JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i E92
Default Trying to unleash the BEAST again... - 01-25-2021, 05:17 PM

Okay, I'm really missing something here, and I'm hoping the support staff/board can help me understand or figure out what I'm missing.
Before I changed my tune from a custom MHD tune to a JB4 BEF tune, my car was WILD. That's the best way I know how to explain it. From the time I put the last upgraded pieces on it, to the time I changed the flash, when I hit the pedal in my car, it would scare the crap out of you! But it was thrilling!!! It always seemed to be just on the other side of out-of-control. However, when I first putting the JB4 in it, it brought the craziness even further down low. What I mean by that, is the wildness came even further down on the rpm range. Where it only got real wild beyond 3500-4200rpm previously, it would try to get wild down around the 3000rpm mark.
So I started changing settings and trying to set it up correctly for the ECU I had, the TMAP sensor. Then I started getting Engine Reduced Power "Half Engine" warnings every time I started my car. So I started working with Terry to dial it in. And we did get it dialed in, and the warnings went away. HOWEVER, and this is the main point of this post, even though my car is running very smoothly, it isn't wild anymore. It's not even close to as quick or fast as it was. When I hit the pedal now, it's much slower and there's NO THRILL at all. It's very tame. And that is killing me.
So, my logic and reasoning is this: If the car made all that speed, hp and torque previously, it can make it again. It still had it when I first put the JB4 on there, and I think it can have it again. I want to keep the JB4, but push the car back to it's crazy personality it had previously, and I'm hoping this board can help me to do it. Right now my boost is really close to my boost target (22-25psi on WOT). And my FF is right in line with WGDC (mid 40's and some 50's on boost). So what can I tinker with to bring back the over-all power and wildness it had before? It doesn't feel like I have any of the down low torque I had before. And on the road I use to test and get logs, I previously would hit about 145-150mph before getting to the point where I needed to slow down before the curve. Now I barely get to 115-120mph. There is a very noticeable difference. So I'd like to tinker with it and try to get back to at least the 140mph range. Thanks for any help offered.

2009 E92 335i: M-Performance exhaust, VRSF ***less DP's & upgraded inlets/outlets, Upgraded Turbos Hexon RR600s, VRSF 7.5" FMIC, aluminum Charge Pipe; Forged aluminum Diverter Valves w upgraded Yellow Springs, Walbro 450 LPFP, Spec Stage 3+ clutch w SMFW, Custom welded RB external PVC w ported & polished heads from Motiv, 3.5 Bar TMAP, BMS dual OCC's, BMS cowl delete filters & DCI's, Index 12 Fuel injectors, M3 suspension, KW v3 coilovers. JB4 G5 with MHD BEF tune.