N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1301)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 08-25-2014, 11:50 AM

Hey Terry, with Map 5 up and running, do I still need to adjust the open loop setting when running E85 with my Flex Fuel connector or do I just set it back to 0 and let the Jb4 autotune? Thanks.

2011 335is JB4- Gone

2013 F30 335i M-Sport JB4
(#1302)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 12:01 PM

Open loop does not adjust itself on the N55 and should be left at 50 or 60.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1303)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the update.
(#1304)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM

2.8 logs

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1305)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 04:32 PM

FF is still too high and learning down. I'd just lower it to say 80 to speed that process up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1306)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM

ok mate !! you want more data ? im at the track !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
FF is still too high and learning down. I'd just lower it to say 80 to speed that process up.

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1307)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 04:37 PM

Sure! Timing seems solid. Can't hurt to take a run on map 7 just for a datapoint. I'd raise open loop to 60 also.

Burger Motorsports

(#1308)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Map 2 2.8 lowered FF to 80 forgot to turn traction control off in one
Quote:
Sure! Timing seems solid. Can't hurt to take a run on map 7 just for a datapoint. I'd raise open loop to 60 also.

(#1309)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 04:47 PM

Still needs to go lower. Maybe 55.

Burger Motorsports

(#1310)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 04:59 PM

2.8 map 7 open loop 60 no traction !! i raised failsafe to 19
Quote:
Still needs to go lower. Maybe 55.

(#1311)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 05:02 PM

I don't think that setup will work well with colder weather but with the current weather and fuel mix seems OK for track use.

For now I'd lower FF to 50 to further speed up wastegate adaption. I'd also raise the boost safety to 20psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#1312)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM

i will lower ff to 50 and go back to map 2 until further notice !! car was happy enough tho on map 7
Quote:
I don't think that setup will work well with colder weather but with the current weather and fuel mix seems OK for track use.

For now I'd lower FF to 50 to further speed up wastegate adaption. I'd also raise the boost safety to 20psi.

(#1313)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 05:13 PM

BTW throttle is very good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddy74
i will lower ff to 50 and go back to map 2 until further notice !! car was happy enough tho on map 7

(#1314)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
If you're doing 1/4 mile runs I'd be interested to know how much MPH on average map 7 is adding to your trap speeds vs. map 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#1315)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Terry, can you tell us how you know when to raise or lower the FF parameter? Or is this top secret?
(#1316)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 05:27 PM

It's just basic tuning. If PWM is above FF it's too low. If PWM is below FF it's too high. The JB4 adjusts it on its own provided the dynamically computed FF curve is a good fit for the situation.

Burger Motorsports

(#1317)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 05:36 PM

i will run some vbox testing and advise results
Quote:
If you're doing 1/4 mile runs I'd be interested to know how much MPH on average map 7 is adding to your trap speeds vs. map 2.

(#1318)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 08-25-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
It's just basic tuning. If PWM is above FF it's too low. If PWM is below FF it's too high. The JB4 adjusts it on its own provided the dynamically computed FF curve is a good fit for the situation.
I see. Thanks for sharing.
(#1319)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
i will run some vbox testing and advise results
Thanks. Try to get some long runs too so we can see if boost spikes in higher gears as IAT goes up. If so I have a fix for that.

Burger Motorsports

(#1320)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 10:51 PM

HI T , I ran out of time to test map 7 but Vboxed Map 2 : Im having a heap of drama's getting off the line too much

0-100 4.61
0-400 12.43 @ 118mph
80-120 1.7
120-170 5.8

More testing to come !
Quote:
Thanks. Try to get some long runs too so we can see if boost spikes in higher gears as IAT goes up. If so I have a fix for that.

(#1321)
Old

Car: 2014 335xi
Default 08-26-2014, 07:58 AM

What fuel are you running with map 7?
(#1322)
Old

Default 08-26-2014, 02:24 PM

BP98 and 20% E85 which is about 10L to a tank. I only tested map 7 for one run but must admit the car did like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostchili
What fuel are you running with map 7?

Last edited by Chaddy74; 08-26-2014 at 02:39 PM..
(#1323)
Old

Default 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
BP98 and 20% E85 which is about 10L to a tank. I only tested map 7 for one run but must admit the car did like it
My car feels like it likes it but apparently runs lean.
(#1324)
Old

Default 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM

So what settings are we changing when we run the new firmware? Or is that still being determined?
(#1325)
Old

Default 08-27-2014, 07:13 AM

Post a log file ? I want to have a look at your timing values on Map 7 also
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostchili
My car feels like it likes it but apparently runs lean.