N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4501)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
... Try disconnecting the OTG cable completely before trying to connect, then attach the OTG cable to the phone prior to attaching the serial cable to the OTG cable. "Serial port not available" means your phone doesn't see the serial cable at all.
That did it! Thank you, doing it this way seems to work every time. Kind of a PITA to use this procedure vs it just “working” automatically, but at this point I’m not complaining. Hehehe

// Radar //

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#4502)
Old

Car: 09 E92 N54
Default 02-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Are there any new gauge themes coming up? Right now we have two options, original looks like from Saturn V and the other would suite GT-R's and Supras but I wish for something matching our stock gauges. Black background with orange stock looking gauges would be so sweet!

Freude am Fahren
(#4503)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_MTL
Hi,

Since the latest JB4 App update (Version 2.3.1) that updated the UI and allowed support on the IPhone X I have some issue with the aspect ratio beeing changed on my IPhone 7 plus. The bottom gauge seem stretched and the numbers are now very small. I attached a picture of what it looks like on my screen.

Link to screenshot since I seem to have issue to attach it in the post.

https://imgur.com/a/FQYTy

IPhone 7 plus
Currently running 11.2 (didnt tried to update the phone to see if this could resolve issue)
On the list for the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
Just updated the iOS version on my iPad mini. Looks great. I can finally see the settings page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko1993
I’m having issues with the jb4 app I bought today on my android tablet. When I try to connect it keeps saying no device found during scan make sure you location service is enabled. Which it is I’ve tried everything else I know but no luck.
Table is a Asus memo pad 7
Android 5.1.1
Email support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
That did it! Thank you, doing it this way seems to work every time. Kind of a PITA to use this procedure vs it just “working” automatically, but at this point I’m not complaining. Hehehe

// Radar //
Not a thing I can do about that unfortunately. Has something to do with the way some Android devices enumerate a USB device before it's ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas
Are there any new gauge themes coming up? Right now we have two options, original looks like from Saturn V and the other would suite GT-R's and Supras but I wish for something matching our stock gauges. Black background with orange stock looking gauges would be so sweet!
No new themes planned at this time. On one of them you can change the fill color to "Amber" to sort of match the car's internal LED colors.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4504)
Old

Car: 2015 M3 F80
Default 02-10-2018, 10:50 PM

How do I get my JB4 app to log while running in the background? I cannot seem to get my JB4 to log while I have my Dragy up recording my runs. And vice versa. I cannot record my runs on the Dragy if I have the JB4 app up logging.

And yes, I'm connected to all at the same time. JB4, Dragy, and the car's BT.
(#4505)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default jb4 moblie ethanol setup - 02-12-2018, 05:00 AM

Sorry I am new to the group. I have been running a jb4 on my 2008 n54 for about a year now. I would like to try E85 but I had a question about the moblie ISO APP “ethanol setup” under WMI. Like the jb4 2/3 flex fuel and DTML flex fuel as well as the other settings in this section. Could someone please point be in the direction of where I can find the explanation of these?
(#4506)
Old

Car: F10 550i X-drive
Default 02-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before but how do you get a hex file opened from a email to the JB4 connect app.

F80 AW M3 FBO/JB4 Stage 3/BMS Meth Kit/Pure Stage 2
(#4507)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550xi
Default 02-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly550xi
So we do have to 0-60mph time feature and 1/4 miles as well with this jb4 connect kit correct? Reason being is that I see the 0-60mph under speed timing in settings...but it doesn't work when I start a log. Saw a video somewhere of someone having a 1/4 mile feature but probably a different version? I have rev3
iOS or Android?

IOS
(#4508)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-13-2018, 02:53 PM

I am sure this has been answered, i just couldnt find it.

Do the jb4 in dash gauge options and in dash boost gauge via the JB4
still work with the bluetooth connected and connected to the phone?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#4509)
Old

Car: 2015 M3 F80
Default 02-13-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudVIII
Sorry if this has been posted before but how do you get a hex file opened from a email to the JB4 connect app.
On Android, I download it from the email. Then I click the downloaded hex file and choose JB4 to open it. This will add it to the Firmware section in settings. Then when you're in Firmware menu, tap the Green downward arrow and you should see the hex file there, ready to update.
(#4510)
Old
Legend

Default 02-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1J
How do I get my JB4 app to log while running in the background? I cannot seem to get my JB4 to log while I have my Dragy up recording my runs. And vice versa. I cannot record my runs on the Dragy if I have the JB4 app up logging.

And yes, I'm connected to all at the same time. JB4, Dragy, and the car's BT.
iOS or Android? What app build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpiersonjr1
Sorry I am new to the group. I have been running a jb4 on my 2008 n54 for about a year now. I would like to try E85 but I had a question about the moblie ISO APP “ethanol setup” under WMI. Like the jb4 2/3 flex fuel and DTML flex fuel as well as the other settings in this section. Could someone please point be in the direction of where I can find the explanation of these?
Make a post in the support section on this forum and someone will point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudVIII
VF-1J (above this post) is correct for Android.

iOS - Tap the hex file then tap the JB4 Mobile icon that appears (you may need to scroll to find it).

Quote:
Quote:
So we do have to 0-60mph time feature and 1/4 miles as well with this jb4 connect kit correct? Reason being is that I see the 0-60mph under speed timing in settings...but it doesn't work when I start a log. Saw a video somewhere of someone having a 1/4 mile feature but probably a different version? I have rev3
iOS or Android?

IOS
A version is enabled on the iOS version, but not Android.

I'm in the middle of adding functionality that will calculate 0-60 from JB4 logs (for engine types that support the speed output). 1/4 will be going away permanently (for iOS and Android) as that relies on the phone's GPS which has a terrible refresh rate of 1hz and is not that accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
I am sure this has been answered, i just couldnt find it.

Do the jb4 in dash gauge options and in dash boost gauge via the JB4
still work with the bluetooth connected and connected to the phone?
Some stuff is engine type dependent, but everything works while connected on my N54 car. I know the BC functionality on some F Series cars doesn't work while connected.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4511)
Old

Car: M4 F82
Default 02-17-2018, 03:41 AM

Device iPhone X
Engine type: S55 F82
App build: 8052
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version: 4/16//5
Problem experienced:
1)Cant email the logs from the application? tried different emails including myself but nothing is going out.
2)Whats the default user settings I should put?
(#4512)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 02-22-2018, 09:08 AM

I have been experiencing disconnection from JB4 bluetooth while driving ( cruising ) happens sometimes after few minutes of driving sometimes after 20minutes. I can immediately connect back again though. I didn't experience this before updating the latest Android app version.

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#4513)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default Perpetual validation of settings on Android 8.0 - 02-23-2018, 02:54 AM

Nokia 6
Android 8.0
A217 JB4 mobile app.

After a few minutes if operation it decides to validate setting's. Never stops. App is non responsive from there but behind the notification it's still measuring and displays the usual info.

What to do besides rebooting phone all the ****ing time?
(#4514)
Old
Legend

Default 02-24-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharaf
Device iPhone X
Engine type: S55 F82
App build: 8052
JB4 Firmware Version: 4/16//5
Problem experienced:
1)Cant email the logs from the application? tried different emails including myself but nothing is going out.
2)Whats the default user settings I should put?
No issues on this end as far as emailing (same OS version and device). Are you able to send regular emails and ensure they are going out? As far as the default settings, you'll need to find the sticky'd thread for your engine type. They should be listed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait
I have been experiencing disconnection from JB4 bluetooth while driving ( cruising ) happens sometimes after few minutes of driving sometimes after 20minutes. I can immediately connect back again though. I didn't experience this before updating the latest Android app version.
Do you have disconnect on backgrounding enabled? Auto-connect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanjoe
Nokia 6
Android 8.0
A217 JB4 mobile app.

After a few minutes if operation it decides to validate setting's. Never stops. App is non responsive from there but behind the notification it's still measuring and displays the usual info.

What to do besides rebooting phone all the ****ing time?
Working with you via email.

(#4515)
Old
Legend

Default 02-24-2018, 10:30 AM

Expect another round of updates in the next 1-2 weeks.

(#4516)
Old

Car: f30 ps2 335i
Default Lost a few signals after updating - 02-26-2018, 10:13 PM

Problem solved, but leaving this post here for others in case they are trying to figure out a similar issue. I put the JB4 in map 0 while breaking in a new engine and apparently that cuts most CAN BUS communication. I'll test this theory soon!

lg v20
Android 7.0
A217 JB4 mobile app
2013 f30 335i
JB4 rev3
firmware 16/5//3

After the latest app update (which I believe happened automatically, near the end of January), I no longer get display results for ethanol content (which is now labeled as e85), trans temp, water temp, or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp used to display, but clearly don't any longer. I noticed there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I don't know what settings I should be using. I get meth readings of 7 and 8 during logging, but I don't have/nor have ever had a methanol system. Are there some settings I need to change? The only thing outside of this software update that I've done was to change the Rev3 kit's power source from 12v to 5v to stop the dreaded "short circuit to b-" code (which changing power source did correct!). I haven't updated the firmware of my JB4 ever (at least not knowingly) because it worked well and all of my PI settings were standing strong. I'm not sure if this impacts anything?

Log csv attached

Last edited by listed5; 02-26-2018 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Updated with resolution!!!
(#4517)
Old

Car: M5
Default JB4 App won't let me email my logs - 02-28-2018, 09:50 AM

Device: iPhone 8
Engine type: S63tu F-Series
App build: JB4 iOS 8052
JB4 Firmware Version: V2_2_1_T5
Problem experienced:

Logged in appropriately, then I go to email a log and it keeps giving me this error:

"No Mail Accounts"
"Please set up a Mail account in order to send email."

I thought I had already setup an email account before. How do I set up another one? This is not transparent on the JB4 Mobile App. Additionally when I go to View Account Settings, all it shows me is that I'm logged in. Is this WAD? Thanks!
(#4518)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 02-28-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Device: iPhone 8
Engine type: S63tu F-Series
JB4 Firmware Version: V2_2_1_T5
Problem experienced:

Logged in appropriately, then I go to email a log and it keeps giving me this error:

"No Mail Accounts"
"Please set up a Mail account in order to send email."

I thought I had already setup an email account before. How do I set up another one? This is not transparent on the JB4 Mobile App. Additionally when I go to View Account Settings, all it shows me is that I'm logged in. Is this WAD? Thanks!
Email has nothing to do with the JB4 login.. Do you have email on your phone, using the native iPhone Mail app?

Settings > Accounts & Passwords > and you have at least one account syncing mail?
(#4519)
Old

Car: M5
Default 02-28-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
Email has nothing to do with the JB4 login.. Do you have email on your phone, using the native iPhone Mail app?

Settings > Accounts & Passwords > and you have at least one account syncing mail?
Thank you. I did not know that I needed to have an email account setup on the Apple iOS email client App. I only use my GMAIL App for iOS for all of my email. I quickly setup one of my emails on the iOS email App and now the JB4 will email my logs fine now. Thanks for clarifying.
(#4520)
Old

Default 03-01-2018, 11:36 AM

In version A219 of the app, I can't get the auto-connect setting to "stick". If I check the box, the next time the app used the box is unchecked again.

Samsung Galaxy 8+
Android 7.0

Tried "clearing data" on the app as well... no change.

Also, is there any way the background could be set to black when the app is launching/loading? The bright white can be "loud" when using the app at night.
(#4521)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 03-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Device: iPhone 7 Plus
Engine type: N54 E Series
JB4 Firmware Version: 32_10
Problem experienced:

Tempature (oil and water) guages cut off some of the numbers once they get over 200 and start showing 20... instead of the actual number. This is in the need fill guage mode and when using Fahrenheit.

Found a temporary solution is when temperature gets that high press and hold on guage for guage selection. Then select the same metric and it will shrink the text and fit.

Seems to be an issue with the size of the font being large and not resizing to fit when the text gets wider than the text area.

NOTE: Was not an issue on previous build before the fixes for the iPhoneX were implemented.

Here's a screen shot of demo mode showing the issue:

Mods
- ST GTX3582R, JB4+BEF, PI, Stage 3 Fuel, E80

Last edited by 135BMWAddict; 03-02-2018 at 01:17 PM..
(#4522)
Old
Legend

Default 03-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent
In version A219 of the app, I can't get the auto-connect setting to "stick". If I check the box, the next time the app used the box is unchecked again.

Samsung Galaxy 8+
Android 7.0

Tried "clearing data" on the app as well... no change.

Also, is there any way the background could be set to black when the app is launching/loading? The bright white can be "loud" when using the app at night.
It is permanently disabled in A219 as the auto-connect was causing some issues for some people. Testing A221 with 3 or 4 users which includes a completely new BT library. I'm hoping this next round of updates fixes ALL BT issues for pretty much ALL devices.

I'll check about the Android launch image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135BMWAddict
Device: iPhone 7 Plus
Engine type: N54 E Series
JB4 Firmware Version: 32_10
Problem experienced:

Tempature (oil and water) guages cut off some of the numbers once they get over 200 and start showing 20... instead of the actual number. This is in the need fill guage mode and when using Fahrenheit.

Found a temporary solution is when temperature gets that high press and hold on guage for guage selection. Then select the same metric and it will shrink the text and fit.

Seems to be an issue with the size of the font being large and not resizing to fit when the text gets wider than the text area.

NOTE: Was not an issue on previous build before the fixes for the iPhoneX were implemented.

Here's a screen shot of demo mode showing the issue:

Thanks for the report. Definitely a bug I'll work out for the next iOS update including some other fixes for iPhone 7+/8+ users.

(#4523)
Old
Legend

Default 03-02-2018, 03:25 PM

Email me if you'd like to try the new APK before it goes to beta.

(#4524)
Old
Legend

Default 03-05-2018, 11:18 AM

Log-based 0-60 timing is done. Just have to finish the simple UI for it and the new betas will be up.

(#4525)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 03-05-2018, 12:16 PM

I have a question, when viewing a data log on my phone using the jb4 app I’ve seen where people can touch the screen and have boost, afr and other things displayed in a box on the screen. I want to know I said this an iPhone only feature or is it also available on Android. If there is an option I have to check can someone help me out.