N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default *GROUP BUY* VPP-E9X-LL Line Lock - 06-10-2016, 09:54 AM

Ok guys, next announcement and first official VPP product pre-order/group buy is here.

What it is:
The VPP-E9X-LL, which is a Line Lock Kit.

What it fits on:
All e8x and e9x models. Note: If you have a non-OEM or BBK you may need an extra adapter (we will need some volunteers for non-standard testing -email tony@vargasturbo with subject BBK Line Lock Tester if you're interested with all the appropriate info, what you drive, the brakes, etc)

Tech Info:
The VPP-E9X-LL uses TWO lines per side, and secures the solenoid to the frame (using an existing bolt hole location and a self-tapping screw) for durability. Other single-line designs mount the heavy solenoid on the bracket, which is very susceptible to vibration and can crack the hard brake lines.

Both lines use factory style connectors for an OEM style fit and finish.

All lines are 100% USA made Parker “BQ”, which is BrakeQuip, made locally, and each line is individually tested on Parker’s hydraulic test bench.

All adapter fittings are genuine Parker steel fittings designed for lifetime use -no aluminum or brass fittings.

Kit Includes:
2 – VPP Line lock solenoids
4 – VPP BQ custom brake lines (choice of color)
4 – Parker steel fittings
2 – self-tapping screws
1 – Safety Rocker Switch (choice of color)

What color options are there?
Lines will be available in blue, red, smoke grey, or clear. The toggle safety switch (no pics yet) will be available with safety covers in red, carbon fiber look, or clear.

What is the normal cost going to be?
$399 retail + shipping.

What is the pre-order (intro) price going to be?
Pre-order price is $359 + shipping.

What are the Pre-Order Details?
As you know, pre-order means you (usually) get a discount in exchange for waiting longer than normal for what will soon be an off-the-shelf product. The pre-order pricing is good through June 30. Wait until July 1 and it’s going to be $399 again. We expect to start shipping by mid-July.

I’m not happy enough with just a good pre-order price. What about a pre-order group buy?
Group buy will open today, 6/10/2016 and be closed at the end of the day Jun 30. If we get 10 or more people interested, group buy pricing will be $329 + shipping.

Minimum 10 buyers
Domestic: $329 + $25 shipping
International: $329 + $75 shipping

Put your name in the thread and email Sales@vargasturbo.com with the words “Line Lock Group Buy n54tech” in the subject, if those words are not in the subject you will not be contacted for payment. In the body please include your paypal email address, or if you want to pay via CC over the phone that’s an option as well -state it in the body.

Once contacted with either a return email or paypal invoice, you have 24 hours to make payment in full or you’ll be bumped from the list.
Attached Images

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 335i convertible
Default 06-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Looks Good. I wish this was available before I bought my AR Design kit from ECS Tuning.
Came months & many emails after I ordered it. And then I had to find fittings too make it
work, plus the brake lines didnt fit & had the wrong ends. I got ripped off for $399.00 but I needed it for the track ASAP, so I ate it. Your kits isolation of the solenoids is definitely better.

2008 BMW 335i Convertible
ADE Bottom Mount 6062 Single
VRSF Charge Pipe & 7in intercooler Tial BOV,
Ign Project Plasma Coils & grounds
Robs High & low side Catch Cans with
head plugs.
Diff Brace, Fuel it stage 2 & Meth Port Injection
Aquamist HSF-4 Meth injection
Alpina Flash
BMW PE Mufflers
MDH Flash
Line lock & 16in Drag Radials

11.7 ET, 1.8 60ft, 122mph
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 06-10-2016, 11:50 AM

Newbie here, what is this? :-)

09 E93 335i | Platinum Bronze | FBO AR Design Race*****DP: Stepped FMIC:ER CP: Turbosmart Kompact DVs | 4Bar| MMP Sil Inlets | Custom dual K&N Intake | NGK Iridium 5992 | BMS OCC | RB PCV | Fuel-It S2 LPFP | JB4G5: MHD S2 93, SPXXX E60 OMG Map | Alpina B3 | MFactory 3.46 LSD | 135locktop Dif. Lockdown | Koni FSD | Custom Exhaust: 2nd HiPerf*****+ 2nd o2 relo+ xbrace+ race muffs+twin 4"TiTips | Custom Coding | Super Cool Wife
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 06-10-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k8535i
Extensive mod list in your signature and you do not know what this is? Nice!
(#5)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
1 – Safety Rocker Switch (choice of color)
Need photos from the switch itself and planned location for install.
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 06-10-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
Extensive mod list in your signature and you do not know what this is? Nice!
Did you read his extensive mod list??

It's a line lock kit for the front brakes. You pull in to the water, get your rears wet, pull forward a little, hit that little puppy and smoke em til they're hot n sticky!! Fronts lock rears burn!!! It's for racing or cool burnout scenarios!
(#7)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker
Mainly this caught my eye "Most important - Hot Blonde Wife"
(#8)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-10-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k8535i
As someone else already mentioned, a line lock kit lets you engage your front brakes only to do a burnout and heat up the rear tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
Need photos from the switch itself and planned location for install.
The switch can be mounted anywhere you'd like -the actual mounting part is up to you. I'll get a photo of the switch soon.

You guys have a great weekend!

Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#9)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 06-10-2016, 06:45 PM

It's $25 expensive for shipping? That seems really high for what should be a really little box.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 07:11 PM

If you don't mind me asking, why is this kit $400 when the solenoids are $45 each on summit and ss brake kit is $100?

