N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - 04-03-2019, 10:30 AM

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at https://www.burgertuning.com/pages/terms

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

Pleased to announce we've partnered up with MHD to utilize their flashing platform for JB4 B58 customers to load up back end flash maps!

The B58 flash maps allow us to control aspects of the tuning previously not possible using JB4 alone including changes to the factory fuel caps, torque limiters, throttle behavior, speed limiter, fueling algorithms, and much more. When the JB4 alone isn't enough this is going to be the next step to take your cars performance to the next level. It's especially beneficial for those who want to run E85 mixtures and larger turbos.

Click here to download the latest back end flash maps. Note they are subject to change and when we make revisions we increment the number on each one to keep track of the changes.

How to load:

1. Download the MHD F chassis flashing app from the android store
2. Using "stock maps" operation load Stage0, this requires purchasing the MHD flashing license for $249. Do not purchase any MHD maps or the logging module as we already provide those for you free of charge.
3. We expect a lot of mapping changes so email us for the proper starter map for your situation, terry@burgertuning.com, you'll email back logs, and we'll go from there. Once all maps are stable we'll add them to this thread.
4. When loading flash maps use the "flash a back end" option. There are some MHD flash time options you can select as desired.
5. For flashing support, either email mhd.tuning@gmail.com or the MHD B58 what's app group : WhatsApp Group Invite
6. Update your JB4 firmware to v14+ and set options (future use d) bit 6 on so the JB4 knows you have a flash map loaded. Select VIEW next to Options, slide bit6 on, press save to exit screen, then save again to save settings page.

JB4 B58 map guide as of v13+ firmware:

Note FutureUseD bit6 must be enabled for correct mapping when flashed

Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: Flash mapping with JB4 active for in dash gauges, boost by gear, CAN flap, etc
Map2: Absolute target map peak boost of 16psi
Map3: Absolute target map peak boost of 18psi
Map4: Absolute target map peak boost of 20psi
Map5: Absolute target map peak boost of 22psi
Map6: Custom tuning map allowing both additive (below 10psi) and absolute (above 10psi) targeting
Map7: WMI map (boost varies based on WMI additive and map settings)
Map8: VALET/Low boost safety map

BEF Updates:

11/20/19: Posted updated maps with fault code disabling ported over to new MHD fault code disable list spec and various other minor tuning changes

I'll start a FAQ as well and update it as we go.

How much is the MHD B58 flashing license?

The flashing license if $249, and we will be providing the map templates free of charge, so you don't need to purchase any maps. Additionally you'll be using the JB4 for all data logging so do not need to purchase the extra logging module.

Is any special hardware required?

MHD requires an Android device. If you don't have one any generic $50 tablet or phone will do. In addition you'll need an MHD compatible flash cable. We suggest the BMS cable for $29.. There is also the wireless Wifi adapter for $69 that is faster to flash.

Once I flash the DME can the dealership tell? What if I flash it back to stock?

Modifying your vehicle is not without risks and we believe flashing the DME is traceable even if flashed to stock. If you are really concerned about your warranty, it's best not to flash your vehicle. That said when used in conjunction with the JB4's expanded safety systems and mapping use/guidelines, expect a relatively high level of reliability at the elevated power levels.

What flash time options are available?

Certain settings can be toggled on/off or adjusted during the flashing process itself. Including the user adjustable exhaust burble settings, speed limiter delete, cold start delete, CEL delete, etc. MHD will be adding these as their development progresses.

Dyno results:

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-03-2019, 11:44 AM

Nice! Looking forward to this!

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#3)
Old

Car: 340i Xdrive
Default 04-03-2019, 12:25 PM

So would you recommend me changing my HCP BEF which I had done by wrench/HCP. I know my HCP was a single flash. I run e30 and with my PS2 but would love to eventually run just e85

2016 340 xdrive - JB4 - Dinan Midpipe - Dinan Muffler - Dinan Shockware - PS2 - BMS methkit - Dual DO7 nozzles - HCP BEF
(#4)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i lci
Default 04-03-2019, 12:40 PM

What about b48 support? Been waiting for it for more than half a year!
(#5)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreySPB
What about b48 support? Been waiting for it for more than half a year!
I'm pretty sure its a work in progress hang in there.

