N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2501)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-05-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Some of us have been running the M45iL plugs for quite some time already. No issues to report. The only downside is that they cost more than the Denso plugs.

https://www.k8stingerstore.com/produ...7bce2e10&_ss=r
Great, thank you! I just ordered a set. Can you tell me what to gap them at? Doesn't seem to be much information on the inter-webs.
(#2502)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
CPI doesn't require a pump or tank, it just tees in to the low fuel pressure system, and then the JB4 runs the CPI injector to control how much extra fuel is injected in to the charge air path. You need to drill/tap or weld a bung to the chargepipe or intercooler to run CPI. It can't work with our plug and play WMI nozzle adapter.

If you don't have E85 access then WMI would be a much better choice. And even if you do some customers prefer WMI, while some don't want to bother with extra tanks, and prefer CPI. Performance is roughly equivalent.
I was reading an informative post by Fuel It regarding their CPI, and they were suggesting e85 or high ethanol blends. With that said, I have some new questions...

1. How high of an ethanol blend can the Stinger safely run without damaging the fuel system?

2. I see most people run around e30; is that a high enough content to benefit from CPI, or should we stick to WMI?
(#2503)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
I was reading an informative post by Fuel It regarding their CPI, and they were suggesting e85 or high ethanol blends. With that said, I have some new questions...

1. How high of an ethanol blend can the Stinger safely run without damaging the fuel system?

2. I see most people run around e30; is that a high enough content to benefit from CPI, or should we stick to WMI?
1) With CPI E50 is the current maximum level for tuning reasons. No indication the fuel system hardware would have any issue with straight E85, though.

2) CPI is not needed for E30. It's for people who want to run closer to E50 which is enough octane to max out the factory turbos.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2504)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Some of us have been running the M45iL plugs for quite some time already. No issues to report. The only downside is that they cost more than the Denso plugs.

https://www.k8stingerstore.com/produ...7bce2e10&_ss=r
Some of us are still running the factory NGK plugs regapped without any issues as well for free. LOL

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#2505)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-06-2019, 11:08 PM

Hi Terry,

I guess I've been using the jb4 without the updates.
I loaded v10 and did a log using launch control and another log just in 5th gear. Kindly check for me before I load the firmware you emailed me to test for you.

Thanks

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-06 18_06_35_Map-1.csv (11.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-06 18_07_35_Map-1.csv (6.6 KB, 33 views)
(#2506)
Old

Car: G70
Default 08-07-2019, 09:22 AM

I live near Minneapolis, I'd love to swing by Brainerd and take my G70 for a spin. You all racing around the track in the Video? I've never been to the raceway there - driven by it 100's of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratboy90
Terry the JB4 is amazing. I ****ing love it. I been on Map1 then 2 once I did plugs. Well finally I had a big car event. Powercruise #10 at Brainerd Intl Raceway. The car was a beast. I mean nothing compared to my buddies 724whp Audi RS4. But the Stinger hurt a lot of feelings this weekend and surprised a lot of people. So much love for the car. Tons of compliments and questions. I ran Map5 on e30 mix all weekend without a single problem in the slightest. I only have a few videos myself but I'm hoping the car will pop up in some other vids online. We ran mostly 3 to 4 people deep in it and still had way too much fun in a sedan.

Truely an amazing piggyback box. Absolutely love it. Then on the trip home the wife put it back to Map0 with regular 91oct and enjoyed 32mpg back home. Track MPG is about 9mpg on Map5 btw.

Wow already over 500 view on one video I have. This is against a 2017 Maserati V8 of sorts. I believe they are 450hp it was him and 1 passenger. I had 2 passengers. Nicely walked away from him.

Maserati vs Kia Stinger GT - YouTube
(#2507)
Old

Default 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM

For MAP 3 or MAP 5, how much E85 should be added to the fuel tank assuming I'm running it with 93oct. with up to 10% ethanol?

Map guide as of v5 firmware (selected via JB4 Mobile/laptop interface. Map1 is the default map)

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 4psi at high RPM. Suggested for 93+ octane fuel.
Map 3: 6psi stock tapering to 5psi at high RPM. Suggested for high quality fuel including unleaded race gas, ethanol mixtures up to 30%, or high quality octane booster like Torco or Boostane.
Map 4: Valet map, runs around half as much boost as stock.
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.
(#2508)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthundercat
Hi Terry,

I guess I've been using the jb4 without the updates.
I loaded v10 and did a log using launch control and another log just in 5th gear. Kindly check for me before I load the firmware you emailed me to test for you.

Thanks

Chris
You already emailed them, no need to email and post here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2509)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka
For MAP 3 or MAP 5, how much E85 should be added to the fuel tank assuming I'm running it with 93oct. with up to 10% ethanol?
Shoot for around 30% e85. Say 6 gallons to a tank of pump.

