N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 11E71 x6. 01 E46 330
Default E71 N63 Jb4 options - 06-24-2019, 12:45 PM

As the title states I want to purchase BMS JB4 but as I have been doing the research. Most kits are listed for F bodies nothing specific to E71 n63 non TU. Any help ?possibilities/ options I’ve found I would like to do jb4 but then there is stage 1or 2 harness a then b. Listed for F bodies
(#2)
Old
BMW F80/E71 N63

Car: 2012 BMW X6 50I N63
Default 08-10-2019, 12:19 PM

I’m afraid to be the bearer of bad news but I have a set up with pure turbos and meth and is a real headache. I have a full backend flash and will tell you right now that a JB4 on this platform is a real waste of time and money as it doesn’t play well with a full flash. Save yourself alot of money and time experimenting and do a full ecu flash with a separate meth controller and if that is not enough for you (like me) patiently wait for a TCU FLASH from XHP to be released “later” this year cause the transmission will need tuning for higher torque parameters, because it WILL put the car in limp mode after 18-19 psi or go with ALPINA TCU flash to get a little more boost. At this point is a dead end on E chasis 8HP70 Tranny. You’ll see many claiming numbers based on F series platform that are simply unlikely or almost impossible with E series. This advise will save u thousands.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 06:59 PM

The JB4 will let you do basic tuning just fine but for larger turbos you'll need to find a good flash map to go with the JB4. JB4 is setup to allow +-3-4psi on your flash. Will also give you logging tools, etc. But due to the various inherent problems with the N63 at higher power levels we only offer very limited tuning support.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
BMW F80/E71 N63

Car: 2012 BMW X6 50I N63
Default 08-10-2019, 07:40 PM

You are right on the money, great product with great features for basic tuning.