N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
boost82 boost82 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 115
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: M235i
Default m235i Aquamist hfs-4 install - 07-05-2015, 06:54 PM

Just wanted to post up some pics and get some feedback of the install. I am still waiting on a 2.3 gallon trunk mount tank that I bought from coolingmist. As soon as it gets here I'll be up and running!!! Gonna run 7 jets, possibly 8 if I have too. (6) .4mm check valve jets for each intake runner and (1) .6mm check valve jet in the ER charge pipe. I may add another in the charge pipe if necessary but I doubt I will have too. Maybe when I get the stage 2 pure turbo down the line.....

Also a fyi, I have been working with Richard from Aquamist on integrating the hfs-4 failsafe into the electronic wastegate. It is not necessary since the jb4 will handle no or low flow situations way better than the Aquamist failsafe can but I am still going to integrate it for high flow situations. Anyway it will be an additional controller that will integrate into the grey wiring harness.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by boost82; 07-05-2015 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
TDDaryl's Avatar
TDDaryl TDDaryl is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 2008 335xi
Default 07-05-2015, 08:45 PM

Looks pretty promising.


2012 E82 FBO JB4 (Daily)
2008 335x 6466 ST (being rebuilt and upgraded)
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Chaddy74's Avatar
Chaddy74 Chaddy74 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 283
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: M135i
Default 07-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Wonderful install pics !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82
Just wanted to post up some pics and get some feedback of the install. I am still waiting on a 2.3 gallon trunk mount tank that I bought from coolingmist. As soon as it gets here I'll be up and running!!! Gonna run 7 jets, possibly 8 if I have too. (6) .4mm check valve jets for each intake runner and (1) .6mm check valve jet in the ER charge pipe. I may add another in the charge pipe if necessary but I doubt I will have too. Maybe when I get the stage 2 pure turbo down the line.....

Also a fyi, I have been working with Richard from Aquamist on integrating the hfs-4 failsafe into the electronic wastegate. It is not necessary since the jb4 will handle no or low flow situations way better than the Aquamist failsafe can but I am still going to integrate it for high flow situations. Anyway it will be an additional controller that will integrate into the grey wiring harness.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]


M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,687
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 07-05-2015, 09:59 PM

Looks nice. Looking forward to your results on pure stage2 setup


F21 M140i - 100-200: 6.95
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.47 60-130: 5.16
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.45, 60-130: 5.1
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
boost82 boost82 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 115
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: M235i
Default 07-05-2015, 10:59 PM

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Looks nice. Looking forward to your results on pure stage2 setup
Yeah hopefully by the end of this year. Just saving up a little cash haha
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
lazycat lazycat is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jan 2013
Car: f30 335i
Default 07-06-2015, 09:12 AM

What are the benefits of running 7-8 jets vs just 1-2 jets in the charge pipe?
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Bimmer_Boost's Avatar
Bimmer_Boost Bimmer_Boost is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,243
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 07-06-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycat
What are the benefits of running 7-8 jets vs just 1-2 jets in the charge pipe?
Even distribution would be a benefit to having a jet in each intake runner.


2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66
Sold

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | JB4 ISO | N20 TMAP | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | BMS Methanol Injection |
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
boost82 boost82 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 115
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: M235i
Default 07-06-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycat
What are the benefits of running 7-8 jets vs just 1-2 jets in the charge pipe?
By running it this way I can put a smaller jet in the charge pipe just really to cool iats, then evenly distribute a ton of meth to each cylinder. I could effectively run way more meth this way if needed since fueling is so limited and I really want a big turbo.

Plus this is very effective at keeping intake valves pretty clean on a direct injection car. I saw this on my last build, intake valves were really clean.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Sir Jake Sir Jake is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 26
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 335xi E92
Default 07-12-2015, 12:12 PM

Can't wait till you get the stage 2 on there and post some results! :D
Looks very clean on the install.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
boost82 boost82 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 115
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: M235i
Default 07-13-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jake
Can't wait till you get the stage 2 on there and post some results! :D
Looks very clean on the install.
Thanks me too
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Lowon's Avatar
Lowon Lowon is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,826
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: Bmw M2
Default 05-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for hsf4?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com