JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster N
Default Veloster N PP /w jb4, map 7, Burger WMI - Total loss of power near red line - 07-27-2020, 04:15 PM

So this is my second go with the Burger WMI system for my car. The first time I tried it something just didn't feel right. My car felt like it was losing power any time the WMI would come on. Gave it a year then decided I wanted to give it another go.

This time it has been great, it feels right now. Today though I tried to give it a full 3rd gear to red line pull and at 6300rpm all of a sudden total loss of power. I let off the gas and shifted up and slowed down. Thought maybe it was a problem I was having before with the charge pipe popping off the throttle body but it was on just fine when I checked. No boost leaks anywhere doing some gentle testing.

I logged the pull which I'll post. I noticed right as it hit 6300rpm my trims spiked up to 62, fuel pressure high dropped to 0, and afr jumped to 25. Right before, around 6200, you can see the jb4 boost dropped to 15. I'm running map 7, signal set to 60, and additive set to 70, and I have the fuel wire connected set to flat 80 across the board. I use distilled water with VP M1 as a 50/50 by volume so it's got a bit more methanol than water.

Any reason why this would happen near redline? Nothing like this has happened before and I almost never push to red line, usually just over 5k if I'm pushing it hard.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R4_200727_1206.csv (17.2 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by Jigbits; 07-30-2020 at 09:30 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 03:12 PM

Fuel is cut at the rev limiter so looks like you just hit it?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 09:29 AM

Redline is suppose to be 6750, not sure why it cut early unless there is some sort of safety measure for something.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2020, 11:02 AM

See if it's a trend.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 12:05 PM

Didn't seem to do it this time. I did turn off the JB4 RPM controlled fuel bias in the options menu before this one though since I wasn't really using it. Not sure if the map 6 options effect the other maps. AFR still seems to get a bit low near redline. Is it ok for it to drop under 11 like that?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R6_200804_1020.csv (36.7 KB, 147 views)
(#6)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 05-18-2022, 11:31 PM

Late to the party but how has the BMS wmi kit treated you?
(#7)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Veloster rspec
Default 05-23-2022, 05:09 PM

Im not to sure on the bms wmi kit. Seems like its slower with the meth on then with it off. With it on the car just doesnt feel %100. It just feels wierd. And it doesn't help with iats as near as much as i thought it would. It takes my iats from ehh 111 to 97 on a 90 degree day. Stepping down a nozzle size to see if that help. Also cant get map 7 to work. Keeps throwing a " low meth flow". I have done purged it 100 times and no success.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 06:19 PM

Which nozzle do you have? Bm10? If so def go bm7.
(#9)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 06:33 PM

Nevermind you're on bm7. I remember checking your log. Some say if you're looking for drops in iats from wmi that's not what you should be looking for. Timing is the main thing. But I'm still learning.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-21-2022, 05:24 PM

Did you get this resolved?