N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1976)
Old

Car: kia stinger 3.3tt awd
Default 04-05-2019, 02:34 PM

Hi terry, can you check out my logs to see if everything is running good? map 3, 93 oct + e85 mix. thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 18_06_30 Map-3.csv (66.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-31 23_22_25 Map-3.csv (67.4 KB, 29 views)
(#1977)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahhlosr7
Hi terry, can you check out my logs to see if everything is running good? map 3, 93 oct + e85 mix. thanks
Looks strong, no issues. Go kill some Q50s.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1978)
Old

Car: kia stinger 3.3tt awd
Default 04-06-2019, 07:03 AM

appreciate it thank you!
(#1979)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 04-06-2019, 01:12 PM

@Terry

A little LAP bird is claiming you're "spoofing IAT to get more boost" and how thats a bad idea...

What say you?
(#1980)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 02:29 PM

With the optional IAT wire we alter IAT for more or less boost, and more or less timing. Very useful adjsutment in some unique situations but not good for all situations.

Would need a link to Laps post to offer a more specific reply to their concerns.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1981)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 04-06-2019, 03:17 PM

Terry,

Can you check my logs for Map1 and Map2? Everything felt fine but wanted to validate.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-06 16_04_16_Map-1.csv (9.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-06 16_06_21_Map-1.csv (7.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-06 16_07_15_Map-2.csv (7.2 KB, 28 views)
(#1982)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserama
Terry,

Can you check my logs for Map1 and Map2? Everything felt fine but wanted to validate.

Thanks!
Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1983)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 04-07-2019, 05:06 AM

Can't you make the pops exhaust sound via JB4?
(#1984)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Default 04-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With the optional IAT wire we alter IAT for more or less boost, and more or less timing. Very useful adjsutment in some unique situations but not good for all situations.

Would need a link to Laps post to offer a more specific reply to their concerns.
Unfortunately, it was said in private chat. To be clear, it wasn’t David...just someone who thinks LAP is the only way, and tries to find anything wrong with you and your product. I do wish his concerns were expressed publicly so you could address them yourself. This is also the same person that said the JB4 doesn’t display accurate boost numbers because it reads it from the ecu.

But back to the OP, it was in regards to DaBears running a 12.1 with JB4; this LAP person was saying DaBears should’ve been faster given his mods, but then went on to say something about running 19psi, and what you’re doing with IAT is bad.
(#1985)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 04-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
..but then went on to say something...
That familiar sound of jealousy...
(#1986)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 04-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Can I get this log checked out? Getting hotter here in AZ and I want to make sure Map2 is looking good.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-07 16_54_30_Map-2.csv (274.2 KB, 34 views)
(#1987)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicGT2
Can I get this log checked out? Getting hotter here in AZ and I want to make sure Map2 is looking good.
Looks fine to me. A little timing movement but expected for the fuel and conditions.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1988)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 04-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Thanks Terry. Still doing better than if I was on Map1?
(#1989)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-08-2019, 08:03 AM

Terry, can you check this log, map2 93oct
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-05 15_54_41_Map-2.csv (9.6 KB, 26 views)
(#1990)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicGT2
Thanks Terry. Still doing better than if I was on Map1?
Yes I think so.

Burger Motorsports

(#1991)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstyle
Terry, can you check this log, map2 93oct
Octane to boost looks great. Boost is moving around a little bit, but nothing major. What mods?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1992)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 04-08-2019, 10:35 AM

I want to try boostane. I'm not getting a consistent reading when filling up with e85. What are the tips for boostane? I know theres a chart but how much do I out in for a full tank?
(#1993)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Default 04-08-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MekstingerGT
I want to try boostane. I'm not getting a consistent reading when filling up with e85. What are the tips for boostane? I know theres a chart but how much do I out in for a full tank?
Chart shows it all; depends on starting octane and desired octane.
(#1994)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Octane to boost looks great. Boost is moving around a little bit, but nothing major. What mods?
K&N intake, magnaflo exhaust. I adjusted stock plug gap to .25
(#1995)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 01:28 PM

OK probably fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#1996)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 18' Stinger GT2 blowout - 04-08-2019, 08:03 PM

I've had the JB4 installed for a few months now and everything worked perfectly. It wasn't until recently that I started having problems around 8-10 psi, the car starts blowing out. Once it gave me a check engine light with misfire code. I did a log and every time it happens, the app freezes and it stops logging at that point. Running the latest firmware and last updated app on iOS. Running Map1. Mods on the car are:

NGM Intakes
Borla Catback
SSR Midpipes
JB4/fuel wires

I've attached the last log. Can someone take a look at it and help me figure out what is up with it?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-08 20_17_06_Map-1.csv (34.1 KB, 43 views)
(#1997)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Common issue when plugs are faulty. What plugs and gap?

Burger Motorsports

(#1998)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM

I was hoping you said that. Using stock plugs gapped at .025. I did get some Densos 5346. Will install tomorrow for sure. Thanks @terry
(#1999)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Common issue when plugs are faulty. What plugs and gap?
What should I gap the Densos 5346 to? .026?
(#2000)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Default 04-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierican
What should I gap the Densos 5346 to? .026?