JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E90 n55
Default Lag on maps 0,1,&4, 2C57 code on map 0 - 08-09-2022, 08:40 PM

My car is a e90, n55, 6 spd, running PPK and an er charge pipe. I just finished installing JB4 & JB4 connect yesterday (board is PWG Rev.4). I started on map 4 just to get familiar with the gauges on the jb4 mobile app. The throttle response and drivability felt like PPK which is what I was expecting on map 4. Once the oil warmed up, I switched to map 1. My initial impression was that boost took forever to start building compared to PPK. Also, when you're in boost, you can feel a lot of surging whereas the PPK is smooth as butter.

This morning I decided to run map 0 to get back to the smooth drivability of the PPK tune. However, midway through my commute, I noticed the lag that I was feeling on map 1 was now evident on map 0.

In the evening the car was lagy again on map 0 and map 4. The lag was so bad that while merging on the highway, the check engine light came on for a 2C57 code. This is the only time I've gotten a check engine light in my 2 years of ownership, and it happened right after installing JB4. Coincidence?

I cleared the code and decided to get a few logs on map 1 which I have attached. One log is of a 3rd-4th gear pull and another log is from a dead stop to 3rd gear. I haven't gotten the 2C57 again, but I feel like the car is not running right on map 0, 1, or 4 because of how long it takes for the boost just to start building. I also don't like how inconsistent the drivability feels.

So do I need to remove the JB4 or is it possible that I got hit with mechanical issues exactly after installing the JB4? I would also like to know if maps 0 and 4 are truly bypass maps or does the JB4 still adjust parameters on these maps?

My next course of action is to test the wastegate solenoid and do a boost leak test to see if that is causing the lag. I would like to make the JB4 work but so far, we're off to a bad start.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M0_R27_220809_1754.csv (11.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv P5_M0_R27_220809_1800.csv (8.2 KB, 1 views)