N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-26-2015, 01:07 PM

Mine is installed. Took me about 5 min. Very easy. I took some step pictures just in case someone doesnt understand fully or is confused.
(#277)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 09-26-2015, 04:47 PM

Got mine working after getting a replacement chip! It works as advertised. My wishes would be: 1) be able to hold boost up to a max PSI value (I kinda don't want it to build up boost into the 20s) and 2) prevent the car from moving forward slowly. I would only advise using this on a straight line, not during turns. LOL

MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
(#278)
Old

Default 09-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Maybe can code in an option onto the jb4 for boost limit while iat is under 30?
(#279)
Old

Car: E92
Default 09-26-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik
Got mine working after getting a replacement chip! It works as advertised. My wishes would be: 1) be able to hold boost up to a max PSI value (I kinda don't want it to build up boost into the 20s) and 2) prevent the car from moving forward slowly. I would only advise using this on a straight line, not during turns. LOL
Lol, you should never go WOT in a turn anyway, much less use ant-lag.

I do like the max PSI setting idea. We can dial-in our cars to be below the surge line this way.

TS N54
(#280)
Old

Default 09-26-2015, 09:55 PM

Yes and I have an idea. Maybe there could be a rev limiter in place so as soon as you hold the button, the RPM won't climb up anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Lol, you should never go WOT in a turn anyway, much less use ant-lag.

I do like the max PSI setting idea. We can dial-in our cars to be below the surge line this way.

(#281)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2015, 10:00 PM

Keep the anti-lag logs rolling and we'll evaluate and improve the functionality.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#282)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 09-27-2015, 01:15 AM

Can I buy this from your site for my jb4? I live in Los angles. If not can I come pick it up from you guys since I'm not to far

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#283)
Old

Car: 2010 335xi
Default 09-27-2015, 04:46 PM

What causes some other cars to backfire and shoot flames when using anti lag? VS our cars. Seems like all other antilag cars do this.
(#284)
Old

Car: 335
Default 09-27-2015, 05:24 PM

Im not sure exactly how terry has this set up but the cars that backfire like that are decreasing timing, dumping fuel, and leaving the throttle body open slightly. This creates a rich mixture which leads to the backfire.

This is an informative post: http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html
(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
Can I buy this from your site for my jb4? I live in Los angles. If not can I come pick it up from you guys since I'm not to far
Per the site its not available to California customers.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#286)
Old

Car: 97 Supra
Default 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion
Im not sure exactly how terry has this set up but the cars that backfire like that are decreasing timing, dumping fuel, and leaving the throttle body open slightly. This creates a rich mixture which leads to the backfire.

This is an informative post: http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html
I think Terry only has it removing timing and maybe a slight amount of increased fuel, but was going to look at making some changes once he has more data.
(#287)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2015, 03:54 PM

Modified the firmware to include brake pedal input and setup it up to trigger anti-lag when the brake pedal is down OR volume is pressed down AND gas pedal input is greater than 10%.

I did a few test runs and the brake works really well for fully arresting any acceleration while brake boosting, but the DME has this annoying behavior of not restoring the timing advance until approx 1/2 second after IAT goes back up. So when you let go of the brake while you expect to shoot off right away it takes an extra 1/2 second. I almost think we're better off having it on the button only. With button only you can take in to account the 1/2 second delay on your launch if you want. Just let go of the button 1/2 second before letting go of the brake.

Anyway if anyone wants to test it just drop me an email indicating single turbo firmware or normal.

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 09-30-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Keep the anti-lag logs rolling

(#289)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2015, 10:59 AM

Not much data rolling in on this. I guess everyone is just too busy winning their races.

Burger Motorsports

(#290)
Old

Default 10-01-2015, 11:12 AM

I'll try to get some tonight when it ain't raining.

Quote:
Not much data rolling in on this. I guess everyone is just too busy winning their races.

(#291)
Old

Default 10-01-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
sry haha, ive been working a lot (end of month data), but I have been messing with it more and more. I have a few logs. Im awd auto, the launch for some reason is very effective in my car. I didn't know if it would change much do to building a load while stalling, but it does help. im thinking maybe because its less drivetrain load, but still building boost. Rolling though, it seems to have a slight lag when initially letting the button go, but for only a split second, then it seems to have a huge hit and the car takes off already at full boost.
(#292)
Old

Default 10-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Ill make sure to record the best log I can and post it.
(#293)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-01-2015, 02:16 PM

I have to look into my wiring this weekend...
(#294)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 10-01-2015, 03:04 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is as annoyed as me but during normal driving when I go to turn the radio down, the antilag kicks in unless I'm completely off the throttle. Really annoying and don't see the point of it even activating unless I'm 100% wot. Am I missing something or can we change it to trigger with like 90+% pedal input??

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#295)
Old

Default 10-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Idk, i like the way it is.. just need to turn down the radio with the knob if ur on the throttle. Its only like a 1' away... or lay off throttle for 1 second while you use the steering wheel control. I dont think its the big of a deal and dont want it to change.
(#296)
Old

Default 10-01-2015, 08:57 PM

And also, if i dont go wot, i can keep my car from creepin, and still build up plenty of boost for the roll
(#297)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
I'm not sure if anyone else is as annoyed as me but during normal driving when I go to turn the radio down, the antilag kicks in unless I'm completely off the throttle. Really annoying and don't see the point of it even activating unless I'm 100% wot. Am I missing something or can we change it to trigger with like 90+% pedal input??
We can trigger the load when it activates which is done within the flash file once we start seeing more data on it. If you make the pedal input high then the car takes off when the gas pedal is pressed until it reaches > 90%, etc. It's equally annoying.

Burger Motorsports

(#298)
Old

Car: 335i 6mt
Default 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM

I just got mine in the mail today. What type of feedback you looking for terry? Anything specific? I will definitely post here tomorrow on how it did. I'll log it as well

-07 Space Gray e92 335i 6MT JB4 G5 W/ e85 BMS Flash, DCI,**,ER Chargepipe w/ Tial BOV 255 Walboro, Drag Radials, ZHP Shifter

13' Mustang 5.0 Supercharged 800rwhp

-06 300c SRT8 550rwhp
(#299)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-02-2015, 12:19 PM

Terry, can you make the anti lag function like a FUD or menu setting like max cool on/off? So when your ready to use it u can, but DD have it mild mannered. And if the JB4 is in Map 0, will the anti lag still be functioning?

2008 535i RB Turbos, ER Charge pipe, Tial BOV, 2.3 gal BMS Meth 75/25, Dual nozzle CM10 and CM7, BMS Race Flash, 3" Down Pipe, JB4 ISO G5, N20 Map Sensor, BMS OCC, BMS PCV Valve, JB4 Mobile App, 12.3 @ 116 mph
(#300)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose3081
I just got mine in the mail today. What type of feedback you looking for terry? Anything specific? I will definitely post here tomorrow on how it did. I'll log it as well
Just a few logs. I want to see how load looks leading up to and out of the trigger in different environments.

Burger Motorsports