JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: honda
Default N20 vs N26 - 07-22-2021, 03:22 AM

Hello, Im looking to get a bmw 328i pre-lci. But I'm not sure which engine(N20 or N26) should I get because I have both options available for me to choose, and I have not found much information regarding their reliability and power differences. I'm not planing to do any strong modding except maybe stage 1 tune and exhaust later. But what I'm most concerned is their reliability, and whenever one is more reliable than other one? And which should you recommend to go with?https://omegle.onl/ vshare

Last edited by EdenZhiweis; 07-23-2021 at 04:28 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 328i
Default 07-31-2021, 05:30 PM

Hey, So i had this question when I first getting my 328i about 6 months ago, I looked for hours and realized that the n26 is not only more reliable but also more efficient as its a SULEV while making the same power. Ive driven both cars and I say the n26 is a little peppier in my opinion, also the n26 is just a revamped or remodeled n20 as it fixes the timing chain problem for the pre lci n20's. Now if the n26 engine is before the 6th month of 2015 (not exactly sure on month) it has the updated timing chain as well as some other things to ensure a higher reliability rate) hope this answers you're question