N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3276)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Im wanting to try MHD stage2+ 98ron map while leaving the white sub connector attached for jb4 features, with menu 4/4 set. Will I need to 0 out the duty bias? Also what settings would menu 10,11,12 be set at to allow the jb4 to follow the flash tune most accurately?
(#3277)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2017, 06:04 PM

No with white subconnector removed and mode 4/4 set no reason to touch any JB4 settings as they won't be active.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3278)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 06-09-2017, 12:44 AM

Yes Terry but im wanting to leave the sub connector attached for logging and safety as I said, currently running the race back end but now my plugs have a few thousand miles on timing pulls are apparent. Was looking to try there OTS map for a little while. I have used them previously on the version 6 maps but found the throttle to have some hesitation so thats the reason for the question about the settings really.

Thanks
(#3279)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 06-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I sent the info over to Sticky's programmer since he is doing a new app, but I guess that was delayed a few weeks. Anyway forward me the BIN and I can run the program on it to add the checksums. I have it setup for i8a0s and ije0s only currently.
Thanks for doing the Checksum for me. I flashed the file today with no issue along with doing a JB FW update and car is running great.
(#3280)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2017, 09:25 AM

No problem I'll just clean up and post the app shortly probably. Was hoping to avoid wasting more of my time with it since BB is including it. Oh well.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3281)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMixitSigns
Yes Terry but im wanting to leave the sub connector attached for logging and safety as I said, currently running the race back end but now my plugs have a few thousand miles on timing pulls are apparent. Was looking to try there OTS map for a little while. I have used them previously on the version 6 maps but found the throttle to have some hesitation so thats the reason for the question about the settings really.

Thanks
I don't know what you're trying to do. You should be running one of our BEF maps appropriate to your fuel, along with the JB4 map appropriate to your power requirements. Then, if you need tuning help on fixing or improving something, post a JB4 log to the support forum with a list of mods, fuel, and details.

Burger Motorsports

(#3282)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-12-2017, 09:26 AM

This may be a loaded question, but after switching from the old 2/23/16 BB file to the 3/17/17 Merged file, it feels like the throttle is a lot more sensitive to loading up the engine at light throttle and low RPM, which is noticeable in daily driving. Tried adjusting Menus 10,11,12 but didn't seem to affect this. Is this tied to any specific tables in the BIN where I could maybe copy from the older one to the newer one, or is it just due to a combination of torque and WGDC changes in the tuning?
(#3283)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
This may be a loaded question, but after switching from the old 2/23/16 BB file to the 3/17/17 Merged file, it feels like the throttle is a lot more sensitive to loading up the engine at light throttle and low RPM, which is noticeable in daily driving. Tried adjusting Menus 10,11,12 but didn't seem to affect this. Is this tied to any specific tables in the BIN where I could maybe copy from the older one to the newer one, or is it just due to a combination of torque and WGDC changes in the tuning?
Menu 11. Adjust down. Could also be 10. But more likely 11
(#3284)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2017, 05:51 PM

We may have tweaked the torque request high and low % tables in the BEF also, so I'd start by evaluating those.

Burger Motorsports

(#3285)
Old

Car: BMW 335 e92
Default 06-13-2017, 03:59 AM

Hello, help me please)
I have jb4 isog5, and I also want to flash mhd backend..
But have some problem during flashing "Failed to write section paket 761"...
N54 e92 335, 81 engine version, 2008.04

Last edited by sanya0971; 06-13-2017 at 04:04 AM..
(#3286)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-13-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
We may have tweaked the torque request high and low % tables in the BEF also, so I'd start by evaluating those.
Thanks Terry. Looking at the old vs the new, the newer tables are more aggressive and more square across the range, while the older ones have more progressive values especially at low pedal percent.

Is it safe to copy the tables from the older flash to the newer one if I prefer that throttle mapping? Is this tied to any other torque related tables since it is percent based? This would not require a new checksum be calculated correct?

