N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3501)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-11-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Is a n54 with cable running thru the firewall, being using it for a long time. Always checked for new updates, last done on 32.3 & now on 32.4 & No they don't work either. Also got the latest jb4 apps updated few days back too.
Everything was working fine but not the transmission Tem.
So exactly what issue are you having right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furkanyahsi
Does it work with e89 z4?
JB4 Mobile will work with anything that uses a JB4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konvikt21
Any possibility of getting an oil pressure monitor in the app? I know it's not a standard logging parameter in JB4, maybe this is more of a question for Terry..
Definitely a Terry kind of question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel3443
How long until the new theme will be ready?
Not sure yet. Still hammering a few things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobX3
Where you guys seeing the new theme?
Only in the iOS beta for right now while we finish work on the theme itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatz86
IOS?

Screenshot Please?
We'll try to get some new images in the next day or 2.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3502)
Old
andym3100k andym3100k is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default N54 E89 Z4 2009 - 05-11-2016, 06:27 AM

I update my FW & the latest apps but just can't get the transmission Tem working.


2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
Reply With Quote
(#3503)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-11-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
I update my FW & the latest apps but just can't get the transmission Tem working.
http://jb4connectkit.com/store/index...formation_id=8


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3504)
Old
Anthony235's Avatar
Anthony235 Anthony235 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 278
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: m235i
Default 05-11-2016, 07:34 AM

How do I get in on the iOS beta??
Reply With Quote
(#3505)
Old
HairyWelshSteve HairyWelshSteve is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 204
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 05-11-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
How do I get in on the iOS beta??
Yeah me too: TestFlight?


| U.K. 2007 E93 335i| JB4 G5 I8A0S Pump Flash| Scoops | BMS DCI | CKS Performance 3" *** | MMP Silicone Inlets | Active Autowerke 5" FMIC | CDV delete |Fob Roof Controls | JB4 Connect rev. 3|
Reply With Quote
(#3506)
Old
HairyWelshSteve HairyWelshSteve is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 204
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default Feature Request - 05-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Is it possible to allow JB4 Mobile to open .csv from websites/e-mail for log review purposes?


| U.K. 2007 E93 335i| JB4 G5 I8A0S Pump Flash| Scoops | BMS DCI | CKS Performance 3" *** | MMP Silicone Inlets | Active Autowerke 5" FMIC | CDV delete |Fob Roof Controls | JB4 Connect rev. 3|
Reply With Quote
(#3507)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
How do I get in on the iOS beta??
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Yeah me too: TestFlight?
Email me the email address you use with iTunes. support@jb4connectkit.com


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Is it possible to allow JB4 Mobile to open .csv from websites/e-mail for log review purposes?
I'll work on adding that in from email attachments.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3508)
Old
tabasco122 tabasco122 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-12-2016, 06:06 AM

So is the ios beta theme going to be ported to android too after its tested?
Reply With Quote
(#3509)
Old
andym3100k andym3100k is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-12-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
I tried many times but it just don't work, any E89 Z4 owner out there gotten it working?


2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
Reply With Quote
(#3510)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 767
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 05-12-2016, 07:23 AM

Dmac

Quick question: Any problems connecting with the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

Background:
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which I used to use with this app no longer connects via USB OTG. Something in the successive JB4 Mobile software updates killed the functionality, and now not even the special connection method works, though for almost a year it worked perfectly. MHD works perfectly via OTG so I don't know what's wrong with the JB4 Mobile software coding.


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#3511)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-12-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasco122
So is the ios beta theme going to be ported to android too after its tested?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
I tried many times but it just don't work, any E89 Z4 owner out there gotten it working?
If the app is updated and your firmware supports it, I'd get in touch with Terry or post a support request with a short log so we can get some more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Dmac

Quick question: Any problems connecting with the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

Background:
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which I used to use with this app no longer connects via USB OTG. Something in the successive JB4 Mobile software updates killed the functionality, and now not even the special connection method works, though for almost a year it worked perfectly. MHD works perfectly via OTG so I don't know what's wrong with the JB4 Mobile software coding.
No idea about the Xperia. If you suspect one of the updates killed it, try installing a previous version to verify. I highly doubt that's the case though as the OTG code hasn't been touched in quite a while and I'd be flooded with support requests if I broke the OTG functionality with an update.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3512)
Old
neuroclast neuroclast is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-12-2016, 09:56 PM

Dmac: Any advice for getting this running on the Eonon Android radio? It's running 4.4.4 and I can load the app fine, but when trying to connect to Rev3 I just get no devices found. My phone (S7) can connect to the JB4 fine, so I know it's working.

Otherwise bluetooth on the Eonon seems to work great, just no worky w/JB4.
Reply With Quote
(#3513)
Old
Anthony235's Avatar
Anthony235 Anthony235 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 278
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: m235i
Default 05-13-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Email me the email address you use with iTunes. support@jb4connectkit.com
Done
Reply With Quote
(#3514)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 88
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 05-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Hey Donnie, do I have to buy it again if I wanted to use it on my second phone? My battery drains on my Note3, and I have an extra S5 to use. Tried it last night, and it said something about buying a license for the S5.
Reply With Quote
(#3515)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 767
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 05-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
No idea about the Xperia. If you suspect one of the updates killed it, try installing a previous version to verify. I highly doubt that's the case though as the OTG code hasn't been touched in quite a while and I'd be flooded with support requests if I broke the OTG functionality with an update.
Thanks for the reply man.

