N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default E40 mix on 1.6t...lean afr on tip in normal no - 09-14-2020, 05:15 PM

Noticed I get lean afr reading on initial throttle tip in, but goes into a normal range after. I don't thinks it's a problem. I never noticed when running straight 94 pump gas. Can I up my ethanol mix to say e50?? And still getting those
crappy throttle cuts and no load values were logged for some reason. Just looking for a second opinion. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv E40_3rd_meth60_map2.csv (7.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv E40_3rd_meth60_map3.csv (7.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv E40_3rd_meth60_map4.csv (6.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv E40_3rd_meth60_map5.csv (6.5 KB, 6 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 09-16-2020, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Ripper
Noticed I get lean afr reading on initial throttle tip in, but goes into a normal range after. I don't thinks it's a problem. I never noticed when running straight 94 pump gas. Can I up my ethanol mix to say e50?? And still getting those
crappy throttle cuts and no load values were logged for some reason. Just looking for a second opinion. Thanks
I was curious so I took a look at Map 2 and Map 5 logs. Air Fuel Ratio looks good. Direct Injection engines; 13.5 isn't lean like it is on a port injected car, no worries.

As load goes up AFR goes down and levels out at 12.0 which is fine since you have WMI as well.

Timing looks good 13.5 right before fuel cut and climbing. Moving the rev limiter out to 7,000 should see more ignition advance. A 4th gear pull should be an attention getter.

Throttle closure: Wheel spin? Clutch slip with the DCT?
(#3)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
I was curious so I took a look at Map 2 and Map 5 logs. Air Fuel Ratio looks good. Direct Injection engines; 13.5 isn't lean like it is on a port injected car, no worries.

As load goes up AFR goes down and levels out at 12.0 which is fine since you have WMI as well.

Timing looks good 13.5 right before fuel cut and climbing. Moving the rev limiter out to 7,000 should see more ignition advance. A 4th gear pull should be an attention getter.

Throttle closure: Wheel spin? Clutch slip with the DCT?
Thanks for your input!

I don't think it's wheel spin or clutch slip. From time to time the power will feel wavy if I go Wot at lower rpms in the higher gears(3,4,5 etc). But it doesn't do it if I start in first and let it wind out every gear. I'm still guessing it must be a load based protection thing for the transmission. Super Annoying! Thankful it doesn't do it often.

How do I raise the Rev limiter? And how will I know If have added too much e85
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 10:01 AM

Seems fine to me. Log says meth but I presume you meant ethanol?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Seems fine to me. Log says meth but I presume you meant ethanol?
So I mixed 5 liters e85 to 13 liters of 94octane too make(e40). And I mixed my methanol injection to %60 methanol.. I am going to increase my WMI to %80 methanol and bump the e40 up to e50. What will I see in the logs if I am running too much e85?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 04:09 PM

Possibly fuel pressure unable to keep up, rough starting on cold mornings, etc, with too high of an E85 mix.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Possibly fuel pressure unable to keep up, rough starting on cold mornings, etc, with too high of an E85 mix.
So when fph starts too drop I have gone too far.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2020, 01:31 PM

That's one indicator, yes.

Burger Motorsports