N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 02-02-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry
Hi, im a long time reader of this forum but first time posting
Have a little question for you guys, currently have mhd + map2 and jb4.
I wonder if i want to swich between mhd map2 and jb4 its possible whitout removing the jb4? Like put jb4 map0, unplug obd2 and stay mhd only? Thanks in advance!
For ewg map 0. For pwg map 0 and boost solenoid returned to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Can Speed limiter removal be done without flashing a BEF? if one wanted just that feature and no actually BEF tuning changes? ( just using the jb4 for tuning if we are happy with that)
There is no reason not to use a BEF if you get a flasher license.
But, yes it's doable, and later as flash options will be implemented for all maps, you'll be able to use MHD stage 0 (oem map) with open speed limiter, burble settings etc.
(#252)
Old

Car: 135i coupe'
Default 02-02-2018, 04:45 AM

Hey Terry,

I have a customer's 435i with an EWG PS2 turbo and Meth' injection that I want to run a back-end-flash on, what's the email address I need to hit you up at to obtain a starting flash please?

Cheers,

Justin.
(#253)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 02-02-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
For ewg map 0. For pwg map 0 and boost solenoid returned to stock.
I wanted to try switching between MHD OTS map and JB4 + BEF but came across a post from another forum indicating that JB4 needed to be completely off, not just set to Map 0, since it still manipulates load etc. And that it may affect MHD running OTS map since it's reading sensor values that are basically thru JB4's harness.

I'm interested in having my car dynoed using both setup and wanted to make sure that the result would be valid and fair. The purpose is just for reference (taking one for the team) rather that really trying to directly compare or squeeze every HP on stock turbo.

2014 435i EWG N55 - BMS Intake - VRSF CP & 5'' HD FMIC - 4'' CLess DnPp - JB4 - E30

Last edited by PSIcho; 02-02-2018 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: grammar
(#254)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIcho
I wanted to try switching between MHD OTS map and JB4 + BEF but came across a post from another forum indicating that JB4 needed to be completely off, not just set to Map 0, since it still manipulates load etc. And that it may affect MHD running OTS map since it's reading sensor values that are basically thru JB4's harness.

I'm interested in having my car dynoed using both setup and wanted to make sure that the result would be valid and fair. The purpose is just for reference (taking one for the team) rather that really trying to directly compare or squeeze every HP on stock turbo.
As long as the JB4 is set to map0 it has no effect in the EWG applications. PWG applications are another story.

Dyno at this point is a waste of time, unless you are custom tuning your car, as maps and tuning techniques are changing by the hour and day as more tables are explored. And the actual performance just depends on how aggressively the maps are setup. We've left our BEF maps set very conservatively on the timing end for example until we fully study MBT at various boost levels and fuels on the platform.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#255)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 02-02-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
As long as the JB4 is set to map0 it has no effect in the EWG applications. PWG applications are another story.

Dyno at this point is a waste of time, unless you are custom tuning your car, as maps and tuning techniques are changing by the hour and day as more tables are explored. And the actual performance just depends on how aggressively the maps are setup. We've left our BEF maps set very conservatively on the timing end for example until we fully study MBT at various boost levels and fuels on the platform.

Gotcha, will hold off on the dyno then. I was just curious to see how it differs from my pre BEF dyno as well. Having mod most cars I owed, this time i wanna track the differences each change along the way, eventually all the way thru to PI and big turbo route.

Btw, just wanna add (not that members here already know) that @Terry support have always been exceptional and would always support him and his products.

2014 435i EWG N55 - BMS Intake - VRSF CP & 5'' HD FMIC - 4'' CLess DnPp - JB4 - E30
(#256)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 02-04-2018, 02:31 PM

@yoandry - have you noticed a more linear throttle since the BEF? As in, all the boost coming on progressively instead of all at once, that can often happen with JB4 alone.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#257)
Old

Car: 2015 M3 F80
Default 02-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Can anyone please share some whp dyno figures on their S55 along with their upgrades, with some of the latest MHD flashes? Curious to know how far we've come so far in these early stages.
(#258)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Other than the dynos we've posted I don't think any other S55s one have been done. Still too new.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#259)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 02-06-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
@yoandry - have you noticed a more linear throttle since the BEF? As in, all the boost coming on progressively instead of all at once, that can often happen with JB4 alone.
Yes, throttle is more linear and responsive. Boost still in progress, no matter what you do, you will get all that overboost at wot, pwg life I guess.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#260)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-06-2018, 05:46 PM

F10 N55 PWG, needs JB4 ISO to run a BEF correct? Non iso cant run BEF?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#261)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2018, 06:48 PM

For the BEF we're only supporting ISO.

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 02-07-2018, 04:15 AM

Hi,

is there any BEF for the M3 F80 ZCP with 95OCT/102RON?