Burger Motorsports

(#2510)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 08-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Should be closer to 4.5 of e85 if factoring in filling the tank with 93 and @10% ethanol already.

Used this for awhile on my Golf R until I memorized the amounts.

E85 (Ethanol) Fuel Calculator
(#2511)
Old

Car: 2109 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Default 08-11-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Kia OCC back in stock, get them while they're hot!

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...29391333785715
Will this be made for the 2L engine? I know there are not a lot of us out there, but I am sure if you made a small batch they would sell.

Please and thank you!
(#2512)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-11-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooshman
Should be closer to 4.5 of e85 if factoring in filling the tank with 93 and @10% ethanol already.

Used this for awhile on my Golf R until I memorized the amounts.

E85 (Ethanol) Fuel Calculator
There's just too many variables in this to worry about fractions of gallons. It's all ballpark and guesswork, don't believe other wise.
(#2513)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
There's just too many variables in this to worry about fractions of gallons. It's all ballpark and guesswork, don't believe other wise.
Sure, but i'd rather do some simple math in my head to ensure I don't screw too much with fuel trims. E30 to E38 is only 8 points, but can make a difference depending on maps, boost and other factors.
But lets go the other way... 8 gallons is close to 6, so lets do that. Now you are running about a e48 which is no bueno.

I guess it's all ballpark, but i'd rather control what I can, to ensure the stock fuel system stays in check, especially with the heat we are experiencing.
(#2514)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM

The ECU is highly adaptive with it's full time closed loop fuel control so you don't need to be overly precise in the mixture.

Burger Motorsports

(#2515)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStaino
Will this be made for the 2L engine? I know there are not a lot of us out there, but I am sure if you made a small batch they would sell.

Please and thank you!
I haven't looked at the 2L PCV system yet, have photos of the current OCC offerings out? I'll see if this look compatible.

Burger Motorsports

(#2516)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooshman
Sure, but i'd rather do some simple math in my head to ensure I don't screw too much with fuel trims. E30 to E38 is only 8 points, but can make a difference depending on maps, boost and other factors.
But lets go the other way... 8 gallons is close to 6, so lets do that. Now you are running about a e48 which is no bueno.

I guess it's all ballpark, but i'd rather control what I can, to ensure the stock fuel system stays in check, especially with the heat we are experiencing.
ok, my point is simple... If you don't know the exact ethanol content of the gas (say 93 octane premium), the exact ethanol content of the E85 or at least octane, then you are just mixing on assumptions and guesses... which helps as to what Terry says... it doesn't have to be exact. I would think that if you try to be consistent in your sources of fuel and your mixtures, your logs are your only hope to maximize performance.
(#2517)
Old

Car: 2109 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Default 08-11-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I haven't looked at the 2L PCV system yet, have photos of the current OCC offerings out? I'll see if this look compatible.
Thanks as always for the quick response Terry.

I don't have any OCC installed right now, but is this what you are looking for?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Va20nQsaF1FgCN

Happy to do more research on my own to get you the info you need, but I am not very mechanically inclined, so you might have to lead this horse right into the water
(#2518)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The ECU is highly adaptive with it's full time closed loop fuel control so you don't need to be overly precise in the mixture.
Fair enough... I was too cautious with my past BMW and Golf R on JB4's when running E85.
(#2519)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3t RWD Sport
Default 08-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Got my JB4 installed a bit ago. Having trouble getting the firewall grommet to move for ob2. Any suggestions? This is a genesis g70 3.3t
(#2520)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Some of us are still running the factory NGK plugs regapped without any issues as well for free. LOL
Well thatís really not free. Maybe your time is but certainly not mine. If someone is going to take the time to pull plugs it only makes sense to drop a better plug in as opposed to the trash KIA used (even re-gapped).
(#2521)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling3r
Got my JB4 installed a bit ago. Having trouble getting the firewall grommet to move for ob2. Any suggestions? This is a genesis g70 3.3t
There's a gap where the front fender meets the hood. Squeeze it in through there and have it come down by the door.
(#2522)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling3r
I know you have a G70 but this is worth a shot assuming you don’t want a wire coming up through the door jab.

Stinger JB4 OBDII on Vimeo
(#2523)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
There's a gap where the front fender meets the hood. Squeeze it in through there and have it come down by the door.
Thanks for this. Doing this as a temp solution. I will get it wired better and I need to change out my plugs.
(#2524)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I know you have a G70 but this is worth a shot assuming you donít want a wire coming up through the door jab.

Stinger JB4 OBDII on Vimeo
This is what I needed to see! I was trying to pry the grommet out towards me. Thanks for this!!!!
(#2525)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 03:36 PM

My first few pulls after install. This is on stock plugs and 93 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-11 13_21_09_Map-2.csv (285.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-11 13_28_11_Map-1.csv (197.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-11 17_17_21_Map-1.csv (14.6 KB, 29 views)