N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Default 04-01-2016, 06:43 AM

Ah, what a nice find this thread is

Got my Hexon RR600 installed last weekend, together with larger inlets. Already on the way back home i could feel a lot of torque (650i clutch slippling, need to check for air in clutch system...)

For sure also got lots of errors (JB4 falling into map4) and Interface said last error was due to overboost issues (boost safety set to 25psi!!). Seems legit, as i just read on page 1 of this thread that i need to flash some specific backend and also have some values adapted in the JB4 interface. Ok, so got that at least.

But now: i want to have a custom map done for my car now, but also want to stick to my (i guess OUR) beloved JB4. How do i have to set the JB to only provide its nice additional features (exhaust, gauges, shift indicator etc) and let the flash handle ALL the tuning? What does the JB4 still have under control when flashing a custom map or the RACE etc backend flash offered?

I already have MHD here for the flashing stuff, should do fine.
Other mods are: RR600, Inlets, *********, Wagner EVO2, Walbro 450, some E85 if needed, otherwise EURO 100 octane fuel, RB PCV. manual transmission, MSD81 DME. hoping to shoot for some good results with this setup finally.

Thanks for support and input! I am willing to do some logs/tests if helpful or interesting to others as well.
(#152)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 04-01-2016, 08:14 AM

^
How do you like your Hexon RR600's so far??
Which inlets did you go with?

2007 E90 335i 6AT - 580whp/550wtq
(#153)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-01-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger2k1
But now: i want to have a custom map done for my car now, but also want to stick to my (i guess OUR) beloved JB4. How do i have to set the JB to only provide its nice additional features (exhaust, gauges, shift indicator etc) and let the flash handle ALL the tuning? What does the JB4 still have under control when flashing a custom map or the RACE etc backend flash offered?
It's also in the main JB4 thread but here you get all the info on the new 4/4 option in JB4: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37242
(#154)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 04-01-2016, 11:02 AM

Will email you Terry.

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#155)
Old

Default 04-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM
^
How do you like your Hexon RR600's so far??
Which inlets did you go with?
Not too much of driving experience yet so... too early to say anything. With the BEF now running, i am hoping for some more action once the custom map is done. I don't think this is all the car is capable of. Will e-mail some Logs to Terry in a minute, i guess publishing them in this thread would not be welcome.

@johmei: thanks for your help/link!
(#156)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2016, 03:02 PM

For log help you post them in the support area along with a listing of mods, fuel used, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#157)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 04-09-2016, 02:46 AM

I feel this is a no but, can you run E60-E70 with lpfp upgrade and no PI on Hybrids?

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#158)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-09-2016, 03:40 AM

It depends on your goals, I ran 19.5PSI with Hexon RR500 and E70. About 520whp on virtual dyno.

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF
(#159)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 04-09-2016, 04:08 AM

I've been running E60 with my setup with no issues.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#160)
Old

Car: 07 335I
Default Log check - 04-26-2016, 04:56 PM

Can someone check these logs and see how they look and advise on any changes needed. All duty bias set to 50. Running RB turbo's, inlets, jb4, charge pipe and bov, 7" intercooler.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1st-04-26-16.csv (6.6 KB, 194 views)
File Type: csv 2nd-04-26-16.csv (7.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: csv 3rd-04-26-16.csv (8.8 KB, 168 views)
(#161)
Old

Default 04-29-2016, 05:12 AM

Terry, can you look into addressing the lean spool up on the E85 BEF? Seems some of us are running high AFR's while getting into boost. Love the power but not willing to sacrifice hurting the motor in the process. Thanks

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuwunder
Can someone check these logs and see how they look and advise on any changes needed. All duty bias set to 50. Running RB turbo's, inlets, jb4, charge pipe and bov, 7" intercooler.
What is the fuel setup?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Terry, can you look into addressing the lean spool up on the E85 BEF? Seems some of us are running high AFR's while getting into boost. Love the power but not willing to sacrifice hurting the motor in the process. Thanks
It is called lean spool. Would need to see a log though to determine whether or not it's operating as it should be.

Burger Motorsports

(#164)
Old

Default 04-29-2016, 12:55 PM

All three of these logs have been posted in the support forum. Obliviously some changes have been made to help with certain situation over the past week, but AFRs remain high. At this point, suggestion have been to either load regular hybrid BEF or start learning tunerpro. I'll do whatever I need for now to make sure I'm not running lean, was just hoping spool changes could be made to the BEF if you feel it's necessary.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 4-24-2016 FF lowered.csv (10.6 KB, 154 views)
File Type: csv 4-23-2016 Run 2 OB.csv (10.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: csv 4-28-2016 Run 2.csv (10.0 KB, 164 views)

(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 01:04 PM

Looks normal for lean spool to me. But, drop me an email with the flash file loaded, and we can test a few things, if you have time to log it.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Car: 07 335I
Default 04-29-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What is the fuel setup?
93 oct. No upgrades to fuel system yet.
(#167)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 09:35 PM

If anyone is having hybrid lean-spool issues email in a log and I'll send you the fix to test.

Burger Motorsports

(#168)
Old

Default 05-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Terry, is it possible in the future that when we update the firmware that it ignores the duty bias so we don't have to 0/50 them and then change them back after?

(#169)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Not following you. Why would you change them to 50 and then back to the tuned value again? If you've custom tuned them then don't touch them when updating firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#170)
Old

Default 05-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the notes in red on the E-series thread but I thought the settings had to be changed during a firmware update to avoid 30FF?

(#171)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2016, 10:21 AM

They need to be updated once if updating from an older firmware. That's it.

Burger Motorsports

(#172)
Old

Default 05-02-2016, 12:19 PM

Glad I asked, lol Thanks

(#173)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-02-2016, 02:36 PM

patiently waiting for hybrid specific maps
(#174)
Old

Car: 335i 2010
Default rb turbo map - 05-05-2016, 07:04 PM

Cant wait for the turbo hybrid map
just got RB turbo next gen and the car is currently in the shop..
Terry if you need to run some tests we are 3 with rb turbo next gen.
e92i
e93i
e92xi
let me know

E92 335i 2010 Mtech N54, NGK 5992, Wavetrac LSD, RB Turbo Next Gen, RB PVC Valves, RB Inlets, JB4 Iso 5, Tmap 3.5, Stett Performance Chargepipe With Dual Forged Diverter Valves, Afe Stage 2 Intake, AMS 6'' Intercooler, AR DownP*pe, Bmw Performance Exhaust, Bms occ, Bms Race Back End Flash, Snow Performance Stage 3 Meth Kit With 94 Oct, Kw V2 Coilover, Fuelit Stage2, Bms Short Shift Kit, Lux H8 160, Clutch Stage 2+, Michelin sport cup 2. (Trebila Tune on the way )

Last edited by Doukchino; 05-05-2016 at 08:00 PM..
(#175)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Sounds good. Get those logs rolling.

Burger Motorsports