N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3651)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosaad
Any benefit from fuel wire for stinger 2L with out E85 or WMI?
Not a huge benefit on the 2L unless you're doing racing and need every last tenth.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3652)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalmsa
Can you check out these logs? I had a hard time upgrading this firmware, including having the app stating that there was no firmware on the device after two failed attempts. Unfortunately, I had to move the car 20 feet while it was like this. Finally got it to succeed by placing the phone right on the Jb4.

I only use map 2, so that's what I tested with. And, something feels off. Didn't feel as peppy as it usually does (I had just done some errands before trying this and the car was feeling quicker). The other thing is that when I pressed the pedal, on the first drive after, it felt lagging. And then, about half a second later, I would feel a hit, kind of like the transmission suddenly falling in gear. This happened a few times, so I parked the car, turned everything off and then restarted, and that stopped. Might have been because of the recent upgrade. But the acceleration still felt different. I'll go test again later, as I suspect I need to drive it a bit more with the new map.

Edit - is it possible for the ECU computer, because of the confusion caused by turning on the car without a firmware loaded, to over boost? If I look at all my lgos, and compare to the one at 2:06, the ecu_Boost went up to 17.7 , whereas in all other logs, that was maxed at 14.5. The target boost went up to 22.1, higher than any other log.. just odd.
Don't see much in the logs. Set app to combine logs next time and do more full throttle.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3653)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 09-15-2020, 07:14 PM

Hi Terry, new to this platform but I've got two runs that I'd appreciate if you could take a look at.

Everything looked fine from my preliminary once over but obviously I'm not the expert you are.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R10_200914_2115.csv (60.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R9_200913_1659.csv (37.8 KB, 6 views)
(#3654)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 09-16-2020, 10:20 AM

So noticed that the initial post mentions which wire to tap into for the 1.6T is now Blue? Wasn't it originally white? I know I'm using the adapter so I know which wire to properly tap into, but what would happen if tapped into the wrong wire?

Also, now seeing the new alpha. Are the mentioned DWP settings of 60-70 fine for the 1.6T or is there a more optimal setting? I setting it higher or lower going to possibly cause issues?
(#3655)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 11:37 AM

Fuel control won't work if it's in the wrong wire. A log can confirm that. The 1.6L fuel wires have been an area of confusion as different model cars seem to have different color wires. =/

Burger Motorsports

(#3656)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impurpleo
Hi Terry, new to this platform but I've got two runs that I'd appreciate if you could take a look at.

Everything looked fine from my preliminary once over but obviously I'm not the expert you are.

Thanks!
Looks fine to me! I see gas pedal isn't 100%, make sure nothing is blocking the pedal.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3657)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel control won't work if it's in the wrong wire. A log can confirm that. The 1.6L fuel wires have been an area of confusion as different model cars seem to have different color wires. =/
if using the adapter on the 1.6L, the red wire is still the correct one, right?
(#3658)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default 09-16-2020, 06:22 PM

Question for all but interested to hear Terry's opinion - got my JB4 kit for G70 3.3T and get the card new on Friday. How long do you think I wait before installation of Induction, JB4? I think I will add catch can and plugs straight away.

Can't wait, I'm like a kid at Xmas.

Twister

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
Got it today
JB4 kit with EWGs waiting to go on, then onto next upgrade

Waiting to feel the JB4 difference
(#3659)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 09-16-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
Question for all but interested to hear Terry's opinion - got my JB4 kit for G70 3.3T and get the card new on Friday. How long do you think I wait before installation of Induction, JB4? I think I will add catch can and plugs straight away.

Can't wait, I'm like a kid at Xmas.

Twister
LOL I completely understand. This'll start the 'engine break-in' ever-argument so I'll say I like to break in a bit. Sure I'll get the first oil change in and sure, a bit early. And if I can actually find the time and place, I'll work the transmission somewhat hard (harder to do with an auto LOL) and a bit of brakes break-in. Nothing extreme. But let's make sure this newly-built chariot is working before I play with it. But, as patience goes, one vulture on the dead branch turned to the other and said, "Patience, hell. Let's go kill something."

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3660)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 09-16-2020, 06:44 PM

Break the motor in first, wait for the first oil change, then start bolting stuff on.
(#3661)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 08:20 PM

I always suggest 200-300 miles before tuning just to make sure nothing is broken from the factory.

Burger Motorsports

(#3662)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 04:36 AM

thanks Terry - common sense reply, much appreciated

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
Got it today

(#3663)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 04:36 AM

yeah that's me, not very patient

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
Got it today

(#3664)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 07:43 AM

Messed around a bit with the new DWP settings. Starting with 65, noticed that mid throttle it seemed to be either I guess what you call surging or just not pushing as hard as it usually does. Set it down to 45 and it stopped happening. Throttle seemed to be closer to normal.

Kinda curious if higher towards 100 is actually doing the opposite of what I think it's doing. Hmm.
(#3665)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
Messed around a bit with the new DWP settings. Starting with 65, noticed that mid throttle it seemed to be either I guess what you call surging or just not pushing as hard as it usually does. Set it down to 45 and it stopped happening. Throttle seemed to be closer to normal.

Kinda curious if higher towards 100 is actually doing the opposite of what I think it's doing. Hmm.
Keep the feedback rolling and be sure to also indicate what motor you have. Also for DWP to work the JB4 has to be properly installed. Brown connection on manifold, red/yellow/black before throttle body. Some 1.6L customers especially invert the connections.

Burger Motorsports

(#3666)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Keep the feedback rolling and be sure to also indicate what motor you have. Also for DWP to work the JB4 has to be properly installed. Brown connection on manifold, red/yellow/black before throttle body. Some 1.6L customers especially invert the connections.
Yea sorry, I'm in a 1.6L Turbo. I should have the plugs in the right place. I guess I'll just keep messing around with the numbers and see what changes. Looking forward to hearing what it actually does once it's been fine tuned!
(#3667)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I see fuel pressure starting to drop a bit, update to v21 firmware and re-log map3 for comparison's sake.
Done. v21 e30(91 octane) Map3. Still feels like fuel pressure drops at high RPMs.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200909_191736.csv (16.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200909_191951.csv (11.4 KB, 2 views)
(#3668)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Seems OK to me but timing isn't perfect. Use a dragy to see if map2 or map3 is faster and run whatever is giving the best times.

Burger Motorsports

(#3669)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Interested to learn a bit more about the DWP wires and where they come from to in new firmware version?

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
Got it today

(#3670)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Next question may turn into a rat hole,but .....

Gas seems inconsistent here in Canada from what I’m reading. What are best ways to,boost octane for lowest risk to the engine and components?

I’ve been running petro Canada 94 since I moved to Canada but is that the best, maybe not it seems?

Which I was able to get my super unleaded 98RON in UK here...

Twister

Twister. Car came today and it’s soooo hard driving under 2500 rpms, not sure how long I will last.

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
Got it today

(#3671)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
Interested to learn a bit more about the DWP wires and where they come from to in new firmware version?
It's just a test software setting, documented in the app under alpha firmware updates.

Burger Motorsports

(#3672)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Today, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Seems OK to me but timing isn't perfect. Use a dragy to see if map2 or map3 is faster and run whatever is giving the best times.
Thanks for the prompt response. Would running e40 make any difference in your opinion from what you see with others at 5000+ elevation?
(#3673)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Exclamation Today, 12:43 PM

Quote:
OK... So I have my yellow/red/green /black to my manifold and the brown before my throttle body on my 2019 Veloster 1.6 Turbo. Sooo your saying I have it backwards?
(#3674)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Ripper
OK... So I have my yellow/red/green /black to my manifold and the brown before my throttle body on my 2019 Veloster 1.6 Turbo. Sooo your saying I have it backwards?
Yes, backwards

Burger Motorsports

(#3675)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default Today, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, backwards
OK, well that made a difference. I have only had it hooked up backwards for 4 months lol.