JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4901)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing_Red
Added about 4.5gal of E85 to my crappy 91oct. Timing on Map2 fixed itself, Map3 appeared to look good as well so I took a run at Map4 and the car seems to be running incredibly strong! Am I missing anything or would I be able to add a little more power in a custom map with my current fueling? Map4 log attached, Thanks!
Looks strong to me. You should be fine fuel pressure wise running 6 gallons E85, rest 91, for a little more octane insurance on map4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4902)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Cerato
I have a 1.6l turbo and I get timing corrections up to 9.5 across IGN 2 -3- 4 on all maps. I was told that on 1.6l turbo's the IGN values are different that on the stingers V6 platform.
The value I was told to look at in logs is IGN 1 and make sure there were no large drops (greater than 3.0) at any point (except shifts of course).
I am not sure if the 2.0l turbo platform is the same as the 1.6l turbo but it might be different than the stingers.
For the 1.6 models we report "raw timing" rather than corrections. So you'd been looking for cylinder specific deviations. Post up a log and I can see if its normal.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4903)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCizzler
Thanks for your input. That seems to make the most sense. Something is different about the Veloster. When I log just corrections, I see 4.5 every time on ign2-4. But when I log raw timing, I see no corrections at all. But looking back through some of my recent logs, if I look at ign1 as you suggested, timing numbers seem more appropriate for what is going on. As in which map I was running, or which octane.

I really appreciate your comment. It seems like ign2-4 just don't work properly on the veloster.
Post up a log and lets check it out. It's possible your model isn't recording that data properly. I should be able to tell from the log.

Burger Motorsports

(#4904)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 05-21-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Post up a log and lets check it out. It's possible your model isn't recording that data properly. I should be able to tell from the log.
Thanks Terry. Here are 2 short logs. 2020 Veloster N nonPP

Notice in the corrections file, it's 3.8 and 4.5 but in the raw file it doesn't look to me like ANY timing pulls. These are both map 0 with about an e25 mix.

These logs are short and to the point. I have longer pulls but they're just messier and show the same thing. Also, I've done logs on map0,1,2, and 8 valet mode. They all show the same "corrections".
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map0 corrections.csv (12.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv Map0 raw timing.csv (52.9 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by tCizzler; 05-21-2022 at 11:04 AM..
(#4905)
Old

Default 05-27-2022, 08:57 AM

^^^ bump
(#4906)
Old

Car: stinger gt awd
Default The methane is not coming out properly - 06-05-2022, 06:10 AM

Attach injection volume rise and fall logs

What's the cause?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R7_220604_0139.csv (120.7 KB, 22 views)
(#4907)
Old

Car: 2020 KIA Forte GT DCT
Default Log Check - 06-07-2022, 06:18 AM

Hello,

Does this map 3 log look okay? it was a bit slippery so I'm sure the log isn't the best.

P21_M3_R1_220604_0515.csv

Thanks for any help!

Ben

2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
(#4908)
Old

Default 06-07-2022, 07:03 AM

Also, on the user settings. Should I adjust boost safety higher than 24? and change the FUA to 3? AND lol..disable fuel control? I have the fuel wire hooked up but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have.

Thanks!

Ben
(#4909)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck awd korea
Attach injection volume rise and fall logs

What's the cause?
Photo of tank setup? Maybe cap is not venting properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#4910)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmari1974
Hello,

Does this map 3 log look okay? it was a bit slippery so I'm sure the log isn't the best.

Attachment 106661

Thanks for any help!

Ben

2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
To evaluate logs we'd really need 40-90mph full throttle on a safe private track. These runs are too short to see much.

Burger Motorsports

(#4911)
Old

Default 06-07-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
To evaluate logs we'd really need 40-90mph full throttle on a safe private track. These runs are too short to see much.
Okay, I'll see if I can get that.

Thanks!
(#4912)
Old

Default 06-07-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
AND... disable fuel control? I have the fuel wire hooked up but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have.

Thanks!