Babyjoe

BMW M3 F80 ZCP
(#263)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 02-07-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the BEF we're only supporting ISO.
My car is F series N55 PWG running ISO firmware (diode on JB4 board is cut) and I am trying to confirm that when going MHD BEF+Jb4 (after beta most likely) will I need to repair the diode connection and flash back back to non-ISO firmware? Or does this statement mean that I am fine?

2013 335i F30 N55 PWG | JB4 + MHD BEF + xHP Stg3 | Pure Stage 2 + FBO | BMS PI controller + Meth | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
(#264)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchtragedy
My car is F series N55 PWG running ISO firmware (diode on JB4 board is cut) and I am trying to confirm that when going MHD BEF+Jb4 (after beta most likely) will I need to repair the diode connection and flash back back to non-ISO firmware? Or does this statement mean that I am fine?
Diode stays out and will be for everyone to do in the future.

With your ps2 + meth, what psi you are running? The lpfp is just to run more e85?

I'm testing mhd bef + jb4 with PS2/93 @14-15psi stock fuel then want to get meth to run like 18-20psi. Will the lpfp be needed also? Thanks

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#265)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 02-07-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
Diode stays out and will be for everyone to do in the future.

With your ps2 + meth, what psi you are running? The lpfp is just to run more e85?

I'm testing mhd bef + jb4 with PS2/93 @14-15psi stock fuel then want to get meth to run like 18-20psi. Will the lpfp be needed also? Thanks
I was stable up to about 20 psi with PS2 and FBO and meth. This was on the BMS meth kit and dual CM10 nozzles. I do have the Fuel-it PI kit with 750cc injectors and meth adapter and planned to replace the charge pipe injection setup I am running now. I knew MHD for F series was coming in 2018 so buying the LPFP and PI meth system was done in anticipation of that.

2013 335i F30 N55 PWG | JB4 + MHD BEF + xHP Stg3 | Pure Stage 2 + FBO | BMS PI controller + Meth | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
(#266)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchtragedy
I was stable up to about 20 psi with PS2 and FBO and meth. This was on the BMS meth kit and dual CM10 nozzles. I do have the Fuel-it PI kit with 750cc injectors and meth adapter and planned to replace the charge pipe injection setup I am running now. I knew MHD for F series was coming in 2018 so buying the LPFP and PI meth system was done in anticipation of that.
Got you. I think my line for more power will be with just meth kit @ no more than 20psi. This is my DD so thats enough power for me I guess. lol

So, lpfp is actually need it if going for PI or want to run more than e40.
How much difference in power and feel going from just meth to PI on PS2?

(#267)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 02-07-2018, 06:33 PM

Does jb4 have to be uninstalled or just the obd2 port for flash?

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#268)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
Does jb4 have to be uninstalled or just the obd2 port for flash?
Just obd2

(#269)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Just obd2
Now would this all be done in accessory mode? Would it be bad to turn the car on with that unplugged as the ecu wouldn't be seeing any of those sensors that are not connected?

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#270)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
Now would this all be done in accessory mode? Would it be bad to turn the car on with that unplugged as the ecu wouldn't be seeing any of those sensors that are not connected?
I meant Flash as Bef with jb4. So, ignition on, unplug jb4 obd2, connect MHD ob2, flash stage 0, backup activation file, connect jb4 obd2 back. Then send the flash file to Terry to create the bef. You can still drive your car as normal with stage 0. Everything is on page one.

(#271)
Old

Default 02-07-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I meant Flash as Bef with jb4. So, ignition on, unplug jb4 obd2, connect MHD ob2, flash stage 0, backup activation file, connect jb4 obd2 back. Then send the flash file to Terry to create the bef. You can still drive your car as normal with stage 0. Everything is on page one.
Got it, I just wasn't sure if it was uninstall completely or unplug. Thank you for the clarification.

(#272)
Old

Default 02-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Any way to get JB4 to "log" while in the background? I cannot use my Dragy to record performance and watch my JB4 gauges at the same time. Neither will work while in the background. Only alternative seems like I need to have a second Android device in the car....
(#273)
Old

Default 02-09-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
JB4 logs just fine in the bagground for me running e.g. PerfExpert. Have not done this for some time though so might be a revision issue - or Dragy causing issues.

Try to post here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

When I put Dragy up, my JB4 will not log. When I have my JB4 up, the Dragy will not record my performance. I may need a second Android device. Haha!
(#274)
Old

Default 02-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1J
When I put Dragy up, my JB4 will not log. When I have my JB4 up, the Dragy will not record my performance. I may need a second Android device. Haha!
Doesn't dragy use Bluetooth too? How you going to connect 2 bt devices, jb4 and dragy to one phone, ain't gonna happen.

(#275)
Old

Default 02-09-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Doesn't dragy use Bluetooth too? How you going to connect 2 bt devices, jb4 and dragy to one phone, ain't gonna happen.
As far as I know, I'm connected to my JB4, Dragy, and my Car's BT. All at the same time.