N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-15-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickNeckers
I already have the mhd app version for b58 through the link Terry provided. Are there maps available after you purchase the mhd flasher license right now or do they become available after the beta in this forum and do you have to manually upload the bef file through your phone? First time bef'er here.
Email terry he was send you a basemap and then you save it to your android device and upload it through the mhd app under the back end flash option
(#77)
Old

Car: M140i rwd zf8 3dr
Default 04-16-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Email terry he was send you a basemap and then you save it to your android device and upload it through the mhd app under the back end flash option
Alright man, thanks! Can anyone dm me his e-mailadress cause i can't seem to find it.
(#78)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-16-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickNeckers
Alright man, thanks! Can anyone dm me his e-mailadress cause i can't seem to find it.
Terry@burgertuning.com
(#79)
Old

Car: 2018 bmw 340i m sport
Default No go for me - 04-16-2019, 07:25 AM

Tried twice to do a pull in third gear with mhd flash and terrys bef map
Keeps breaking up i have ******* ********* and im on map 1 on jb4
Attached Files
File Type: csv cant do a full pull.csv (4.6 KB, 35 views)
(#80)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-16-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18bmwb58
It's probably a fuel pressure crash similar to what i had. He will most likely send you a revised file once.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18bmwb58
Needs the FUD.6 setting. Beyond that email in and we'll have to see what we can do with your fuel pressure! You have a fuel pressure connection?

It's not required with the JB4 but we need the data for logging, haven't had a chance to add it in to the CANbus side yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#82)
Old

Car: 2018 bmw 340i m sport
Default 04-16-2019, 03:25 PM

All good now i made a mistake with the fud
(#83)
Old

Car: M240
Default 04-17-2019, 07:12 PM

once public release, do you believe it will support ps2 off the bat or will there be some time before that?
(#84)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Added updated v12 JB4 firmware to the first post. Main change is pulling in fuel pressure information via CANbus. Fuel pressure information coming off the fuel pressure sensor for those equipped will show under FP_L as there isn't a low fuel pressure sensor on the vehicle from the factory.

Could use a few logs to ensure it's properly calibrated, etc. After updating hte firmware you'll need to lock the doors and wait a few min for the ECU to reset for FP_H to show up properly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#85)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added updated v12 JB4 firmware to the first post. Main change is pulling in fuel pressure information via CANbus. Fuel pressure information coming off the fuel pressure sensor for those equipped will show under FP_L as there isn't a low fuel pressure sensor on the vehicle from the factory.

Could use a few logs to ensure it's properly calibrated, etc. After updating hte firmware you'll need to lock the doors and wait a few min for the ECU to reset for FP_H to show up properly.
Cool Iíll update now and send over some logs.

(#86)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the logs, looks good! I'll rescale it a bit next version so 1=150psi. Looks like it's around 1-200psi currently. But we're checking for fuel pressure drops mainly so this serves the purpose.

Burger Motorsports

(#87)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks for the logs, looks good! I'll rescale it a bit next version so 1=150psi. Looks like it's around 1-200psi currently. But we're checking for fuel pressure drops mainly so this serves the purpose.
E50 mix soon?

Last edited by dRDiesel; 04-18-2019 at 09:36 PM..
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 05:53 PM

You can try it but the fuel pressure is the issue. We have an E85 specific version that runs pretty lean but even then it's an issue. Load it up and we can work in it though.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2019, 09:31 AM

Updated JB4 firmware. Also working on some base BEF changes. Keep the logs rolling in!

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i lci
Default 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Hi Terry, any eta on b48 support?
(#91)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2019, 12:01 PM

I'm ready to go on the JB4 end. Flashing end is up to MHD so I'll let them chime in on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#92)
Old

Default 04-22-2019, 10:52 PM

Terry this new firmware has changed a lot in a good way so far I’ll email you some logs. FF is starting to learn down, but requested and actual boost still don’t match up quite yet maybe FF really needs to relearn to where it needs to be. I’m running 5.5 gallons of E85 topped off with a full tank of our golden 91 and trims are great with 100% meth injection, FOL on 10, and AFR is in the high 12’s low 13’s. You should add timing and keep the AFR in the high 12’s or whatever works great on the B58

(#93)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335i X Drive
Default 04-24-2019, 11:10 AM

Terry is there a timeline for when testing should be complete and the flash will be ready?

[2017 BMW 340i xDrive] [M Sport] [M Performance Exhaust] [JB4] [BMS BEF] [BMS WMI] [BMS Intake] [CG DS-1] [xHP Stage 3]
(#94)
Old

Car: 340i
Icon1 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM

Hey guys, long time reader but first time poster lol.

Sorry for all three questions in advance but I really want to make sure I dot all my Is and cross all my Ts.

So I'm about to flash my car with the BM3 stage 2 tune as well as update my JB4 with v12.3.

I was reading your BEF post and the questions I have are how do I enable the BEF setting? I know you said something about FUD.6=1 but I don't actually know how to do that through the app.

The next question is, I have a 6spd and I am running meth at 19-20psi. If I wanted to up the BM3 tune boost from 16psi up to 19psi like I have currently, would I be able to do so? If so, what map would enable meth as well as to be able to up the boost?

The final question is, what settings would I put for the JB4? Or do I just leave them at the defaults which are on the JB4 thread? I currently run map 6 @19psi w/ FOL at 0 and PID 5 with everything else being the same.

My mods include **, straight through exhaust, intake, JB4 w/ Bluetooth, FF and EWG wires, and the BMS Meth Kit with x98 currently in the tank.
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Follow the directions in the first post. FUD.6 on, load your flash, log map1, and then we can evaluate how best to optimize it. There are no other setting changes required. Map1 is your "flash only" map.

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Car: bmw 340
Default 05-01-2019, 09:28 AM

so far the bef is weaker then normal mhd stage 1?
(#97)
Old

Default 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sp58
Yup I'm running a blend with meth and it's a little weak, but working on eliminating little bugs and certain fault codes that would appear from the DME side. It's more like getting the BEF to run smooth as silk prior to really adding the power needed so it's not going to stay like this forever it will take a little time, but it might be well worth it in the end.

(#98)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sp58
Depends what JB4 map you're running. We've got plenty of customers making way more power then they did flash only. One guy picked up a few MPH in the 1/4 over his BM3 flash only having the JB4 fine tune it.

Early days though, lots of different people are running lots of different setups as we work through development and optimize performance and safety.

Fuel pressure has been a limiting factor in the B58 performance for those without WMI so Fuel-IT is also working on some much needed fuel upgrades for the platform concurrently.

Burger Motorsports

(#99)
Old

Car: M240i Xdrive
Default 05-01-2019, 01:34 PM

in order to advance the JB4 bef, I share this with you.

installation : BM3 stage2 sp93+ jb4 bef

after send map1 log, test personal map6 and check the log then, pass to map3 which boost slightly more.
All log looking good by terry just ę*A minor fuel pressure drop down low, to fix maybe lean out flash a bit down low*Ľ
I’m thinking use meth to help

Make some dragy to compare improvements between BM3 vs BM3 jb4 bef

On 1/4 mile

BM3 only : 11.72
BM3 + JB4 bef : 11.37

On 100-200 km/h :

BM3 only : 9.38
BM3 + JB4 bef : 9.11

On 0-100 km/h

BM3 only : 3.75
BM3 + JB4 bef : 3.42
(#100)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 05-01-2019, 06:50 PM

I donít understand this. Are you flashing a BEF on top of BM3? How is this possible - both of these are flash tunes. The BEF will overwrite the BM3 tune. Or am I missing something about how BM3 works?

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane