N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Yes that sounds right, it's a byproduct of the logic that the JB4 will always "attempt" to add 4psi regardless of pedal input. But you can only make more boost under heavier pedal input anyway.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: Honda Civic type R
Default 06-13-2019, 05:27 AM

hey Terry

is map 6 usable on type R? I can select it just not sure if active. I think I got wrong obdII cable as too short but so far so good. I tried both map 1 and 2 with no problems. I have been on civicx forum there is a bit of h8 for jb4 there, I'm trying to make them believers.
(#403)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2019, 08:19 AM

Yes map6 is active and can be used to manually set profiles. The limiting factor with the R is fuel pressure though.

On OBDII tuner goes on the driver side so the cable should reach. Photos? We have a longer cable too we can send if needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#404)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 09:13 AM

I'm in Australia so steering wheel is on other side
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Ahh makes sense. Normally AU gets the longer cable anyway. Was your cable 4' or 6'?

Burger Motorsports

(#406)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 10:01 AM

ok I was going to place jb4 next to airbox but no way does obdII reach over there so now I run jb4 on other side but it's a bit close to the belt and hot *****.
(#407)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default 06-13-2019, 08:01 PM

Hello Terry, here is a long log from the track to review. Map 1, Type R, 94 octane
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-12 20_02_54_Map-1.csv (316.0 KB, 30 views)
(#408)
Old

Car: Honda civic Type R
Default e40 - 06-14-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrodR24039
Hey guys, I have a question. I'm running map 2 on my type R. i noticed that it seems to have a lag. lets say I'm on second gear pushing around 2500 RPM and punch the throttle down. It feels like its lagging or idk what it is. but once it passes 4k its normal. is this boost lag or maybe my 93 gas? or is this considered boost lag?

So i started experimenting with different fuel mixtures, e20, e30, e40.

E40 proved to be the most effective, no more lag seems like it was not the fuel pump but the octane, Heck I ran it on map 3 NO ISSUES ran like a champ.

Mishi intake, **, JB4
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2019, 09:12 PM

Surprised the fuel pressure is holding up on R!

Burger Motorsports

(#410)
Old

Car: Honda civic Type R
Default 06-14-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Surprised the fuel pressure is holding up on R!
I think the max boost I've seen has been 22-23psi with E40. In our car group (TYPERSOFSOFLO) we have multiple type Rs runing 24-28psi with stock fuel system but they are FBO, running hondata, Ktuner, ect.

In all E40 is the way to go. Map 3 is great
(#411)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2019, 09:32 PM

Yes with the flash tuning they can probably set the AFR a lot leaner to try to get away with it. We're limited by the factory like air/fuel targets with the JB4. Which are richer and more conservative. But also hits the fuel pressure limits earlier than running leaner.

Burger Motorsports

(#412)
Old

Default 06-15-2019, 10:15 PM

It would be good for guys to start logging e20,e40 to see what’s happening. Is map 3 active on type r? I thought it was just 1 and 2
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 01:55 PM

Lots are always a good idea.. The TypeR we used for development was not very E85 friendly based on fuel pressure. Your mileage may vary.

Burger Motorsports

(#414)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 04:48 AM

can you have a look at log of map 1
Attached Files
File Type: csv Austype R log_Map-1.csv (9.2 KB, 31 views)
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austype R
can you have a look at log of map 1
Looks fine to me. What fuel and mods?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 11:55 AM

sorry Terry its 98 Ron octane. stock vehicle. I will try map 2 now I guess.
(#417)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default Issue at track - 06-19-2019, 06:27 PM

Hello Terry can you review these 2 logs from today. Tried Map 1, 94 octane. On the longest straight I come out of corner in 4th at about 85kph, go from 3000rpm to 6000 full throttle then shift to 5th and continue full throttle up to 190-195km. Car would jerk on map 1 in 5th, as if car was running out of gas. Came in, switched to map 0. Attached that log for reference. No issues in map 0 all day. Can you confirm what the issue is? Do you see it in logs. And do you think we can possiblyb do a custom map to work around issue
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-19 10_10_46_Map-1.csv (332.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-19 16_38_37_Map-0.csv (28.7 KB, 23 views)
(#418)
Old

Car: Honda Civic
Exclamation suggestion - 06-24-2019, 12:59 PM

Hi, Terry. please launch a new update. They have left for months to continue making improvements. we have to compete with hondata, please that the maps can be used with normal gasoline and correct errors please. I hope you take it into account and do not leave the updates
(#419)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoTypeR
Hello Terry can you review these 2 logs from today. Tried Map 1, 94 octane. On the longest straight I come out of corner in 4th at about 85kph, go from 3000rpm to 6000 full throttle then shift to 5th and continue full throttle up to 190-195km. Car would jerk on map 1 in 5th, as if car was running out of gas. Came in, switched to map 0. Attached that log for reference. No issues in map 0 all day. Can you confirm what the issue is? Do you see it in logs. And do you think we can possiblyb do a custom map to work around issue
Is there a specific timestamp on the map1 log you noticed the issue come up so I can focus in on the details?

Burger Motorsports

(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondero98
Hi, Terry. please launch a new update. They have left for months to continue making improvements. we have to compete with hondata, please that the maps can be used with normal gasoline and correct errors please. I hope you take it into account and do not leave the updates
The JB4 is doing everything we want it to be doing!

All octane are supported. There is map6 in there for customized mapping. We've got WMI support for those who want to run it, ethanol sensor support for those who want to run it. But most JB4 customers are the install a tune + intake, and enjoy the huge power increase sort.

What are you looking for us to improve with it? If there is a false alarm error fault then of course that's always a high priority to fix. Not aware of any of those. Error codes indicate a physical issue that needs to be corrected normally so share the code and we can help you resolve the issue.

What we really need a larger JB4 Honda user base to justify the expense of additional advanced feature development. That should come with time.

Burger Motorsports

(#421)
Old

Unhappy Problem - 06-24-2019, 04:49 PM

Terry then my problem is that I'm from Mexico and I only have 92-93 octane gasoline. Do you say that I can use all the maps with this octane without problem? or put some octane additive?
(#422)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Terry then my problem is that I'm from Mexico and I only have 92-93 octane gasoline. Do you say that I can use all the maps with this octane without problem? or put some octane additive?
Start with the lower maps and get a log. Post the CSV file here so we can evaluate for you and let you know how to move forward.

Burger Motorsports

(#423)
Old

Smile 06-24-2019, 05:20 PM

ok I will take a record of all the maps and send them for review. Thanks
(#424)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
What car exactly are we talking about? Log map1 to start always and evaluate!

Burger Motorsports

(#425)
Old

Unhappy 06-24-2019, 07:41 PM

Terry is a Civic 2018 Cvt Mexico 1.5 turbo with the following mods:
Intake Injen
Down pipe
Catback
Jb4
Pedal tuner
Big intercooler injen
Blow off