N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i M-Sport Sedan
Default Interesting AFRs -with some log info - 10-15-2020, 02:31 PM

To start; This is for a 2008 m sport sedan with stock turbos (relatively new) ER charpipe, tial BOV, JB4 G5

I've been off the road for a while now and I'm trying to bring my n54 back to life, its been sitting a bit, but id run it around the block every now and then.

Running lean.

I'm getting some hard 20 AFRs on bank2, but not under load, or idle.

The O2 Sensor is throwing CEL

2CAA
2CA6

30 seconds after the car turns on; which leads me to believe its a simple pre *** O2.
BUT, why does the AFR2 values return to normal after tapping either the brake or gas, and only return to 20 while no throttle in gear and the AFR1 is around 16?

When the AFRs return to regular the AFR2 becomes ever so slightly richer than AFR1. (instantly upon any tap of gas or brake)

Its tough for me get a good WOT log around my area as police are in abundance but i will be uploading a regular push log asap.

High loads which shouldnt be done really... like a WOT in 4th while not going that fast will throw a half yellow engine limp and jb4 into safety. Possible boost leak; boost under target.

I'm not very knowledgable at the moment as I am recovering from some health issues and don't have the time required to do the proper research expected before posting, so go easy on me.

Thanks guys.

Is the log of any use to you? its not the best example but it can show what i'm talking about.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-10-14 16_27_36.csv (6.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2020-10-16 10_33_33.csv (21.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by turtlebeams; 10-16-2020 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: attachment