N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2476)
Old

Car: G70 3.3t
Default 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Terry, thanks for a great product! Installed the JB4 last weekend and installed the plugs I ordered from you, gapped to .022. With 93 octane, i been doing a few small runs with map 1 and 2. See attached. Getting some hiccups at the top end of 3rd gear. Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_09_15_Map-2.csv (16.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_07_14_Map-1.csv (5.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_05_04_Map-1.csv (14.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_04_12_Map-2.csv (25.5 KB, 13 views)
(#2477)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdefrees
Terry, thanks for a great product! Installed the JB4 last weekend and installed the plugs I ordered from you, gapped to .022. With 93 octane, i been doing a few small runs with map 1 and 2. See attached. Getting some hiccups at the top end of 3rd gear. Any suggestions?
Timing, boost, and AFR look good here. Did you feel anything in this log? If so I can't see it on the data side.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2478)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Why the Stinger is the only car with this kind of product available?
You guys have a lot of products for BMW cars but I don't any similar OCC design, only regular OCCs.
The layout of the engine determines how parts need to work. BMW uses an internal PCV system inside the intake manifold so it's not possible to intercept the vacuum line and add an air/fuel separator in this way. I wish we could, we'd sell a lot of them.

This is the BMW equivalent: https://www.burgertuning.com/product...m-side-occ-kit

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2479)
Old

Default 08-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Timing, boost, and AFR look good here. Did you feel anything in this log? If so I can't see it on the data side.
Look at the 10:04 Map 2 run. That's when I felt a couple stutters. Thanks again!
(#2480)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Can I install the jb4 and not install the obd2 cable?
(#2481)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthundercat
Sure but performance will be limited relative to running the OBDII cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#2482)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdefrees
Look at the 10:04 Map 2 run. That's when I felt a couple stutters. Thanks again!
That's the log above. No obvious signs of issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#2483)
Old

Default 08-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That's the log above. No obvious signs of issues.
Thanks for your time Terry. Can't wait to unlock the full potential of your product. Patiently waiting for O2 sensor extensions. Keep up the great work!
(#2484)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-03-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
Thank you for the response.

So if I understand this correctly, WMI is for those who DO NOT have access to ethanol, and CPI is for those who DO have access to ethanol?

Also, does CPI require a tank and pump like WMI does? Or does it just feed from the existing fuel system?

Lastly, does one provide more performance gains over the other, or is it negligible?
Bump, in case you missed it, Terry.
(#2485)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
Bump, in case you missed it, Terry.
CPI doesn't require a pump or tank, it just tees in to the low fuel pressure system, and then the JB4 runs the CPI injector to control how much extra fuel is injected in to the charge air path. You need to drill/tap or weld a bung to the chargepipe or intercooler to run CPI. It can't work with our plug and play WMI nozzle adapter.

If you don't have E85 access then WMI would be a much better choice. And even if you do some customers prefer WMI, while some don't want to bother with extra tanks, and prefer CPI. Performance is roughly equivalent.

Burger Motorsports

(#2486)
Old

Default 08-03-2019, 08:45 PM

Hi Terry;

Just need a quick review from you of the attached log before I move forward with installing fuel wires.

2019 Kia Stinger GT
91 Octane
Stock Everything
Map1

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 20_21_36_Map-1.csv (12.2 KB, 8 views)
(#2487)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 08-03-2019, 10:20 PM

ok so
been doing a little research on the web, but "in your own word" what would you say a back end flash "exactly" is. To my understanding... is it just to monitor fueling/timing? Would I sound crazy to go a tuner friend of mine and ask for a back end flash? Please advise. thanks
(#2488)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-04-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Install the OBDII, it takes no time:

Does the JB4 void the manufacturers warranty? | Page 2 | Kia Stinger Forum
(#2489)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-04-2019, 10:46 AM

Is the JB4 compliant with the HKS M45IL plugs? I ask after the recent press release for the GT420, and reports of increased performance from this spark plugs increased ignition characteristics. I would like to change from my current Denso to these, but I want to verify the compatibility. Thank you.
(#2490)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2019, 10:56 AM

JB4 doesn't care what plugs you use.