Thanks!
(#3287)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes those two tables and their axis can be copied, they do not interfere with the torque checksum.

Burger Motorsports

(#3288)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-13-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Yes those two tables and their axis can be copied, they do not interfere with the torque checksum.
Tried this tonight and it works great. Back to the response I am used to. Will test over a few days of daily driving. I'll be sure to keep these tables as my 'favorite'. Thanks as always for taking the time to answer these questions!!!
(#3289)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535xi
Default 06-17-2017, 01:21 PM

do we have a BEF for the I8A0S for ********* D P ?
im running jb4g5 and im getting cel code for ***** D P.

Last edited by n5418102; 06-17-2017 at 10:22 PM..
(#3290)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 06-18-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
O2 cannot get ready if the maps has some codes disabled. And the flash option ensure that codes are enabled, so readiness can be achieved IF cats are working properly.

Update the app, reflash the map, there was a bug for a short period of time.
My app is currently up to date but I'll reflash for sure. Thanks for the help!

E90 - 2008 -335i - FBO: WedgePerformance Tune, xHP Stage 2, Inlets, BMS DCI, 7" FMIC, ER CP w/BOV, VRSF meow-less ** w/lower cp upgrade, Vanguard full catback exhaust, KW V2 Coilovers, rear diff strut brace. Wheels stock af.
(#3291)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Coupe M Sport
Default 06-18-2017, 09:38 PM

Will it be possible to use the BB flash to change the commanded engine coolant temperature on my 2011 E92 N55?
I read that this is possible with MHD but I don't have android.
Can commanded temp be changed with JB4?
Any other method for tuning this one function?
I'm really only interested in that one function at this point though the future holds some other tuning enhancements for sure.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J
(#3292)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM

Someone mentioned they were having an issue with the XHP automatic trans flash and the BEF maps? If they've adjusted the line pressure directly you may need to put the "Torque Eff Divisor" back to the factory profile for things to run normally...

Burger Motorsports

(#3293)
Old

Car: E82 135i N54
Default 06-20-2017, 02:48 AM

Hi Terry, whats the general concensus when running stock turbos (upto 20-21psi) on E45 fuel. Is E85 BEF or Race BEF preferred? Thanks
(#3294)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2017, 08:24 AM

E85 BEF for E40 and above...

Burger Motorsports

(#3295)
Old

Car: E82 135i N54
Default 06-20-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
E85 BEF for E40 and above...
Thanks Terry. What would be required to justify the Race BEF?
(#3296)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 06-20-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totti
Meth or race gas

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#3297)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totti
It's just a higher advance version of the PUMP file. WMI, good 93 octane, race gas mix, E85 mix, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#3298)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default E85 or HYBRID E85 bef? - 06-22-2017, 05:50 PM

I am getting GC lites. I have catted aftermarket ** (CP-E), fuel-it stage 2 lpfp, but no PI. As DD will target max 20 psi with E50.

What's a better fit, E85 or hybrid E85 bef? With my fueling setup and moderate power goals, I'm leaning towards the standard E85 bef. Had good experience on stock turbos until they wore out What are the considerations?

Thanks

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#3299)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2017, 05:52 PM

I'd run the hybrid E85, to start.

Burger Motorsports

(#3300)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 06-23-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanya0971
Hello, help me please)
I have jb4 isog5, and I also want to flash mhd backend..
But have some problem during flashing "Failed to write section paket 761"...
N54 e92 335, 81 engine version, 2008.04
The most common issues for random failing flashes are lack of current or unreliable KDcan cables.

For the current supply:
- let the battery charge fully first and leave the charger on
- if the charger is less than 10 amperes, remove the fuel pump fuse it's easy: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=10
- alternatively, bridge the car to another running engine

Make sure ignition is fully on (insert key, press the start button without touching the brakes until the dashboard displays the actual fuel level) .

If that stills fails, it's often due to a bad KDcan cable. See page 5 of the user manual for recommended cables per country
http://www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide