N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4701)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 12-24-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
iOS has a few extra themes over the Android version.

Yea, I'm a bit buried in projects so I don't frequent here as much. We're adding in a new member to help manage the social/community side of things so expect some info on that after the start of the year.

My direct email address is: support3@jb4connectkit.com

Believe we've resolved this via email, but for forum reference this was a bug with one of the last Android update for some devices when trying to update the PIN field. This is now resolved in the current public release (Build A259 or newer).

Email into support (if you haven't already) and we'll help you resolve it.

That indicates an issue with your email setup with the default Mail.app. Double check that you're able to send and receive emails using the default Mail.app. Email into support3@jb4connectkit.com if that doesn't resolve it.

We're always releasing updates to JB4 Mobile via Apple's App Store and Google Play so be sure to check the update page to keep up with what's new.
I emailed you to please help me, thanks.
(#4702)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 01-09-2019, 12:55 PM

My JB4 mobile smartphone app does not appear to be functioning right, non of the dials seem to be monitoring my vehicle once the app is connected to the vehicle.

The car is connected to Map 1, however nothing else seem to indicate that the vehicle is aligned (rpm dial, etc).

Can someone help me please???
(#4703)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM

My JB4 mobile smartphone app does not appear to be functioning right, non of the dials seem to be monitoring my vehicle once the app is connected to the vehicle.

The car is connected to Map 1, however nothing else seem to indicate that the vehicle is aligned (rpm dial, etc).

(#4704)
Old

Car: F31 320i
Default 01-11-2019, 02:22 AM

Hi,

A question is that I can't find which gauge is for exhaust temp on JB4 App? or is there exhaust temp gauge can be display by app?

Thanks,
Davis
(#4705)
Old

Car: M5
Default No Bluetooth Connectivity to Server - 01-21-2019, 04:13 PM

Anyone else experiencing this?
I get the following message:

ERROR
Network/Server error.
(#4706)
Old

Car: N54 335i
Default 01-28-2019, 02:07 AM

Trying to send a csv file but says “no mail accounts” I’ve logged in and out my email address there. What else do I need to do?
(#4707)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 02-13-2019, 09:00 PM

Any chance for more gauge themes on the app?

09 135I MT jb4 g5/MHD Trebila backend Frankenturbo F21 FBO, PI, stage 3 lpfp, full E85, Quaife LSD
(#4708)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-13-2019, 09:43 PM

Gotta vent here, but I think the newer-ish version of the app brink an incredibly high level of BS.

I use the JB4 app often to troubleshoot my customer's car when they have issues with their JB4. Now with new version in the last few months, came that bull**** account thing. I was like, seriously ? another account with an associated email somewhere in the clouds that gonna get hacked and leaked... plus the app is already linked thru google to my gmail account so anyway...

So I get a customer with an iphone with a cracked up screen that work like crap and the bluetooth adapter... no problem I thought, let me pick up my android tablet...

Try to connect to his car and I get an error... find out you have to link the bluetooth adapter to the account. It cannot work with more than 1 at the time

Like, seriously how uninportant is that ?

2008 135i 6MT | JB4 G5 | Back end flash | 30% E85 | Afe S2 DCI | VRSF ********* ** | N55 Mids | BMW PE | 335is clutch | 255 RE-71R | Forge DV | 2STEP relay |
(#4709)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-17-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksting247

Pretty sure we resolved this via email already, but just in case, email into support@jb4connectkit.com.

This was likely an issue with your OBDII/CANbus wire installation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.Kuo
Hi,

A question is that I can't find which gauge is for exhaust temp on JB4 App? or is there exhaust temp gauge can be display by app?

Thanks,
Davis
No exhaust temp gauge to my knowledge. IAT, Oil, Water, and Trans temp are the ones supported at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM

ERROR
Network/Server error.
Means there is an issue with your current network connecting to my server. Simply try another network (wifi hotspot, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2SYY
Trying to send a csv file but says “no mail accounts” I’ve logged in and out my email address there. What else do I need to do?
Sign into an email account using the default Mail.app on your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKram
Any chance for more gauge themes on the app?
Yep! We can start a thread to get opinions on what kind of theme you all would like next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj
Gotta vent here, but I think the newer-ish version of the app brink an incredibly high level of BS.

I use the JB4 app often to troubleshoot my customer's car when they have issues with their JB4. Now with new version in the last few months, came that bull**** account thing. I was like, seriously ? another account with an associated email somewhere in the clouds that gonna get hacked and leaked... plus the app is already linked thru google to my gmail account so anyway...

So I get a customer with an iphone with a cracked up screen that work like crap and the bluetooth adapter... no problem I thought, let me pick up my android tablet...

Try to connect to his car and I get an error... find out you have to link the bluetooth adapter to the account. It cannot work with more than 1 at the time

Seeing as nearly every single online service requires an account, I don't understand the hostility towards this one.

Yes, each kit is linked to a specific account. That's a security measure to keep customers safe.

If you are a shop owner, you can email me to hear about shop-specific options regarding this.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4710)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 02-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Anyone on Android 9 (pie) have issues connecting to the adapter? I've tried wiping all traces of the mobile app, including deleting app data and cache and traces on the sdcard/internal storage.

I'm on the lastest beta, and it just attempts 5 handshakes and fails. Trying to connect directly through settings and Bluetooth, once I enter the default 1234, it doesn't do anything... Just goes back to the Bluetooth connect list.

Edit: I've already emailed official support.

2011 535i M-Sport - MHD Stage 2+ BEF w/ JB4 (logging), xHP Stage 3, BMS Intake, FMIC, ER Chargepipe, RM Motors catted d/p, Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust
(#4711)
Old

Car: 2017 Golf R
Default 03-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj

I, too, am receiving as issue when trying to connect to the JB4 unit I purchased (used) from another member. I sent an email to support (as the error states). I am new member to the forum and the JB4 (Golf R).

Perhaps there should be note in the instructions to for user to de-register their BT from the JB4 unit if no longer in use. I think the frustrating part is paying an extra $27.00 for the app and finding out you cannot use it. However, I am confident my issue will be rectified soon.
(#4712)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokumaryu76
I, too, am receiving as issue when trying to connect to the JB4 unit I purchased (used) from another member. I sent an email to support (as the error states). I am new member to the forum and the JB4 (Golf R).

Perhaps there should be note in the instructions to for user to de-register their BT from the JB4 unit if no longer in use. I think the frustrating part is paying an extra $27.00 for the app and finding out you cannot use it. However, I am confident my issue will be rectified soon.
This is part of the process when buying a used unit vs a new one. Just follow the on-screen instructions and all will be taken care of.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4713)
Old

Car: 2017 Golf R
Default 03-10-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
This is part of the process when buying a used unit vs a new one. Just follow the on-screen instructions and all will be taken care of.

I am patient. Besides I am enjoying the Map1 on the Golf R. It is dramatically faster in pick up.

(#4714)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default No connect - 03-10-2019, 08:09 PM

Trying to figure out why I can not connect my iPhone 8 to my OLDER jb4 connect kit when I click connect it just says no devices found the data cable going from the jb4 to globe box is good as I use my laptop but when I plug that into the connect kit nothing... 09 e90 bmw
(#4715)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 03-21-2019, 03:37 PM

I was wondering if there was a certain procedure you have to follow when unlinking a phone from the JB4 system?
(#4716)
Old

Car: bmw x1
Default 03-24-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM

ERROR
Network/Server error.
Yes. Started today. Noticed I was not logged in. App didn't do anything when I did log in. This was even before I updated to the new version of the app. After update, didn't fix things. FIX: uninstalled the app and reinstalled in from Apple Appstore. Log in. Then connect. Re-saved my settings.
(#4717)
Old
*Rollin 3rd*

Car: E93 335i
Default 03-24-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Yes. Started today. Noticed I was not logged in. App didn't do anything when I did log in. This was even before I updated to the new version of the app. After update, didn't fix things. FIX: uninstalled the app and reinstalled in from Apple Appstore. Log in. Then connect. Re-saved my settings.