Burger Motorsports

(#2491)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry;

Just need a quick review from you of the attached log before I move forward with installing fuel wires.

2019 Kia Stinger GT
91 Octane
Stock Everything
Map1

Thank you
Seems fine to me

Burger Motorsports

(#2492)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
CPI doesn't require a pump or tank, it just tees in to the low fuel pressure system, and then the JB4 runs the CPI injector to control how much extra fuel is injected in to the charge air path. You need to drill/tap or weld a bung to the chargepipe or intercooler to run CPI. It can't work with our plug and play WMI nozzle adapter.

If you don't have E85 access then WMI would be a much better choice. And even if you do some customers prefer WMI, while some don't want to bother with extra tanks, and prefer CPI. Performance is roughly equivalent.
The BMS intercooler will come with a bung, correct?

Does CPI require full e85, or will e30 suffice?
(#2493)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
JB4 doesn't care what plugs you use.
Terry, thank you for the quick reply. If that is the case, why then the suggestion to remove the stock plugs for the Denso? Are the same advantages true when going from the stock to the HKS plugs?
(#2494)
Old

Car: 18' Stinger GT
Default 08-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Terry the JB4 is amazing. I ****ing love it. I been on Map1 then 2 once I did plugs. Well finally I had a big car event. Powercruise #10 at Brainerd Intl Raceway. The car was a beast. I mean nothing compared to my buddies 724whp Audi RS4. But the Stinger hurt a lot of feelings this weekend and surprised a lot of people. So much love for the car. Tons of compliments and questions. I ran Map5 on e30 mix all weekend without a single problem in the slightest. I only have a few videos myself but I'm hoping the car will pop up in some other vids online. We ran mostly 3 to 4 people deep in it and still had way too much fun in a sedan.

Truely an amazing piggyback box. Absolutely love it. Then on the trip home the wife put it back to Map0 with regular 91oct and enjoyed 32mpg back home. Track MPG is about 9mpg on Map5 btw.

Wow already over 500 view on one video I have. This is against a 2017 Maserati V8 of sorts. I believe they are 450hp it was him and 1 passenger. I had 2 passengers. Nicely walked away from him.

Maserati vs Kia Stinger GT - YouTube

Last edited by Bratboy90; 08-04-2019 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Add link
(#2495)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2019, 05:23 PM

Glad to hear!

Burger Motorsports

(#2496)
Old

Default 08-04-2019, 07:29 PM

Hi Terry;

Need a quick review of 2 logs.

Stinger GT
JB4 with fuel wires
91 Octane
Stock everything
2000 ft elevation

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-04 14_50_39_Map-1.csv (12.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-04 14_54_14_Map-1.csv (14.0 KB, 7 views)
(#2497)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default JB4 Burnout option - 08-04-2019, 07:56 PM

So, what's the status of adding an electronic option to the JB4 for burnouts?
(#2498)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHGT2
So, what's the status of adding an electronic option to the JB4 for burnouts?
Not currently under development. Just the basic switch DIY for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#2499)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry;

Need a quick review of 2 logs.

Stinger GT
JB4 with fuel wires
91 Octane
Stock everything
2000 ft elevation

Thanks
Looks fine to me, but drop me an email I have a firmware update I'd like you to test, since you're at 2000' elevation. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#2500)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-05-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicGT2
Is the JB4 compliant with the HKS M45IL plugs? I ask after the recent press release for the GT420, and reports of increased performance from this spark plugs increased ignition characteristics. I would like to change from my current Denso to these, but I want to verify the compatibility. Thank you.
Some of us have been running the M45iL plugs for quite some time already. No issues to report. The only downside is that they cost more than the Denso plugs.

https://www.k8stingerstore.com/produ...7bce2e10&_ss=r