N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
So would this be what we need plus 3/4" heater hose?

Driver side coolant tank bracket http://www.precisionraceworks.com/in...&product_id=57

Coolant tank sensor extension http://www.precisionraceworks.com/in...&product_id=55

power steering tank bracket http://www.precisionraceworks.com/in...&product_id=60

Am I missing anything?
That is the gist of it if you want to use the OEM passenger side coolant reservoir on the driver side. Nothing will be quite as neat as using the 335d coolant reservoir, but this stuff above will get it done with your original reservoir about as nice as it can be expected to be done using a reservoir that was not designed for this side of the engine bay.

As for the harness, I'd almost rather just solder and heat shrink a couple leads though so you can ensure it is routed perfectly to your standards at the exact length need per your route. Fixed length harnesses such as this usually end up with some "slack" at the end which looks a bit less OEM IMO, or worse yet could be too short for the route chosen. Although it would install a bit quicker, considering we are talking only 2 leads I'd personally go the manual route.

On another note now that a charge pipe is available through CP-e (we have a silicone setup in the works as well), I suspect many who are most concerned with fit and finish under the hood will start dumping their OEM passenger side coolant reservoir for the 335d coolant reservoir making most of the stuff above no longer necessary. This said using any scrap metal in the interim to mount of the coolant reservoir would get you by.

We have now completed a coolant reservoir outlet adapter too, which will make plumbing them in a bit easier by not needing the OEM formed angle fittings that typically do not route properly.

In short- you could just wing it using standard home store junk like everyone has been doing for the past year or so until some nicer solutions come about in the near future... but this stuff will get it done nicely too using the OEM passenger side coolant reservoir.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 06-28-2016 at 09:34 AM..
(#77)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
That is the gist of it if you want to use the OEM passenger side coolant reservoir on the driver side. Nothing will be quite as neat as using the 335d coolant reservoir, but this stuff above will get it done with your original reservoir about as nice as it can be expected to be done using a reservoir that was not designed for this side of the engine bay.

As for the harness, I'd almost rather just solder and heat shrink a couple leads though so you can ensure it is routed perfectly to your standards at the exact length need per your route. Fixed length harnesses such as this usually end up with some "slack" at the end which looks a bit less OEM IMO, or worse yet could be too short for the route chosen. Although it would install a bit quicker, considering we are talking only 2 leads I'd personally go the manual route.

On another note now that a charge pipe is available through CP-e (we have a silicone setup in the works as well), I suspect many who are most concerned with fit and finish under the hood will start dumping their OEM passenger side coolant reservoir for the 335d coolant reservoir making most of the stuff above no longer necessary. This said using any scrap metal in the interim to mount of the coolant reservoir would get you by.

We have now completed a coolant reservoir outlet adapter too, which will make plumbing them in a bit easier by not needing the OEM formed angle fittings that typically do not route properly.

In short- you could just wing it using standard home store junk like everyone has been doing for the past year or so until some nicer solutions come about in the near future... but this stuff will get it done nicely too using the OEM passenger side coolant reservoir.

Rob
Yes, great points. In fact, since I posted the above Rob I decided::

-Order VRSF new CP (ETA august) that will allow for 335d reservoir
-Order RB's 335d kit (ETA ????) w/ outlet adapter
-Order RB PCV vent hose w/ extension
-Order RB single filter dual silicone inlets

This way it's not as much of a home depot hack job & will clean things up.
(#78)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-30-2016, 09:24 AM

i actually like this design alot. maybe ill swap out my TFT for this haha

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
@breakmywallet (instagram)
(#79)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Let me know. We are still selling them at the special price but they are sold out at the moment pending the arrival of one of the CNC adapters, however we should be back shipping mid-late next week.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#80)
Old

Default 06-30-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Let me know. We are still selling them at the special price but they are sold out at the moment pending the arrival of one of the CNC adapters, however we should be back shipping mid-late next week.

Rob
Has anyone got install photos in their cars? I can't find a single review on the install, how the customer likes it, etc.... Are you able to release the usernames of those that are running the kit by chance Rob?
(#81)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-30-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Has anyone got install photos in their cars? I can't find a single review on the install, how the customer likes it, etc.... Are you able to release the usernames of those that are running the kit by chance Rob?
We do not release customer information sorry about that. However here is a thread write up on one of the first installs a few months back:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38312

(#82)
Old

Default 07-20-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
We do not release customer information sorry about that. However here is a thread write up on one of the first installs a few months back:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38312
Awesome thanks Rob
(#83)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-20-2016, 06:11 PM

No problem. FYI these are back in stock now.

(#84)
Old

Default 09-30-2016, 11:59 PM

Hi rob are these still available? Wanna hook them up to a rhd 335.
(#85)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-01-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddart
Hi rob are these still available? Wanna hook them up to a rhd 335.
We are about 95% certain that these would not work on RHD cars. Sorry about that. I'd suggest checking into our OEM style RB High Flow Silicone Inlets.

(#86)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 07-09-2017, 06:52 PM

For what it's worth,

K&N pn RU-4710PK
This is the filter wrap that fits Rob's filter perfectly.

2010 135i auto, MHD E40 tune, Fuel-It stg 2 pump, best 1/4 mile 11.863 @ 119.17 mph
new mods this year, VRSF 5" stepped IC, RB EVO inlets, CP-e/Tial CP, 1320 **'s, xhp stg 3 trans tune, E-85 tune
Best 1/8 mile: 7.469 @ 98.56, 1.769 60'
Best 1/4 mile: 11.480 @ 121.79 1.802 60'