(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 340i
Default 04-03-2019, 03:09 PM

Always ready for testing ��

2017 Estoril Blue 340i 6 Speed, Meth Injection, FBO, E20
(#7)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-03-2019, 04:29 PM

So do you still run maps on the jb4 when I purchase this?
(#8)
Old

Car: 17í BMW M240xi
Default 04-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Well this made my day, canít wait!
(#9)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 04-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Pleased to announce we've partnered up with MHD to utilize their flashing platform for JB4 B58 customers to load up back end flash maps!

The B58 flash maps allow us to control aspects of the tuning previously not possible using JB4 alone including changes to the factory fuel caps, torque limiters, throttle behavior, speed limiter, fueling algorithms, and much more. When the JB4 alone isn't enough this is going to be the next step to take your cars performance to the next level. It's especially beneficial for those who want to run E85 mixtures and larger turbos.

The MHD B58 system is currently in BETA and I'm working with Martial to sort out how we're going to implement it. I'll update this thread as soon as I have those details so don't email me. Just post any questions here.
Ding ding ding! Consider me interested as a beta volunteer!

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda340i
So would you recommend me changing my HCP BEF which I had done by wrench/HCP. I know my HCP was a single flash. I run e30 and with my PS2 but would love to eventually run just e85
We'll have to see your logs and compare to our BEF logs, to see what the differences are and whether or not it makes sense to change you over later.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 04-04-2019, 04:38 PM

When running map 0 with the JB4 disabled, do things like boost limiters in 1st/2nd and duty bias also stop being active or will I need to reset these to default values ?
(#12)
Old

Default 04-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1810
When running map 0 with the JB4 disabled, do things like boost limiters in 1st/2nd and duty bias also stop being active or will I need to reset these to default values ?
I was curious to know about this also. When we flash with the BEF do we still need to keep tweaking around FOL, FUA, duty bias and such like how i did with map 7?

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1810
Map0 fully disables the JB4.

With the new JB4 firmware we'll post with the BEF maps, when FUD.6=1 for back end flash mode, map0 remains JB4 fully disabled, and map1 becomes JB4 active for boost by gear, WMI/CPI control, etc, but with no tuning enabled. So map1 makes a great flash only map for those who want to do comparisons or lower boost by gear on their flash map for improved traction.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Added directions to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 04-05-2019, 03:28 PM

How do you purchase this license or whatever you need to get. Do all the tunes go through you terry or mhd?
(#16)
Old

Default 04-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
How do you purchase this license or whatever you need to get. Do all the tunes go through you terry or mhd?
Also can we run an android simulator on a windows laptop if we donít have an android device
(#17)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Download the MHD app to your android device using the link Terry provided. DO NOT use the google play version of the app at this time. Connect your car to android using the K+D-CAN cable. When you do that start the app and buy a flasher license through the app. Donít buy anything beyond the $249 flash license if you intend to use the JB4 BEF

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#18)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-05-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Also can we run an android simulator on a windows laptop if we donít have an android device
Yes but it had better support USB properly. I use Android-x86.

(#19)
Old

Default 04-05-2019, 03:58 PM

I gotta grab the cable on Monday and get started with this.

(#20)
Old

Default 04-05-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Yes but it had better support USB properly. I use Android-x86.
So bluestacks wonít work? Also will the jb4 need to be in map 0 or in the newest firmware for the bef
(#21)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-06-2019, 05:40 AM

I donít know personally about the JB4 settings yet.

Bluestacks is for games. USB support seems limited to controllers. No, it wonít work. And itís a resource hog at that.

(#22)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 09:36 AM

So have any of you flashed yet? I can't get a hold of a cable until Monday.

(#23)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Same boat as you. BG has been abundantly slow with shipping. I didn’t want to chance another cable. I would have taken BMS’s cable but it’s designed for USB OTG and I use a regular PC.

(#24)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Same boat as you. BG has been abundantly slow with shipping. I didnít want to chance another cable. I would have taken BMSís cable but itís designed for USB OTG and I use a regular PC.
Are we able to use a windows laptop/pc to flash?

(#25)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 01:36 PM

Apparently not.