N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default Current Bug List - 03-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Hey guys, I want to start compiling a list of of bugs you all currently see in JB4 Mobile so I can get a centralized list of things I need to fix.

Android build A262 is rolling out currently so please update to that first to see if the bug you've experienced has been fixed.

I'm going to go ahead and release iOS build 8553 so that should be available in the next 2-3 days. If you want to try it now the beta can be found here:

iOS - JB4 Mobile Beta

Android - JB4 Mobile Beta

Comment the bugs you all see most and I'll add them to this list.

Bugs:
Android - Strange behavior after background the app on 9.0 devices.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default Video of my issue (2 mins via YouTube) - 03-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Jb4 android issues - data corrupted? - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Hey guys, I want to start compiling a list of of bugs you all currently see in JB4 Mobile so I can get a centralized list of things I need to fix.

Android build A262 is rolling out currently so please update to that first to see if the bug you've experienced has been fixed.

I'm going to go ahead and release iOS build 8553 so that should be available in the next 2-3 days. If you want to try it now the beta can be found here:

iOS - JB4 Mobile Beta

Android - JB4 Mobile Beta

Comment the bugs you all see most and I'll add them to this list.

Bugs:
Android - Strange behavior after background the app on 9.0 devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#3)
Old

Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM

RadarContact I can confirm that Im receive same message today on my Samsung S6 wia BT when Im testing AndroidAuto and Im think that reason is my "Tasker" and didn't wory about it. Im click NO and after next app start I didn't receive that message. But I didn't check which settings are now in user adjustment...
(#4)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 03-11-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
RadarContact I can confirm that Im receive same message today on my Samsung S6 wia BT when Im testing AndroidAuto and Im think that reason is my "Tasker" and didn't wory about it. Im click NO and after next app start I didn't receive that message. But I didn't check which settings are now in user adjustment...
I get it every time, regardless of which “answer” I choose.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#5)
Old
Legend

Default 03-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
That means some User Adj. parameter is changing that the app wasn't expecting. We can diagnose this.

Connect in the JB4 Mobile
Hit 'No' on that message
Get screenshots of all your User Adj settings
Save your User Adj settings
Do you get any errors here?

Disconnect in JB4 Mobile.
Connect again.
If the message appears again, get another set of screenshots of your User Adj settings.

Email me these screenshots (support3@jb4connectkit.com) and try to keep them separated so I can tell which screenshots go with your first set and which go with the 2nd.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#6)
Old

Car: 2015 Jetta SE
Default 03-17-2019, 03:48 PM

I don't know if this is an issue with the app or with the JB4 itself. It could also be a problem particular to my set up.

I picked up a Radio that runs Android with a nice 9-inch display. I have the app installed to it with its USB port and the JB4 USB cable run to my glovebox.

After much troubleshooting with George trying to get the two to cooperate, I have found that If I turn on the car with the JB4 connected to the radio Something happens that causes the JB4 not to detect the VIN and then "Future Use D" Gets set to "0" When t needs to be "1". After that, the App detects an issue with the Loaded map and asks to change it. In order to get the JB4 to recognize the car correctly again, I have to set "Future use D: to 1 and then turn the car off for 10 minutes, without doing this the JB4 stays set at Future Use D 0 and refuses to read the VIN until you do change it.

The reason I haven't been able to determine if this is a problem with the JB4 or with the app is that if I have the cable plugged in it automatically opens the app when the system boots, and I haven't found a way to stop it.

As long as the USB is disconnected before I start the car I have no problems. Start the car, Buckle up, Open the glovebox and connect the usb, JB4 Mobile opens automatically and connects. For the moment I've come up with a workaround, I'm getting a USB KVM switch with a remote button. I should be able to plug into the 2nd position and after the car starts, push the button instead of opening the glovebox.

It's a beautiful thing.

Glad to see that The app and JB4 are both actively worked on to make them even better than they are!
(#7)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 03-17-2019, 04:07 PM

Still able to data log and read parameters.
But JB4 Mobile can’t read codes anymore.
“Invalid Read. Please try again”

Haven’t changed anything in my setup.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-17-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekans
I don't know if this is an issue with the app or with the JB4 itself. It could also be a problem particular to my set up.

I picked up a Radio that runs Android with a nice 9-inch display. I have the app installed to it with its USB port and the JB4 USB cable run to my glovebox.

After much troubleshooting with George trying to get the two to cooperate, I have found that If I turn on the car with the JB4 connected to the radio Something happens that causes the JB4 not to detect the VIN and then "Future Use D" Gets set to "0" When t needs to be "1". After that, the App detects an issue with the Loaded map and asks to change it. In order to get the JB4 to recognize the car correctly again, I have to set "Future use D: to 1 and then turn the car off for 10 minutes, without doing this the JB4 stays set at Future Use D 0 and refuses to read the VIN until you do change it.

The reason I haven't been able to determine if this is a problem with the JB4 or with the app is that if I have the cable plugged in it automatically opens the app when the system boots, and I haven't found a way to stop it.

As long as the USB is disconnected before I start the car I have no problems. Start the car, Buckle up, Open the glovebox and connect the usb, JB4 Mobile opens automatically and connects. For the moment I've come up with a workaround, I'm getting a USB KVM switch with a remote button. I should be able to plug into the 2nd position and after the car starts, push the button instead of opening the glovebox.

It's a beautiful thing.

Glad to see that The app and JB4 are both actively worked on to make them even better than they are!

Hi can you elaborate on where you got the apk for JB4 connect? Or did you download it through the play store?

For me to install on my HU, I've enabled developer tools and 3rd party apps

Thanks in advance
(#9)
Old

Car: 2015 Jetta SE
Default 03-18-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgklim
Hi can you elaborate on where you got the apk for JB4 connect? Or did you download it through the play store?

For me to install on my HU, I've enabled developer tools and 3rd party apps

Thanks in advance
Got it through the playstore. Bought it on my phone and then hooked up wifi and downloaded it to the head unit.
(#10)
Old
Legend

Default 03-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekans

It's a beautiful thing.

This sounds like a ground issue between the tablet and the serial cable causing some data corruption on startup. See if it happens on another device or with the laptop app. Another option would be to avoid the cable and use the Connect Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntotah94
Still able to data log and read parameters.
But JB4 Mobile can’t read codes anymore.
“Invalid Read. Please try again”

Haven’t changed anything in my setup.
'Invalid Read' Bug in iOS Version 2.3.7

(#11)
Old

Car: 335i 2009 DKG
Default 03-22-2019, 12:16 PM

Hi guys !

I have a issue with my fuel it ethanol analyser is stuck at 102, is worked perfectly before.

I have fuel it platinium PI kit.

it is possible that it comes from JB4 mobile application ?

Thank's in advance for your help.
(#12)
Old
FS

Car: BMW E93 N54 2009
Default JB4 not writing logs - 03-30-2019, 01:58 AM

Hi JB4 Mobile, I just bought a Samsung S10+. The bluetooth log works fine, as do the gauges. It says it is logging, and that it is then writing logs, but no log files show in the Logs tab. I've checked the app permissions, and they all seem correct too. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app too. Please advise?

#UPDATE = working now on latest version

Last edited by Dagumpf; 03-31-2019 at 07:00 AM..
(#13)
Old

Car: E88
Default Same here - 04-26-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
I've been getting these same issues as well '11 N55 BMW

settings corrupt
write them again
state for display requires selection off and back
Then a disconnect and reconnect is required