N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not yet. Right now it's global for all maps. We're slowly improving the system to be more automatic. At some point in the near or distant future you'll never need to adjust AFR bias at all.
This will be great, any sort off time frame ?

I could beta test if you need someone.
(#727)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-29-2016, 09:59 AM

From the first post, does this "PI on stage 1 lpfp and up to 600whp" stands true for this? Assuming full e85.

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#728)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-29-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
This will be great, any sort off time frame ?

I could beta test if you need someone.
Each firmware revision has a chunk of logic we need to make it happen. It's a complex process and we need to ensure each change is fully tested and functional as we build up to the end goal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#729)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 02-29-2016, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reply and good to hear
(#730)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 03-02-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
We're slowly but surely improving the JB4 PI integration. The next piece of the puzzle is adding in a fueling factor for air intake temps. You need a lot more fuel for 25psi at 30 degrees inlet temps than for 25psi at 150 degrees inlet temps, for example. So we need the JB4 to automatically compensate for that.

We have a first draft done and need some help logging it. Drop me an email if you're interested.
Hi Terry,

Has any progress been made on this front? I am running 25 psi and winter is coming soon lol.

Is the latest n20 tmap fuel map still as of 12/6/15?

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

Last edited by DSCOFF; 03-02-2016 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: wrong info
(#731)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 03-02-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Hi Terry,
and winter is coming soon lol.
Game of Thrones reference?

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#732)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 03-03-2016, 07:41 PM

You know nothing Bostonbeemah

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#733)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 03-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eristoff
You know nothing Bostonbeemah
Can you at least call my by my name John even if I am a bastard

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#734)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Want to install JB4 - 03-04-2016, 10:58 PM

I have been running MHD, will like to reinstall JB4.
My PI has a separate system with separate tank, pump and boos switch.
Do I have to follow install options for the PI if I want to install the JB4?
or just install the JB4 and leave the split second as it is?
Thanks
(#735)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 03-05-2016, 03:21 AM

I just installed the pi kit.
Is there a way to test it like meth(7/5) ???
(#736)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 03-06-2016, 05:55 PM

easy set the afr bias to 50 and do a pull, watch the trims fall
(#737)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM

Hello,
Can someone tell me which values enable and control the PI in the JB4 interface. I have JB4 controlling the PI.
(#738)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 03-06-2016, 07:44 PM

If it's connected to the jb4 the Pi is enabled

The afr bias settings control the fuel flow
(#739)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 11:00 PM

Tks. Any idea of what the bias value range represents (0-100)?. Does PI still enable at a specific boost value, based on rpm (which is what the bias is ranged at and doesn't make sense), or a combination of both? Engagement boost threshold value? I am running the ST FW.
(#740)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Hey Terry,
Could you share some insight on how the jb4 controls the aic and what the AFR bias numbers correlate to so I can tune the PI?
Tks in advance,
(#741)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 06:56 PM

I could have sworn I wrote up something. I'll have to look around for it. Anyway higher values = more PI, lower values = less PI, the internal curve is JB4 firmware specific, and you can log the output under "Fuel Enrich" in JB4 logs.

So I'd set AFR bias all to 50 and look at the parameter in logs to get a feeling for the algorithm. Then raise it in areas where high fuel pressure is crashing if needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#742)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 09:03 PM

Easy enough thanks for the response.
(#743)
Old

Car: 335iS
Default 03-12-2016, 10:08 AM

I'm running this Port injection kit without a JB4. So once I load the N20 map on the AIC controller do I need to make any changes? Is it "Set-it and forget it"?
(#744)
Old

Default JB4 integration - 03-14-2016, 09:08 AM

Terry-I have a separate setup for the port injection with an independent tank with pump as a secondary for the port system. Will this setup be a problem to do the integration with the JB4?
Also does the SS goes higher than 16psi? or need a new unit for it to go up to 26psi?
(#745)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM

The JB4 controls port injection flow. If you have a separate tank we'll have to disable the JB4s low fuel pressure variable for you otherwise it will be compensating IPW for the primary system while you're running it off the second.

Burger Motorsports

(#746)
Old

Default 03-14-2016, 03:41 PM

How do we accomplish this?
Also is the install the same?
(#747)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2016, 04:20 PM

After it's all installed and running just drop me an email and I can send the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#748)
Old
Legend

Default 03-15-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
The JB4 controls port injection flow. If you have a separate tank we'll have to disable the JB4s low fuel pressure variable for you otherwise it will be compensating IPW for the primary system while you're running it off the second.
didn't realized JB4 integrating PI was also controlling the IPW of the lpfp.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#749)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
didn't realized JB4 integrating PI was also controlling the IPW of the lpfp.
It's not, but it has to read the low fuel pressure and compare that with boost pressure, to calculate injection pressure. This then factors in to the PI injector pulse width.

Burger Motorsports

(#750)
Old
Legend

Default 03-15-2016, 09:09 AM

understood

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash