N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2051)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 08:18 AM

It's on the to-do list. Car is over at Fuel-IT in the next state right now. Hope to get it back in a couple weeks.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2052)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 04-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Summer is coming, and the Sacramento heat won't be kind without a BMS Intercooler...

We're waiting!
(#2053)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 02:10 PM

We're working on it. Stuff always takes longer than expected it seems. =/

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2054)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 04-18-2019, 03:48 PM

Will it be useful on top of the WMI kit?
(#2055)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 04-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Hello Terry,

i did some test runs. Can you have a look on it?
Map3 feels verry strong
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 00_00_52_Map-3 ().csv (48.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 00_10_08_Map-6 ().csv (14.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-18 23_12_22_Map-0 ().csv (40.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-18 23_17_37_Map-1 ().csv (26.8 KB, 37 views)
(#2056)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Will it be useful on top of the WMI kit?
There is certainly some overlap. WMI benefit really comes down to fuel quality and E85 access.

Burger Motorsports

(#2057)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggei82
Hello Terry,

i did some test runs. Can you have a look on it?
Map3 feels verry strong
The 2l logs always freak me out for a moment because I think I'm looking at a 3.3L log and wondering why boost is so high.

Log looks great, timing is solid. I'm going to work on a dedicated 2l firmware or setting soon to get road speed logging working for them. Look for that soon.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2058)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 04-19-2019, 03:29 PM

Finally about to re-install my JB4 w/fuel wires.

Use the v8 firmware?

What are the recommended boost adjustments for AWD in 1st & 2nd gears?

Map 3 on 93 Octane?

Thanks!
(#2059)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Disable boost by gear in AWD models, V8 firmware, and map3 should be fine for good name brand 93.

Burger Motorsports

(#2060)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 04:08 PM

Thanks! So no AWDs are experiencing wheelspin at start/launch?
(#2061)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2019, 05:20 PM

Not that I know of, at least not to the degree you'd want to detune torque off the line for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2062)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanks again! And thanks to Jeff T. on your website's chat for helping me!
(#2063)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2019, 05:41 PM

We're happy to help!

Burger Motorsports

(#2064)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 04-20-2019, 05:16 AM

No matter what I’ve tried...I cannot break the wheels free. AWD launches like crap. Oh well.

5 mph and onwards...it’s a rocket.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2065)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 04-20-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
No matter what Iíve tried...I cannot break the wheels free. AWD launches like crap. Oh well.

5 mph and onwards...itís a rocket.
Wanna turn your AWD off?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#2066)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-20-2019, 04:32 PM

Hi Terry, happy Easter! Could you take a look at this log. Mods are SSR midpipes and JB4. First time with a full pass on map 3, Full tank 91 octane to 3 gallons of E 85. 12.78 at 112.07 with a density altitude of 5735 ft.... Corrected to sea level, this is knocking on the door of 11's... Any suggestions for my next move?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 20_52_50_Map-3.csv (12.2 KB, 42 views)
(#2067)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2019, 08:19 PM

Looks solid to me! Next time run v8 so we can see timing cyl 2-6. Impressive time for the elevation. Might be worth trying short shifting around 5500rpm just to see if it makes any difference given the thinner air.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2068)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-20-2019, 09:29 PM

Sounds good, Terry. Thanks. I'll make sure and do the v8 firmware soon. Worth a try with the short shifting, I'll give that a shot too m Y'all are very much appreciated!! Awesome support!
(#2069)
Old

Car: G70 2.0T 6MT
Default 04-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Hey all - first post with the new car / new toys - I've got one of the six speed manual trans G70 2.0T's, and have started upgrades already.

JB4 has been on it for a few days now - log attached from Map 1 with pump 91, with stock plugs gapped down and a basic intake I put together out of some 4" carbon tubing and a stray K&N that was laying around. Also disconnected and capped the BOV recirc line to keep IAT's a bit lower too (and yes, more noise). Pulls much more linearly to redline now (nice tuning work via the fuel wire, Terry!), still need more kick though - chassis is too good. Let me know what you think on the log - cylinder-to-cylinder timing variation looks a little wide vs. some of the others I've seen, I definitely don't love our pump gas.

