JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default Help!! - 05-06-2022, 02:22 PM

Hi
I've tried to understand how to read and understand logs, but the more I try to understand, the further I find myself confused.

Scenario, I recently purchased a 2022 G70 3.3T RWD and immediately bought and installed the 450hp kit from Burger Motorsports.

I installed everything in the kit outside of the Oil catch can ( which I will do this weekend) and did a muffler delete with resonators. I'm Still awaiting my ARK secondary pipes.

- Denso spark plugs gapped to 0.22
- BMS Dual intake with heat shields.
- JB4 tuner + fuel wires
- Catback - muffler delete.

Long story short, I was informed to upload my logs to see if they look right or if I'm heading toward a catastrophic failure.

Additionally, since I live in good ole California, the option of 93 octane is not an option. So I substituted this with 6.3 gallons of 91 and 2.7 gallons of E85
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R6_220506_1229.csv (97.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv P21_M4_R5_220506_1304.csv (31.6 KB, 13 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 05-06-2022, 03:38 PM

Surprisingly both logs look good even with 91 as a base fuel, very rare for Map3 and 4. You got balls, LOL. Plugging that stuff up and going full send! LOL
I don't have time to break down the whole log and explain but everything looks normal. Good to go..
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2022, 04:25 PM

+1... Next time pump in 5-6 gallons of E85 for full octane effect.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 05-07-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Surprisingly both logs look good even with 91 as a base fuel, very rare for Map3 and 4. You got balls, LOL. Plugging that stuff up and going full send! LOL
I don't have time to break down the whole log and explain but everything looks normal. Good to go..
It's not rare at all.

As I've said, Terry has said and tuners in California have said we'll put up our high quality Top Tier 91 octane against any of the poorly refined 93 seen around the country at mom and pop/smaller franchise stations.

I regard BP or Shell as the best 91/93 octane out there.

Also E85 mask bad gas. But you are right, the core or base stock of fuel makes a difference that is why Sunoco GT-260 + even with smaller concentration of E85 but it made with a better base fuel makes more power than any ethanol blend you can get from a in-ground pump.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Rev9 Coilovers Corner Balanced & Aligned

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#5)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 05-07-2022, 08:09 PM

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Glad Im not showing any standout issues!!

As you guys have recommended, Ill add more E85 to my mix to ensure that the octane is high enough!

Thanks again