Ben
Why do you think you shouldn't have the fuel wire hooked up?
(#4913)
Old

Default 06-07-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCizzler
Why do you think you shouldn't have the fuel wire hooked up?
I read that there's not much benefit to using them on the 1.6L engines and I think using them had caused some "weird" fuel spikes on someone else's car. See post #3768 and the next few after on this thread. I may have just read that wrong so don't take my word for it since I know nothing about this tuner aside from what I've read on here lol.
(#4914)
Old

Default 06-07-2022, 05:37 PM

Oh ok. That makes sense, I wasn't thinking the 1.6t
(#4915)
Old

Car: GENESIS G70 3.3T Dynamic
Default JB4 log G70 3.3T - 06-08-2022, 05:16 PM

hello all, wanted to see if someone can check out my logs. Genesis g70 3.3t. Currently running HKS plugs gapped to .022 and intakes on 93 Map 2. Car felt great and ready to run e-30. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R4_220608_1907.csv (197.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Kirby80; 06-08-2022 at 05:23 PM..
(#4916)
Old

Default Log Check - 06-09-2022, 05:15 AM

Hey Terry,

Here's a better log.

P21_M3_R2_220609_0733.csv

Thanks!

B
(#4917)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 06-09-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I read that there's not much benefit to using them on the 1.6L engines and I think using them had caused some "weird" fuel spikes on someone else's car. See post #3768 and the next few after on this thread. I may have just read that wrong so don't take my word for it since I know nothing about this tuner aside from what I've read on here lol.
Fuel spikes?????

I highly recommend connecting the fuel wire period.

1) The car runs rich on pump gas, this compromises power at high rpm.

2) You need it to run ethanol blends among other things, also to keep the air-fuel ratio in-line for water methanol injection.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Rev9 Coilovers Corner Balanced & Aligned

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4918)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster N
Default 06-09-2022, 08:32 PM

tCizzler I just hooked up my jb4 (2019 fbo VNPP) today, I will be doing my initial logs tomorrow on map zero. I will be looking trough them very closely and will post them to be looked at. Also would full 1/4 logs (with cooldown area) be too much to look at on here?

Last edited by Blackandgold_N; 06-10-2022 at 08:08 AM..
(#4919)
Old

Default log for map0 VN - 06-10-2022, 08:14 AM

Attached is log for map zero pull as tCizzler was saying the car has a timing scale that seems to be very consistent, I did a few pulls and they where all within 4 or 5 percent of each other so instead of posting all of them I'm just going to attach the longest one. Forgot to add car is on 93 with 3.5 gallons of a pretty regularly tested e85 site that has 80%-91% ethanol.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 6-10-22.csv (16.3 KB, 17 views)
(#4920)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 08:44 AM

The purity of the Ethanol is meaningless at this level of modification.

Two things -

Always pump the E85 first, the pump is at the bottom of the tank.

Always start from Map 1 with any change in fuel. You are working with the adaptives in the PCM not against them, it will take longer to get the timing values up if you change fuel and then turn it up to a map that is too aggressive for pump gas.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
(#4921)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 09:09 AM

I always pump the ethanol first just to get a better mix. I also try for the purer e85 mixes mainly because alot of places near me with their flex fuel is 45%-55% ethanol and it throws off the mixes ever so slightly. And this was map0 on a fresh install for checking that everything was looking good.
(#4922)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 09:40 AM

97% of the benefits come from 20% blends.

How is purity below 70% throwing things off?

Standard blend would be based on a 14 gallon tank like in my Forte GT is 3.5 gallons and the rest 91.

The car runs the same if other conditions remain the same.

The car does run better with Sunoco GT-260+ by as much as a tenth, maybe more.

But that is because it's superior to pump gas E85 and any blend you can make on your own.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
(#4923)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 10:33 AM

So just because I have safety and purity preferences you want to try and act like you know more about fuel blends than me? I only came here for positive information and log verification. If I was so inclined I would convert the whole system for m1 and get a motec. Do you assume I know nothing?
(#4924)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold_N
So just because I have safety and purity preferences you want to try and act like you know more about fuel blends than me? I only came here for positive information and log verification. If I was so inclined I would convert the whole system for m1 and get a motec. Do you assume I know nothing?
I can read your logs, not an issue.

My point was, don't worry about it. 3-3.5 gallons and go.

It won't make a difference at this level of modification.

Why convert to MoTec and run M1 when you can run M5 or better yet 50% Methanol and 50% Nitromethane?

My suggestion is positive, where is it negative????

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
(#4925)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 10:44 AM

Finally, I will say this one more time.

Nobody and I mean nobody has done more dyno and fuel testing than me, including you.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103