N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default Who has gone from N54 to B58? - 08-31-2018, 06:18 AM

My trusty 135i is getting into high mileage and I either need to do a major refresh or move on to something new. From time to time I've been looking at M240's as a possible replacement, but I've never been too blown away. Has anyone made a similar move? How did you like the move from E to F chassis and to the new engine?

Reading some of the threads, it seems like B58 tuning has had some growing pains. They did finally crack the DME, but it hasn't had the big effect I expected. What is your experiences so far? How does the performance and tuning process compare?

Thanks
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 08-31-2018, 08:30 AM

I went from N54, to F-series N55 to F-series B58.

Honestly, unless you're chasing big power I feel that the B58 equipped F-series cars are better in pretty much every way, except for steering feel...which given the swap from hydraulic to electric is expected.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 09:29 AM

I switch between all the platforms regularly. For normal driving I prefer the F chassis, and the B58 in particular. But for racing around, the E chassis still holds my heart. The steering is tighter and you have more road feel.

The 2 series is my favorite F chassis as it's the closest to our E 135s which I really love. I think net/net you'll love it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 08-31-2018, 01:01 PM

I'm a big fan of the M240. I am actually considering it as a replacement for my own E90 when the time comes, or whatever comparable is out when I am ready. The 240 also has an optional AWD, which I am very curious how well that performs in the 1/4 when you are getting 500+ WHP. Also, I think the 240 provides tremendous value, especially as a drivers car, and not giving you the extra doodads that you get with the 3 or 4 series.

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#5)
Old

Default 08-31-2018, 01:10 PM

Had an E92 335i dct and loved that car, sold it in 2011. Wanted a 240i but with two kids not the most pratical car, so ended up with a 340i mppsk! Love the car, engine, sound and looks, hate the interior creaks...
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 230i xDrive
Default 09-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Went from a E92 N54 (that was FBO) to a F22 B48 .. Does that count ?

'18 230i xDrive // Black Met // Coral Red // M-Sport // 719M Black // BM3 // BMS Intake // BMS OCC // Dinan Axleback // Roof Rack // 365 days of fun