N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 135i
Default JB4 Rev 4 Bluetooth install question - which red wire? - 06-21-2019, 11:20 AM

Hi everyone. First post as a new member here. Used to be on way way back in the day with my 2008 335i and just recently rejoined the ranks with my 2012 135i.

I just purchased a JB4 Rev 4 (as indicated on the PCB itself) and I am about to install the Bluetooth connector. I'm bench installing it before doing the JB4 install itself.

Because the power source is now integrated and not a separate wire, Iím uncertain of which of the 3 red wires in the loom I should tap for the 5v source for the Bluetooth module. It used to be that there were just 2 red wires in the loom and 1 red wire used to source power from the 50a fuse.

Now the loom has all 3 red wires integrated. Can anyone tell me which of the 3 red wires is good to tap? Or is there another preferred way to source power for the rev 4 unit?

This is being installed on a 2012 135i. It was purchased 3 weeks ago and appears to be the correct unit for my car. I verified that I need the Type B connector for my application. The only thing I'm hung up on right now is where to source power for the Bluetooth

Thanks!