Houston, TX
Jet Black 2011 335i Sport 6MT:

Mods:
BMS Intake, JB4 Iso, BMS E85 BEF, CPe Chargepipe, ETS 5", Megan Racing turbo outlet, BMS OCC, SS Brake Lines, BMS CDV, MFactory LSD + mounts, 335is clutch, MFactory SMFW, 650i finned diff cover, Pure Inlet, Fuel-it Stg2 LPFP + Plat TBI, E46 Trans mounts, Turner Pedals, Mishimoto wheel lugs, Turner 10mm spacers, Msport Interior, M3 armrest, M3 Control arms, EvoRaceWerks F30 TIC pipe
(#11)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 06-11-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedsblue0023
If you don't mind me asking, why is this kit $400 when the solenoids are $45 each on summit and ss brake kit is $100?
that's how companies make money.

It's only stupid if people don't buy.

335- stock
(#12)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-11-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90gone
It's $25 expensive for shipping? That seems really high for what should be a really little box.
All just part of the total. Add $25 to the product price and you get free shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedsblue0023
Well, there is more to it than that. First of all, the actual hardware costs more, secondly, testing it and putting the kit together takes time and effort, finally, providing support/etc. takes time, effort, and money. You buy this kit, wire it up and you're done, no extra thought required.

That said -as in most applications if you want to do the work yourself, you'll likely be able to save a few bucks. Nearly all products that aren't on a Walmart scale of production are like that -build your own speakers cheaper than you could buy a comparable set, do your own wrenching cheaper than you could pay a mechanic to do the same thing, etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky92
that's how companies make money.

It's only stupid if people don't buy.
Pretty much nailed it.

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#13)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 06-11-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
All just part of the total. Add $25 to the product price and you get free shipping!
Why don't I just send you a shipping label and you can take that $25 off of the price. Paying $25 is insane for a kit that would fit inside of a tissue box or just be truthful about the total price. Making money on shipping isn't right!
(#14)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-11-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Why don't I just send you a shipping label and you can take that $25 off of the price. Paying $25 is insane for a kit that would fit inside of a tissue box or just be truthful about the total price. Making money on shipping isn't right!
I understand that you don't like the shipping charges. I'll bring it up in a discussion with Tony and see what we can do. If any changes occur, I'll make sure to update this post.

The lines won't fit in the small flat rate box but regardless of the split, if the total price is unacceptable to you there are DIY options as well as some competing products which you may find more to your liking.

Thanks!

www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 06-11-2016 at 08:53 PM..
(#15)
Old

Default 06-11-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
USPS small box is $7. All of this should fit in there. If not medium box which is $13 so $25 is almost double.
(#16)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 06-11-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker

It's a line lock kit for the front brakes. You pull in to the water, get your rears wet, pull forward a little, hit that little puppy and smoke em til they're hot n sticky!! Fronts lock rears burn!!! It's for racing or cool burnout scenarios!
Thanks for the info. Cool stuff.

09 E93 335i | Platinum Bronze | FBO AR Design Race*****DP: Stepped FMIC:ER CP: Turbosmart Kompact DVs | 4Bar| MMP Sil Inlets | Custom dual K&N Intake | NGK Iridium 5992 | BMS OCC | RB PCV | Fuel-It S2 LPFP | JB4G5: MHD S2 93, SPXXX E60 OMG Map | Alpina B3 | MFactory 3.46 LSD | 135locktop Dif. Lockdown | Koni FSD | Custom Exhaust: 2nd HiPerf*****+ 2nd o2 relo+ xbrace+ race muffs+twin 4"TiTips | Custom Coding | Super Cool Wife
(#17)
Old

Car: porsche996 turbo
Default 06-12-2016, 04:27 AM

heres a sideways question for you. my n54 buddy sent this to me. i have a 996 turbo porsche and wonder if the fittings for the brembo calipers and the hard lines from the body are the same. if they are how about a discount for prototyping this on my car?

put me on the list
(#18)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
heres a sideways question for you. my n54 buddy sent this to me. i have a 996 turbo porsche and wonder if the fittings for the brembo calipers and the hard lines from the body are the same. if they are how about a discount for prototyping this on my car?

put me on the list
That may be an option -shoot an email to tony@vargasturbo.com and give him all the details -I'll shoot him a line also to let him know it's coming. Be advised though, he's going on vacation for a week so responses back may be delayed.

Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#19)
Old

Default 06-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
That may be an option -shoot an email to tony@vargasturbo.com and give him all the details -I'll shoot him a line also to let him know it's coming. Be advised though, he's going on vacation for a week so responses back may be delayed.

Chris
emailed sales they didnt seem interested. if you can get a fitting from the hard line to the solenoid and a flex line ill try them and see if the fittings are the same. i have solenoids to work with already as i was planning on building my own
(#20)
Old

Car: 2008 e92
Default 06-13-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
What a ****ty answer to a customer's question. I can't wait until VRSF comes out with this exact same kit and I can buy from them.
(#21)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-13-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleb
What a ****ty answer to a customer's question. I can't wait until VRSF comes out with this exact same kit and I can buy from them.
Sorry you feel that way.

As stated above, I brought the shipping concerns up with Tony and when he gets back in the office we'll see what adjustments can be made. I'll update the threads with that info when we do that.

Thanks,
Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#22)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-13-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
emailed sales they didnt seem interested. if you can get a fitting from the hard line to the solenoid and a flex line ill try them and see if the fittings are the same. i have solenoids to work with already as i was planning on building my own
Shoot me an email with specifics and we can take this offline.

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#23)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 06-13-2016, 11:30 PM

any chance this will work for the e60s?
(#24)
Old

Default 06-14-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnvu
any chance this will work for the e60s?
It will work on any BMW and a lot of other make and models. There is nothing about this that makes is e60 specific.
(#25)
Old

Default 06-14-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Shoot me an email with specifics and we can take this offline.
email sent. awaiting reply