N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3926)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2020, 02:33 PM

You enter the settings manually in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3927)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-29-2020, 11:24 PM

These settings are not mentioned? Are the values ​​correct for my stinger 2.0L?
Attached Images

(#3928)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 12-30-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENreviews
Okay, I was able to snag some logs this weekend 3 pulls 40-100, on closed roads.

I run 93 octane from BP so there are some fuel additives, HPS dual CAI, I also have Agency Power Dual BOVs, other than the JB4 and the mentioned mods the car is stock.

Please let me know if the logs appear to be good.
Terry, did you get a chance to look at these logs?
(#3929)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default Terry Please can you do a Log Healthcheck - 12-30-2020, 10:21 AM

Terry I edited the file to get size down. Just looking to make sure all looks healthy after some issues with turbo flange bolts snapping during attempt to put in *********. Went back to stock *********.

Thanks

Twister
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_DAT_201230_1025 Edited.csv (306.4 KB, 90 views)

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice
JB4 kit with EWGs MAP 2 94RON

Feeling the JB4 difference
(#3930)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosaad
These settings are not mentioned? Are the values ​​correct for my stinger 2.0L?
Those are fine, and are in the photo in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3931)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENreviews
Okay, I was able to snag some logs this weekend 3 pulls 40-100, on closed roads.

I run 93 octane from BP so there are some fuel additives, HPS dual CAI, I also have Agency Power Dual BOVs, other than the JB4 and the mentioned mods the car is stock.

Please let me know if the logs appear to be good.
Looks like I missed the post but runs seem fine to me. Boost, timing, and fueling all in check and as expected for map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3932)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
Terry I edited the file to get size down. Just looking to make sure all looks healthy after some issues with turbo flange bolts snapping during attempt to put in *********. Went back to stock *********.

Thanks

Twister
Seems OK, fuel wires are attached right? A longer full throttle run would be more useful.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3933)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 12-30-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like I missed the post but runs seem fine to me. Boost, timing, and fueling all in check and as expected for map2.
Thank you kindly 👍
(#3934)
Old

Default 12-31-2020, 04:33 AM

thanks Terry, will post longer run shortly.

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice

(#3935)
Old

Car: Stinger AWD
Default 12-31-2020, 04:36 PM

Im curious, how can i use JB4 as my WMI controller/safety device while also running a full tune? And what are the specific details behind it, as in what will JB4 do if flow were to cut, will it be able to drop my full tunes performance in order to protect my engine or what?

I don't wanna just know how to get it to work id like to also know HOW it works
(#3936)
Old

Default Log for quick health check please - Longer full throttle 60-180kmh - 01-01-2021, 06:45 AM

Yes Terry with fuel wires, longer full throttle

Thanks Terry and Happy New Year to your and all JB4 team
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_DAT_201231_1108.csv (151.5 KB, 111 views)

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice

(#3937)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 01-01-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Looks good for map2 on 93. Might be worth updating the firmware and trying FF = 60 to see how it reacts to more EWG offset.
Uploaded firmware 21/20//5, adjusted FF to 60. WOT pulls then falls flat around 5k rpm. Pulls strong otherwise.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_210101_105711.csv (15.6 KB, 94 views)
(#3938)
Old

Car: 17 2.0T stinger
Default Jb4 Bluetooth connection issuse - 01-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Hello, I just got my car back from the shop after over 30 days and now it will not connect. When i go on the jb4 app, only the boost guage works. Everything else is zero. Thoughts?
(#3939)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2021, 06:29 PM

OBDII loose or backwards?

Burger Motorsports

(#3940)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Uploaded firmware 21/20//5, adjusted FF to 60. WOT pulls then falls flat around 5k rpm. Pulls strong otherwise.
OK looks to be over boosting, back down to FF 50 for you. Or even lower if it continues.

Burger Motorsports

(#3941)
Old

Default 01-01-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
OBDII loose or backwards?
I'll double check. I would hope the shop would mess with my wires but you never know.
(#3942)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Most likely the case. Guide has photos on how it's supposed to plug in to the JB4 also.

Burger Motorsports

(#3943)
Old

Car: Stinger AWD
Default 01-02-2021, 06:54 PM

I would like to make a product improvement suggestion. I have an android and we dont get a lot of information in the app, what I'd love to see is tooltip for each adjustable input as to what it does or affects and the input value meaning, i.e 100 = max 0 = off, as well as recommended settings. I'd also like to see and advanced users PDF containing the same info but more detailed so that users can learn about what the JB4 is actually doing and they can better tune their car accordingly with JB4.

I wanna maximize my JB4 tune and in order to do that I need info on what all the input values mean and what they affect, and I cant find anything on google that tells me if I put as an example "Auto Shift Boost Reduction"
(#3944)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Most likely the case. Guide has photos on how it's supposed to plug in to the JB4 also.
They unplugged my main cable under the dash. Everything is back to working. Thank you for keeping me calm btw.
(#3945)
Old

Default Longer Run for Log Check Please Terry - 01-04-2021, 04:06 PM

Thanks Terry MAP4 with pro booster juice
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R2_DAT_210101_1309.csv (336.7 KB, 98 views)

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice

(#3946)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Code 0068 - 01-10-2021, 02:21 PM

Got a throttle code (0068) after updating to v22_T4 and enabling Lagfix with setting of 70. Gonna back it back down to 50 and try again. Is this code what folks are seeing when dialing in this new feature?
(#3947)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
Thanks Terry MAP4 with pro booster juice
Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3948)
Old

Default 01-11-2021, 05:40 AM

Thanks Terry

Twister

2021 Genesis 3.3T
Siberian Ice

(#3949)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 01-14-2021, 03:17 AM

Hi guys, first time post.

Q. Is there a way via the Phone app (or windows for that matter) to confirm that the OBD connector is connected and functioning with the JB4? Can't seem to find a status.

I have had intermittent issues with the OBD data showing up in the app. I'm not really sure why (all my kit is only a couple of months old - Kia Stinger GT) - nor what impact this actually has other than logging.
(#3950)
Old

Car: Fk2 Civic Type R
Default 01-14-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjarrodcthompson
Hi guys, first time post.

Q. Is there a way via the Phone app (or windows for that matter) to confirm that the OBD connector is connected and functioning with the JB4? Can't seem to find a status.

I have had intermittent issues with the OBD data showing up in the app. I'm not really sure why (all my kit is only a couple of months old - Kia Stinger GT) - nor what impact this actually has other than logging.
Maybe worth making a specific thread for this but anyway, if your ODBII is really disconnecting then the JB4 will be losing visibility of multiple ECU parameters/sensor values that it needs to operate. It won't have any idea of what RPM you are at, water temps, trims, afr etc which will most likely cause you to drop into map 1 (if you are not running that already).

Probably worth checking the cable connection at both the ODBII port and the cable connector in the engine bay to make sure they are both properly seated.

Honda Fk2 Civic Type R | JB4 | Injen Air Intake | Scorpion Exhaust | Shadow Chrome Rota PWR's | Insta: @andrewjonknight