Thank you!
Got mine running again too
(#4718)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 03-28-2019, 09:06 PM

Hello. App suggestion. So I just recently got the BMS WMI kit for the Infiniti Q50. The “Meth” gauge, it would be great if it slowed down like how the “Boost” gauge fades and a double tap will show max boost. The meth gauge is very important to know if everything is functioning correctly especially if it hits 100 at wot or below 50 when something is wrong. Thanks.
(#4719)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 03-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Quick question is there ANY differences as far as your android or apple JB4 app for the 335i? is the Apple one full of features and other things while the android one lacks some or are they exactly the same?

I ask because I bought the bluetooth kit and I'm trying to decide if I should get an android tablet or an iPad? Are the gauges the same on both android/apple apps?

I would like to get the MHD BEF so I was leaning towards an android tablet to kill 2 bird in one stone so that I would flash the BEF but use the JB4 bluetooth features on the android tablet.
(#4720)
Old

Car: 2011 335is e93
Default 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM

I'm currently a user of JB4 Mobile Connect for my N54 on iOS. Love it.

Question: I recently purchased an android tablet for MHD flashing reasons. Since I've already purchased the app on iOS, is there a way to download the Android version for free, or will I need to purchase again separately?

Thanks.
(#4721)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 04-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Does the boost gauge work on IOS? When I go full throttle it reads less than 1.
(#4722)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 04-14-2019, 12:05 PM

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?
Attached Images

(#4723)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 04-14-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Hello. App suggestion. So I just recently got the BMS WMI kit for the Infiniti Q50. The “Meth” gauge, it would be great if it slowed down like how the “Boost” gauge fades and a double tap will show max boost. The meth gauge is very important to know if everything is functioning correctly especially if it hits 100 at wot or below 50 when something is wrong. Thanks.
Yup. Exactly what I requested in the past. Would like to see this so I don’t have to stare at the meth gauge.
(#4724)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 04-24-2019, 06:13 PM

I installed the JB4 and wireless connect kit on my W212 E400 today but cannot seem to connect via a Galaxy Note 9 (android 9.0) or a Galaxy S8 (android 8.0) The blue power line was looped back to the wiring harness to (presumably) give it power as outlined in the following video ( JB4 Mobile How To - YouTube ).

Unfortunately, I can't pair either phone using the app downloaded from the play store. I've enabled it full access to read media/files and location access (listed as a prerequisite), but it fails when I attempt to connect with the following error:
"No devices found during scan. Ensure you've enabled location services for JB4 Mobile from the settings app on this device. Android requires this service for scanning".

* I'm successfully registered and logged in
* The app version is listed as A264
* I've tried restarting bluetooth/wifi and rebooting both phones
* I've disconnected my phone from the car's bluetooth (phone and media)
* I've cleared the data on the app and tried again
* I cannot set it to Rev 3 in the settings prior to attempting to connect as I don't see that option in the latest version of the app
* The wireless connect kit was purchased from the BMS Amazon store on Amazon, the JB4 itself was purchased directly from BMS
* I cannot even see a bluetooth device when I scan from either phone

At this point, I'm unsure how to troubleshoot it or even confirm that there is power getting to the wireless connect kit (to ensure it's not faulty). Any ideas on what my next steps may be? I'll email the support inbox in a couple of days if I can't figure it out here first.

EDIT: Ignore the above. The power connection was not properly made (dull end of the Positap was incorrectly inserted). Redid the with the proper end and now I'm able to connect and log. Now to find the latest firmware ;-)

Last edited by DubVBenz; 04-25-2019 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Pays to watch the video more closely
(#4725)
Old

Car: 09 335xi FBO
Default 05-04-2019, 03:51 PM

I’m curious, my boost gauge is always at 0.0, is it supposed to show vacuum?