N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-24-2016, 07:52 AM

Any dyno's, pics, logs or feedback?

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#52)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 06-24-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Any dyno's, pics, logs or feedback?
Had one who went 10.7@130mph on stealths in a full weight AT E90. He did many 10.80-11.0's also. To my knowledge this is still the entire N54 1/4 mile world record.

Had one who went 10.8@134mph on EVO's. Have a feeling he will be closer to mid 10's once we hit the cool season and with his new gearing.

Had a 628awhp AT XI dyno on next gens.

Had a ~525rwhp pump gas dyno on next gens.

Some are from dynos that are possibly very friendly, thus not meaning too much really if they aren't at the dragstrip who knows.

Have seen some tanked engines from those trying to best these figures.

Basically the same ole stuff for months and nothing new. I don't think we are going to see much better (ie. dramatic) results until some of these ST kits start putting the power down somehow as these hybrids are really just borderline tapped out at these levels we are at, but we shall see when we get to the cool season.

We will be releasing a newer stealth soon though which will further complete our "small" (ie. next gens), "medium" (ie. stealths), and "large" (ie. evos) choices of N54 offerings. Will be making a new thread in the next month or so.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 06-24-2016 at 10:06 AM..
(#53)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-24-2016, 10:33 AM

Thanks,

Thats awesome RB, any plans to equip them with the removable V-band to disconnect the turbo from it's manifold?
That'd really help cut down on shops charging so much for install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Had one who went 10.7@130mph on stealths in a full weight AT E90. He did many 10.80-11.0's also. To my knowledge this is still the entire N54 1/4 mile world record.

Had one who went 10.8@134mph on EVO's. Have a feeling he will be closer to mid 10's once we hit the cool season and with his new gearing.

Had a 628awhp AT XI dyno on next gens.

Had a ~525rwhp pump gas dyno on next gens.

Some are from dynos that are possibly very friendly, thus not meaning too much really if they aren't at the dragstrip who knows.

Have seen some tanked engines from those trying to best these figures.

Basically the same ole stuff for months and nothing new. I don't think we are going to see much better (ie. dramatic) results until some of these ST kits start putting the power down somehow as these hybrids are really just borderline tapped out at these levels we are at, but we shall see when we get to the cool season.

We will be releasing a newer stealth soon though which will further complete our "small" (ie. next gens), "medium" (ie. stealths), and "large" (ie. evos) choices of N54 offerings. Will be making a new thread in the next month or so.

Thanks,
Rob

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#54)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Not sure if it was stated but do the RB super stealths with the 2" inlet have a lip/bead so the inlets stay on easier?

2008 E90 335i 6MT: RBs, Inlets, FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS E85 flash, BMS Port Injection, Walbro 450 LPFP, 335is clutch
(#55)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Thanks,

Thats awesome RB, any plans to equip them with the removable V-band to disconnect the turbo from it's manifold?
That'd really help cut down on shops charging so much for install.
Think its debatable on the actual labor housings to be saved here and even if there were to be a few moments due to not needing to remove the manifold itself, you then can not see if you have leaky valve seals. In short my opinion the only real benefit (which is rather large for production cost) to this method is the savings in the turbofold (manifold and housing) manufacturing. Keeping production costs low help keep the costs to the consumer low, which is definitely a good thing... but the labor aspect seems a bit over rated to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjott
Not sure if it was stated but do the RB super stealths with the 2" inlet have a lip/bead so the inlets stay on easier?
Yes it does.

We also have a new setup coming by month end that will use stock size 1.75" inlets with a lip on the snout as well. The 2" diameter (and lip) works well for retaining inlets but being bigger in these areas (especially at the rear turbo around the block) can cause some difficulties in installation at times too. So the thought is that the new setup will mitigate that point by keeping the snout smaller, but allow for a lip as a standard too.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#56)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 08-03-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
H
Rob
Hey Rob any news on the newer rb stealths? Looking to trade in a set of original rbs to upgrade in the near future!
(#57)
Old
Stalker

Default 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboostlol
Hey Rob any news on the newer rb stealths? Looking to trade in a set of original rbs to upgrade in the near future!
We have all the same setups and a new RB Next Gen Plus, you can trade up to any of them.

Shoot over an email to rob.rbturbo@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rob

(#58)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-03-2016, 10:41 AM

Nice!

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#59)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 08-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
We have all the same setups and a new RB Next Gen Plus, you can trade up to any of them.

Shoot over an email to rob.rbturbo@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rob
Any additional information on these, they are not up on your site. Pictures, price, difference from Next Gens?

Thanks
(#60)
Old
Stalker

Default 08-05-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss
Any additional information on these, they are not up on your site. Pictures, price, difference from Next Gens?

Thanks
We expect to formally release them with our upcoming outlets in less than a month. Our website is grossly out of date, turbo prices are not correct, etc. We hope to get it overhauled in the next couple months, it is just not high on the priority list I guess. Best bet is to email for any real world information on the current costs of our Turbo Products.

A bit of info on the new turbos: As our standard RB Next Gens have been HUGELY successful, reliable, and very well tested over the past year we are a big fan of selling the product. It is my belief this product is perfect for the N54, and is what BMW should've equipped them with from the Factory. They literally are a perfect balance between boost response and power potential. For this reason this product is not going anywhere.

BUT there are several subtle "trick" things we are going to do to improve them for the Next Gen Plus. The thing that many like about the Next Gens is the amazing spool, and most customers truly appreciate a turbo with great transient response. So with the plus we are trying to retain much of that great response, but eek out a bit more efficiency at the same time.

Couple attributes of the Next Gen Plus will be as follows-
1- CNC Upgraded snout with beaded end Standard (works best with 1.75" inlets, but will also work "ok" with 2" inlets)
2- CNC Ported Outlets Standard (for matching you will require either hand porting of the OEM outlets, or purchase our aftermarket outlets that will be designed to match them)
3- New Upgraded 17T Billet compressor wheel (with custom Bullet Nut)
4- New Upgraded TD04L 9 Blade Turbine for extra wheel flow (with custom high heat turbine shield)
5- RB High Flow Oil Drains included with all purchases (still)
6- No core charge (still)

The RB Next Gen Plus will be a very sweet setup and I believe it will be a very popular choice for many.

We have a pretty quick turn around these days on products too (typically less than 15 days), and of course we have a significant embedded base of customers around the world we support as well as we have been supporting this community since 2010.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 08-05-2016 at 02:15 PM..
(#61)
Old

Car: 335
Default 08-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Hi Rob,

Compliments for your new product line and thanks for your emails. Your products have really shown quality to me, I have made more then 150k km on my set of original Rb's. Including : 6000 miles on a Cannonball run, many rounds on the nordschleife.. 50k + km on the German autobahn... And lots of abuse.. Tuned for 21 psi. Finally finally I'm able to order new toys with you. I expect to order the next gens or the stealths.

And by the way thanks for the great offer as I can return you my current set.

Cheers,

Rene / Amsterdam
(#62)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-06-2016, 02:31 PM

Rob at what PSI do you recommend your large turbos to be run at? When pushing them to the max. 23-25-27-30+? Do you see reliability issues when people are pushing them over a certain psi and if so what PSI is that?
(#63)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-10-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Couple attributes of the Next Gen Plus will be as follows-
1- CNC Upgraded snout with beaded end Standard (works best with 1.75" inlets, but will also work "ok" with 2" inlets)
2- CNC Ported Outlets Standard (for matching you will require either hand porting of the OEM outlets, or purchase our aftermarket outlets that will be designed to match them)
3- New Upgraded 17T Billet compressor wheel (with custom Bullet Nut)
4- New Upgraded TD04L 9 Blade Turbine for extra wheel flow (with custom high heat turbine shield)
5- RB High Flow Oil Drains included with all purchases (still)
6- No core charge (still)

The RB Next Gen Plus will be a very sweet setup and I believe it will be a very popular choice for many.
Rob
Hi Rob,

I stand to be corrected but I thought there was going to be 2 versions of your middle offering Stealth with the 19T and 17T Wheels? From what I read here there will be be a revamp of the next gens from 15T to 17T with a few tricks built in.

Will the Stealth range remain unchanged as before?

Thanks

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#64)
Old
Stalker

Default 08-10-2016, 04:04 PM

We can build turbos however a customer wishes, but our intention is to leave things as they are and add in a new RB Next Gen Plus as described above. By simply emailing us we can help one decide what combination of hardware is the best for them.

Thanks,
Rob

(#65)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
We can build turbos however a customer wishes, but our intention is to leave things as they are and add in a new RB Next Gen Plus as described above. By simply emailing us we can help one decide what combination of hardware is the best for them.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob at what PSI do you recommend your large turbos to be run at? When pushing them to the max. 23-25-27-30+? Do you see reliability issues when people are pushing them over a certain psi and if so what PSI is that?