So, on that note, I finished the install on the WMI kit today as well - one plus of the underpowered 2.0T is that there's more room under the hood, so I mounted all of the main parts (and an old AEM 1 gallon reservoir) up on the driver's side where the second airbox normally sits on the 3.3TT. Came out well - the kit nozzle mount / MAP block fits / clears on the 2.0T nicely. Pics below - any questions, please let me know.

I could use some advice on starting points for the WMI settings specific to the 2.0T (and 6MT if there may be any "complications" vs the 8AT) - nozzle is the standard kit #10 currently, expecting that'll be a bit much for the 2.0T with a moderate boost additive to start with. Colder HKS plugs will be going in @ 0.026" once they get here, then the spraying will start.

This is technically the wife's daily, and it's a shared track / AX car for us - planning to see how far we can push it and still maintain the handling balance.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-17 19_44_46_Map-1-Fullpull1.csv (12.3 KB, 41 views)
(#2070)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-21-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Thumper
Hey all - first post with the new car / new toys - I've got one of the six speed manual trans G70 2.0T's, and have started upgrades already.

JB4 has been on it for a few days now - log attached from Map 1 with pump 91, with stock plugs gapped down and a basic intake I put together out of some 4" carbon tubing and a stray K&N that was laying around. Also disconnected and capped the BOV recirc line to keep IAT's a bit lower too (and yes, more noise). Pulls much more linearly to redline now (nice tuning work via the fuel wire, Terry!), still need more kick though - chassis is too good. Let me know what you think on the log - cylinder-to-cylinder timing variation looks a little wide vs. some of the others I've seen, I definitely don't love our pump gas.

So, on that note, I finished the install on the WMI kit today as well - one plus of the underpowered 2.0T is that there's more room under the hood, so I mounted all of the main parts (and an old AEM 1 gallon reservoir) up on the driver's side where the second airbox normally sits on the 3.3TT. Came out well - the kit nozzle mount / MAP block fits / clears on the 2.0T nicely. Pics below - any questions, please let me know.

I could use some advice on starting points for the WMI settings specific to the 2.0T (and 6MT if there may be any "complications" vs the 8AT) - nozzle is the standard kit #10 currently, expecting that'll be a bit much for the 2.0T with a moderate boost additive to start with. Colder HKS plugs will be going in @ 0.026" once they get here, then the spraying will start.

This is technically the wife's daily, and it's a shared track / AX car for us - planning to see how far we can push it and still maintain the handling balance.

Thanks in advance!
Nice job. Care to share a pic of where the fuel wires go on the 2.0t?
(#2071)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2019, 09:35 AM

Normally pump has to be located below the fluid level for it to feed properly, and if the pump gets too hot, it can vapor lock. This setup may not work well.

But it's already installed so I guess test it out. For a 2L normally we'd suggest a BM7 nozzle. The JB4 WMI settings for the 2L are the same as for the 3.3L!

Burger Motorsports

(#2072)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 11:07 AM

2.0T fuel wire tap on the G70 below - copied the pin location (#2, white wire on the sensor side of the connector) from the Veloster N guys, it's a different color on this harness / sensor.
Attached Images

(#2073)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Normally pump has to be located below the fluid level for it to feed properly, and if the pump gets too hot, it can vapor lock. This setup may not work well.

But it's already installed so I guess test it out. For a 2L normally we'd suggest a BM7 nozzle. The JB4 WMI settings for the 2L are the same as for the 3.3L!
Thanks, Terry. Was concerned about priming, too, but it took all of about two seconds to fully prime and purge during setup. Checked flow out of the nozzle with it installed in the adapter too - good and no leaks. Really like the adapter - beats having to pipe tap the tube.

Set for Map 8, 0 boost add, 90 scaling, 8 PSI minimum, all else as defaults - will run it like this until the better plugs are in. (Edit - and I'll get a #7 nozzle on order)

Last edited by Big_Thumper; 04-21-2019 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Derailed train of thought...
(#2074)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-21-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Thumper
2.0T fuel wire tap on the G70 below - copied the pin location (#2, white wire on the sensor side of the connector) from the Veloster N guys, it's a different color on this harness / sensor.
Thanks for the image. Too bad there is no sleeve like the 3.3t to hide the puncture once taken off to go to the dealership.
(#2075)
Old

Default 04-22-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
Thanks for the image. Too bad there is no sleeve like the 3.3t to hide the puncture once taken off to go to the dealership.
There is - I pulled it back in the pictures. Pretty nice high-temp silicone-feeling sleeve with some fabric in it.