No other way to explain it when OTG works fine in any configuration on all my other programs and with the OS itself. It's honestly been having connection troubles with jb4 mobile for quite a while. I don't remember when it happened. Maybe 6 months ago? Car was in and out of the body shop for months though so it didn't really bother me, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, how do I install old versions? Happy to do that. Just need the tablet for the helpful gauges and more convenient logging.


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#3516)
Old
BIGBOYQ's Avatar
BIGBOYQ BIGBOYQ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 89
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 335i
Default 05-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
I tried many times but it just don't work, any E89 Z4 owner out there gotten it working?
Hi,

Yep got it working - whats your issue?
Reply With Quote
(#3517)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast
Dmac: Any advice for getting this running on the Eonon Android radio? It's running 4.4.4 and I can load the app fine, but when trying to connect to Rev3 I just get no devices found. My phone (S7) can connect to the JB4 fine, so I know it's working.

Otherwise bluetooth on the Eonon seems to work great, just no worky w/JB4.
Sure that device supports Bluetooth Low Energy? Your other device isn't connected to the kit while trying this is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
Hey Donnie, do I have to buy it again if I wanted to use it on my second phone? My battery drains on my Note3, and I have an extra S5 to use. Tried it last night, and it said something about buying a license for the S5.
As long as you use the exact same Google account, you should be able to install it on your other devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Thanks for the reply man.

No other way to explain it when OTG works fine in any configuration on all my other programs and with the OS itself. It's honestly been having connection troubles with jb4 mobile for quite a while. I don't remember when it happened. Maybe 6 months ago? Car was in and out of the body shop for months though so it didn't really bother me, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, how do I install old versions? Happy to do that. Just need the tablet for the helpful gauges and more convenient logging.
These OTG issues always end up being an OTG cable issue, a problem with the order of which cable is connected first, or a device/OS version issue. Serial OTG is the most popular way for Android users to connect to the JB4 with my app and since I've not had a large influx of reports of OTG issues, I'd suspect one of the issues above. I know it's weird that MHD may be working with the OTG cable, but I've seen funky stuff like this in the past resolved with a different OTG cable.

Email me and I can send you an old build to try. support@jb4connectkit.com


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3518)
Old
andym3100k andym3100k is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-13-2016, 05:45 PM

If the app is updated and your firmware supports it, I'd get in touch with Terry or post a support request with a short log so we can get some more info.

HI Donnie, hereby attached my log for your advice. Thanks in advance.


2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
Reply With Quote
(#3519)
Old
andym3100k andym3100k is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-13-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
Hi,

Yep got it working - whats your issue?
Noticed you got a E89 Z4 too? is your transm temp working?


2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
Reply With Quote
(#3520)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 88
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 05-13-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
As long as you use the exact same Google account, you should be able to install it on your other devices.
That's what I thought.. It installed, but wouldn't fully connect during the handshake. I'll try again. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
(#3521)
Old
DB90 DB90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 289
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: M135i
Default 05-14-2016, 05:59 AM

Donnie, did you get any further with the multiple map 6 selection a few of us mentioned earlier in this thread?
Reply With Quote
(#3522)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 767
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 05-14-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
These OTG issues always end up being an OTG cable issue, a problem with the order of which cable is connected first, or a device/OS version issue. Serial OTG is the most popular way for Android users to connect to the JB4 with my app and since I've not had a large influx of reports of OTG issues, I'd suspect one of the issues above. I know it's weird that MHD may be working with the OTG cable, but I've seen funky stuff like this in the past resolved with a different OTG cable.

Email me and I can send you an old build to try. support@jb4connectkit.com
Done. Thank you sir.


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#3523)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-15-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB90
Donnie, did you get any further with the multiple map 6 selection a few of us mentioned earlier in this thread?
Yep. I have a new thing called "Configs" in the recent iOS betas. At the bottom of the User Adjustment page, there are 2 options (Load Config and Save Config). Save Config will save the entire User Adjustment list to a file. Load Config will allow you to select a saved config from a list and load those values into your User Adjustment page so you can write them to the JB4.

Current development status:
Still working on finalizing the new theme. Once it is finalized for iOS, I'll add it into Android.

Started playing with 0-60/quarter mile timing again. Hoping to have a version of this ready for the upcoming public update or the next round. Should have something in beta in the next 1-2 weeks depending on how cooperative the weather is around here for my testing.

Configs mentioned above should be in the next public release.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#3524)
Old
cebrailbakan's Avatar
cebrailbakan cebrailbakan is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,069
Join Date: May 2013
Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 05-15-2016, 02:26 PM

That's really great like you Dmac


Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
Reply With Quote
(#3525)
Old
neuroclast neuroclast is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-16-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Sure that device supports Bluetooth Low Energy? Your other device isn't connected to the kit while trying this is it
Damn. Emailed them and it does not. That's a bummer as it would have been great to have it running in my dash instead of on my phone. I could hook the serial cable directly into the USB on the head unit, but then I wouldn't be able to use my phone if needed.

On an unrelated note, is there a reason the app won't log while in the background? It's easy enough to keep apps alive (on Android anyway) when not in the foreground, and it's really annoying having to have the app on top to log.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com