N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 2018 Civic Si
Default 03-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Didn't get a chance to try higher boost levels on this one today, maybe down the road. Owner is happy with ~240whp.
Fair!

Hopefully I'll get some dyno pulls done in the next couple of months... I'd like to think that I have the highest powered, non-flashed CivicX.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#202)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 03:49 PM

lol you very well might have! Unless TypeR counts as CivicX?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#203)
Old

Default 03-11-2019, 04:35 PM

It does, lol.

Guess we should clarify highest powered non-flashed 1.5 CivicX, haha.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#204)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Video and lots from today's dyno fun.
Awesome! Great run!
(#205)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 03-14-2019, 09:27 AM

Quick logs in 33c heat, 95 ron fuel no additives.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 10_06_20 Map-1.csv (7.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 10_08_26 Map-1.csv (9.3 KB, 50 views)
(#206)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurus
Quick logs in 33c heat, 95 ron fuel no additives.
Looks good to me, map2 next!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#207)
Old

Default 03-14-2019, 01:19 PM

Map2, 27c

I noticed that in map 2 in cruise control and the user setting 7 is off it feels like it is surging a bit between 40 and 55 mph, other speeds are fine.

Dumb question, have you tried to fit the BMS intake to a CRV yet?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 18_36_16 Map-2.csv (9.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 19_03_02 Map-2.csv (9.4 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Accurus; 03-14-2019 at 04:18 PM..
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 04:17 PM

I believe it uses our Si version intake. We'll have those in stock soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 10:34 AM

reup logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 18_36_16 Map-2.csv (9.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 19_03_02 Map-2.csv (9.4 KB, 44 views)
(#210)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 10:53 AM

Terry, could we change the hot/cold protection from 170 down to about 150-60?

(#211)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinist
Terry, could we change the hot/cold protection from 170 down to about 150-60?
We could but what would be the reasoning? You don't want to beat on a cold engine. Oil is thick and doesn't lubricate turbo and bearings as well, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurus
reup logs
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM

So set map 6 to 4.5 psi?
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 11:25 AM

Let's log map3 next.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
We could but what would be the reasoning? You don't want to beat on a cold engine. Oil is thick and doesn't lubricate turbo and bearings as well, etc.
5w30 is pretty liquid and gets moving within a few seconds of start-up. When it has been really cold here, there have been some times where I've been driving for quite a while, and my temps are still hovering in the 150-60 range, just because of ambient. The engine is plenty warmed up at that point, so I'd hate to not be making the power I could be making just because of 10 degrees.

(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM

There is a FUD option to disable the warmup safety if you're so inclined, fud.2 on. Looks like min setting for adding boost is set for 160f currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 05:51 PM

didn't do wot but better than nothing
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-15 19_05_44 Map-3.csv (7.5 KB, 25 views)
(#218)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-15-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinist
5w30 is pretty liquid and gets moving within a few seconds of start-up. When it has been really cold here, there have been some times where I've been driving for quite a while, and my temps are still hovering in the 150-60 range, just because of ambient. The engine is plenty warmed up at that point, so I'd hate to not be making the power I could be making just because of 10 degrees.
Should be 0w-20 not 5w-30.

| ProCharged C6 Z06 | Civic-X Si | F30 330i |
(#219)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseN54
Depends on temp, in hot climates 5w-30 is fine, or if your running hard alot 10w-30 if its warm, in latin america and Australia 5w-30 and 10w-30 are the recommended oils. nothing thicker than a 30 tho

Last edited by Accurus; 03-15-2019 at 06:42 PM..
(#220)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseN54
You're fully correct; just not used to typing a "0" for oil so I second guessed myself, haha.

(For the record I'm past my first oil change, which I did myself, and I am indeed running 0 weight.)

Last edited by Odinist; 03-15-2019 at 06:47 PM..
(#221)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
There is a FUD option to disable the warmup safety if you're so inclined, fud.2 on. Looks like min setting for adding boost is set for 160f currently.
I don't want to fully turn it off, but if it's set to 160 instead of the 170 stated in the OP, then you can disregard my request, haha. :D

Also, while we're talking about the FUDs, can you explain a bit more about 7? Like, for instance, on the nights that I happen to run Mexico Map Siete, will it benefit me to have the more aggressive mapping turned on? I need to know by tomorrow. For science. ;-)

(#222)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 08:19 PM

It's actually set to 160f.

The pedal mapping would only effect low pedal input, like half throttle. Not an issue for racing with gas pedal fully pushed. But some prefer a non-linear pedal input and that gives those who do the option.

Burger Motorsports

(#223)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
Default 03-17-2019, 07:30 AM

Just ordered one with the BT kit for my 1.5T Accord. Can't wait!

2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#224)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 10:39 AM

Awesome! You're going to love it.

Burger Motorsports

(#225)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
Default 03-17-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Awesome! You're going to love it.
Ive been running 93 since I got the car and prob won’t go over stage 1. Do you guys want logs? Only aftermarket part is a stage 1 intake from PRL.

2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels