N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: BMW 135i Coupe
Default 03-03-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veee8
Actually I copied over the e85 KR BEF as a stand alone flash on my car yesterday. Not too bad really. Needs a little WGDC work, and might bring the load targets down a touch, but overall not a bad flash. Good work.
I think that was Terry's point.....without a piggyback controlling boost, the flash only WGDC tables are going to need some tweaking, which can be a challenge if you don't know your way around the PID tables.
(#102)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-04-2016, 08:35 AM

Terry,

In 4/4 flash only mode With the white subconnector back to stock can the N20 sensor still be used through the JB4?

Thanks,

Chris
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM

As it's set now, that will probably cause problems, unless the flash was setup for the OEM sensor scaling.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old

Default 03-04-2016, 09:04 AM

Ok.. Just so I understand that... As long as the flash was set for the stock sensor scaling, the N20 map sensor could be used and the JB4 will still do its thing scaling it externally? Or is that now how it works?

Thanks Terry!

Chris
(#105)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2016, 09:29 AM

Correct. Although, given how flash tuners are doing maps now > 21psi, it would cause them issues to run the stock scaling.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#106)
Old

Default 03-04-2016, 09:49 AM

Ok.. So what would the solution be to run in flash only mode with an N20 sensor.. Would it require the maxboost?
(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2016, 10:38 AM

To run the N20 sensor, flash only, with a JB4 on mode 4/4, you would leave the JB4's TMAP sensor setting set to 0. This would prevent the JB4 from rescaling the sensor output. But this would also have the side effect of having the JB4 display the wrong boost values in JB4 logs. When you do it shoot me a JB4 log and I can figure out a user adjustment to fix the boost reading scaling.

Burger Motorsports

(#108)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 03-04-2016, 12:06 PM

I hear that the MHD V6 maps have been released, FYI.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#109)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 03-04-2016, 01:26 PM

Let the games begin

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#110)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 03-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.GII
Glad to see movement in this area! Great work and looking forward to seeing the race map reworked. As I'm stuck on 93 + meth

Will these changes to bef be the same for bb vs. mhd method ? I recall boost ceiling in mhd is higher than bb... Has bef utilized that yet? Or is that something flash only tune really needs? The reason I ask, I am still using bb to load my bef's and don't plan on moving to mhd for this until there is a valid reason (performance). I know mhd is more portable and maybe faster writes... I could care less about that.
Anyone able to chime in? Please and thank you.

... Anyone ?

Last edited by Jeff.GII; 03-06-2016 at 05:38 PM..
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
I hear that the MHD V6 maps have been released, FYI.
Sweet I'll give it a few days to ensure they don't change them and hit the dyno up for the flash only PUMP comparison we wanted.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 12:02 PM

nice . looking forward to it

135i n54 FBO!
(#113)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-06-2016, 01:52 PM

great thread... reading anxiously to see what positives come up...

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" DP's|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#114)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 03-06-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.GII
Anyone able to chime in? Please and thank you.

... Anyone ?
?
(#115)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 03-07-2016, 04:29 PM

We want those Dyno results

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#116)
Old

Car: You're momma caboose
Default 03-07-2016, 05:19 PM

MHD V6 maps are in beta, no public (full) release yet.

Interested to see where this discussion goes
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 05:23 PM

OK will wait for public release. I have a few new things we need to test on our PUMP back end flash maps in the mean time anyway.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i 6sp
Default 03-07-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs

The problem with the old Shiv Open Flash Tablet maps is that so many new tables have been found that it cannot see.
Save the bin (after you make it with the old XDFs) then use the bin with the current XDFs. Everything can be seen. you may have to update some tables that weren't open back then.
(#119)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 03-09-2016, 06:37 PM

Sorry if it's been asked already but, if I switch to 4/4 and put white connector back to stock to allow MHD to control boost do I lose anything else besides wastegate control? Do I lose my 2step/ NLS? Rolling anitlag? boost by gear?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#120)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 03-09-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
OK will wait for public release. I have a few new things we need to test on our PUMP back end flash maps in the mean time anyway.
Shoot me a revision if you need anything else tested. I'm free all week and this weekend.

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Sorry if it's been asked already but, if I switch to 4/4 and put white connector back to stock to allow MHD to control boost do I lose anything else besides wastegate control? Do I lose my 2step/ NLS? Rolling anitlag? boost by gear?
Yes you lose all JB4 features except data logging and in dash gauges.

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Car: BMW 135i Coupe
Default 03-10-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee
Save the bin (after you make it with the old XDFs) then use the bin with the current XDFs. Everything can be seen. you may have to update some tables that weren't open back then.
Yes...thanks. I finally figured out where to get the updated xdf's and can see all the new tables now

But given the OTF is no longer supported and such old technology, I am porting my maps over to MHD flasher as I have an android phone now.

Thanks for the information!
(#123)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 03-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Do the mhd backend flashes get updated also? I've been running the same backend since mhd ots v2

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2s, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#124)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2016, 09:10 AM

Updates are posted to the MHD thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 03-15-2016, 12:26 AM

Looking forward to seeing the difference 3/14/16 pump performs on the dyno. I'm sure it feels smoother, partly owing to throttle mapping changes but also less ignition retard events when IAT is >100f.