N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3326)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Beta testing of the new BB app to commence soon. If you would like to test: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...s-apply-within

(#3327)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i
Default 07-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Hey I have a quick question. I'm currently running the pump BEF map. I want to switch back to stock tuning because I'm running meth and not liking the pump map. I'm going to flash back to stock and maybe in a week or so give the race back end flash a try. I made sure to back up my stock map before flashing. The thing is I had to get a new android tablet as my old one wasn't strong enough to keep up with the jb4 app gauges. I have MHD on the new android. Will I have to use my old android to flash back to stock or is this saved with your vin number?
(#3328)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2017, 01:34 PM

For WMI use the RACE BEF, but you can just use MHD to load a stock map. It's an option there. When using it I think it plugs your VIN back in where it needs to be.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3329)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i
Default 07-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Thanks terry. Gonna flash it back to stock and try the race next. I feel like the car was faster without the pump flash on it spraying meth. But without the meth and using the pump gas BEF it seemed a lot faster. I will get some logs here soon. Then getting it dyno'd.
(#3330)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 07-03-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcedfedone
Thanks terry. Gonna flash it back to stock and try the race next. I feel like the car was faster without the pump flash on it spraying meth. But without the meth and using the pump gas BEF it seemed a lot faster. I will get some logs here soon. Then getting it dyno'd.
Use MHD / Stage 0 to switch in 2 min to the OEM calibration if you want to test.
(#3331)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90
Default 07-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Terry maybe next time you can include ALL the changes you make in the latest BEF since, I don't know, maybe HALF of your customers run down::p1pes without cats and that's a small important piece of info we need to know BEFORE we dl and install.

Thanks!
(#3332)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Can someone tell me what changes mhd backend pump map makes? I just loaded one and feel no difference from before. I run on map5 with 30% e85. Feel like i wasted $80
(#3333)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Did you select 4/2 in dash?

Post JB4 logs in the support area if you need additional tuning assistance!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3334)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535xi
Default 07-03-2017, 03:11 PM

@terry im running jb4 with the latest bef, does this bef has any update for xhp?
i ask cus many of us are running xhp to so it could be good to know.
(#3335)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Did you select 4/2 in dash?

Post JB4 logs in the support area if you need additional tuning assistance!
Yes sir 4/2 is set. Im waiting for my bluetooth connection kit to get here after that i will deff post a log. Do you know if backend pump flash suppost to advance timing a little bit whats the whole point of it? To me feels the same before and after the flash.
(#3336)
Old

Default 07-03-2017, 08:02 PM

Terry for outside US + racing situations. Should the ******* codes be showing up?

I am getting it on the latest BEF for E85. I am in Australia.
(#3337)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2017, 08:19 PM

Yes. But MHD offers a flash time option for that, I believe.

Burger Motorsports

(#3338)
Old

Car: BMW 335 e92
Default 07-03-2017, 11:00 PM

What main difference beetween pump and races flash ?
(#3339)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-04-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanya0971
What main difference beetween pump and races flash ?
Timing

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#3340)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-04-2017, 01:09 AM

@MHD, hopefully they add a rev limiter option like to 3K RPM that would be nice feature

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#3341)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 07-04-2017, 08:34 AM

Hi Terry

Sorry upfront for the noob question but I'm going to update my BB E85 BEF Flash (Current version on the car is early 2016)

Was wondering if there's anything specific I will need to do or adjust in JB4 for any new features that have been added?

Thanks
(#3342)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 07-04-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJ
Hi Terry

Sorry upfront for the noob question but I'm going to update my BB E85 BEF Flash (Current version on the car is early 2016)

Was wondering if there's anything specific I will need to do or adjust in JB4 for any new features that have been added?

Thanks
I've been running E85 flashes for a while, I believe there were only minor changes since 2016. I suggest using the difference tool of TunerPro, to know for sure. Note that the *** conversion code might be enabled in the current bef, whereas it was disabled in the past.

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
JB4 + BMS/custom bef (E50)
(#3343)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfin
I've been running E85 flashes for a while, I believe there were only minor changes since 2016. I suggest using the difference tool of TunerPro, to know for sure. Note that the *** conversion code might be enabled in the current bef, whereas it was disabled in the past.
Thanks for that

Just been reading up and reading a lot about everyone swapping from BB to MHD BEF

Is it really that much better?

I don't have an android device so will be a pain for me to get one to do this
(#3344)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 10:51 AM

I did not get BB to work on my laptop, so I ended up buying a Galaxy Tab A for $200, which now most of time is used by my kids
An old android will work fine, but needs to be OTG compatible.

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
(#3345)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I did not get BB to work on my laptop, so I ended up buying a Galaxy Tab A for $200, which now most of time is used by my kids
An old android will work fine, but needs to be OTG compatible.
So you are still running a BB back end?
(#3346)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM

Just read now that BB are updating their BEF

Hmmmm might wait a few weeks to see how this turns out
If I can avoid the switch I will
(#3347)
Old

Car: 07 335 coupe
Default 07-04-2017, 01:10 PM

glad to see more being done on the bb platform.but where in bb programs using tunerpro do i raise or lower boost??? also if car is reporting low torque(using xhp program not shifting firm) where would i go to correct this???

09 conv mhd v7 tune xhp stage 3 bms intake ***
255/19 front 275/ 19 rear e85
(#3348)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJ
So you are still running a BB back end?
In the past, BMS had different bef's for BB and MHD, but now they are the same. I always start from my original bin and copy over tuning with TunerPro, and upload with MHD. Did this recently with the "BB2" labeled merged E85 bef and works great. So far I remember, when you use use BB for upload, you have to use the provided file as is, because of a checksum issue. I think they are working on this so you will be able to upload your own modified bins with BB in the future.

(#3349)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
In the past, BMS had different bef's for BB and MHD, but now they are the same. I always start from my original bin and copy over tuning with TunerPro, and upload with MHD. Did this recently with the "BB2" labeled merged E85 bef and works great. So far I remember, when you use use BB for upload, you have to use the provided file as is, because of a checksum issue. I think they are working on this so you will be able to upload your own modified bins with BB in the future.
Cheers Yellowfin

starting to get my head around this a little

so basically the BB upload BEF is locked because of that checksum issue but the MHD upload of BEF allows more playing around

yeah I read BB are planning on updating to fix this
(#3350)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 07-05-2017, 03:53 AM

quick question.
what is the diffrerent between E85 n hybird E85 bin files?
I had check them via tunerpro. still no idea why 2 bins are so different.