N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2019, 08:32 PM

The platform continues to amaze me... I'm limiting boost -4psi in 1st gear too as the "private track" conditions are just so-so. Imagine on a full boost launch getting that 60' in the high 1.5x range.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#227)
Old

Car: Audi rs3
Default 02-15-2019, 01:07 PM

Any rs3 draggy data out there with the jb4? I know the ttrs will run faster times, so just want to see what the rs3 is capable of with just the jb4.
(#228)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Still early days but I'm sure we'll see it sooner or later. George is high elevation so his RS3 times will be proportionally slower.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#229)
Old

Car: 2018 RS3
Default 02-16-2019, 03:26 PM

I forgot to order the wireless adapter, can I hook up the unit without it. I did order the computer connection.
(#230)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 03:28 PM

Sure... The data cable and JB4 mobile adapter do the same thing. Data cable via laptop, JB4 mobile via your phone.

Burger Motorsports

(#231)
Old

Car: 2018 RS3
Default 02-16-2019, 03:41 PM

Is there a page that shows what the standard maps are?
(#232)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctjallen
Is there a page that shows what the standard maps are?
Its in post 1.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2017 Audi 8V RS3 Sedan
2018 Polo GTI
(#233)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 02-17-2019, 02:21 PM

Terry, how do you measure in the 30% e85. Do you have a process to get the ratio right or is it just an approximation?
I have e85 available near by so I thought it would be good to use it as an octane booster.
(#234)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 02-17-2019, 03:23 PM

I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nethnissel.e85

E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline (ideally). E20 is 20% ethanol, etc.

Most gasoline in the US is E10, already. Most "E85" from a pump in the US is really E50 - E85, depending on region and time of the year.

It doesn't make sense to say "30% E85" (alone) because you still don't know the true ethanol percentage. But it does help if you say "30% E85 and 70% 91 octane", because now you have an idea of how much "octane" you have, or realistically how much timing/boost you can run.

Yes, it gets complicated and it really comes down to checking your logs and keeping track of what fuel combo is in the tank. Generally speaking, too much timing being pulled = not enough octane for the combo. Fuel pressure taking a dive = too much ethanol (or boost) for the combo.

It's always a balancing act.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#235)
Old

Default 02-18-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nethnissel.e85

E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline (ideally). E20 is 20% ethanol, etc.

Most gasoline in the US is E10, already. Most "E85" from a pump in the US is really E50 - E85, depending on region and time of the year.

It doesn't make sense to say "30% E85" (alone) because you still don't know the true ethanol percentage. But it does help if you say "30% E85 and 70% 91 octane", because now you have an idea of how much "octane" you have, or realistically how much timing/boost you can run.

Yes, it gets complicated and it really comes down to checking your logs and keeping track of what fuel combo is in the tank. Generally speaking, too much timing being pulled = not enough octane for the combo. Fuel pressure taking a dive = too much ethanol (or boost) for the combo.

It's always a balancing act.
Thanks, and understood about monitoring the timing/ boost etc.

I was more asking about how Terry manages filling up his tank with the right quantity ratio of e85 and normal fuel (98 in my case in Australia) to begin with. Usually the fuel gauge is not an accurate way of determining the volume of fuel in the tank to try and work out how many litres/gallons of e85 to add.
(#236)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335ix
Default 02-18-2019, 02:02 AM

Hi BMS team,

2018 RS3. FMIC, down pipe, Midpipes. Looking to run full e85 (local pumps are ~e60-e63 as measured).

Can you support this? Can you code out down pipe cel?

I used jb4 on my n55 335ix and loved it!

Thx,
JD
Boulder, CO
(#237)
Old
5-chamber Heart

Car: '18 Audi TTRS
Default 02-18-2019, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSthree
I was more asking about how Terry manages filling up his tank with the right quantity ratio of e85 and normal fuel (98 in my case in Australia) to begin with. Usually the fuel gauge is not an accurate way of determining the volume of fuel in the tank to try and work out how many litres/gallons of e85 to add.
If adding to neat 98 - work out the E85 content for a full tank, add it first, then then brim it on 98. Or run it down close to 0 miles as possible, assume 2-3l left in the tank in your calc, add the ratio desired in for another 50l (which you'll get in - its's a 55l tank) and go for it.

Once you have your desired ratio in the tank you'll have to use a bit of guess work for part-filling but don't need to worry about calculating what's in there already. I find 'range' much more accurate to work out what's remaining than the gauge, aim under to give a bit of headroom, but generally if range less than 30miles you'll get 50l total in.

The biggest variable is working out what the E85 content is - hopefully in Aus it's more consistent that the US which suffers from a lack of regulation around fuel quality - and also any Ethanol/Methanol content in the existing fuel which should be taken into account. For example here the 95RON commonly uses 2-3% Methanol which ~3-4.5% Ethanol, and another 4-5% Ethanol as a co-solvent, so it'll report at E7-8 off the bat.
(#238)
Old

Default 02-18-2019, 04:47 AM

Thanks Ross. The last time I used E85 was a few years ago and according to my ethanol sensor the E85 was fairly consistent, 80-85 range.