N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2776)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstyle
Got my WMI kit installed and wanted to see if you would check this log please.
Short run but seems OK. Update to v11 firmware so we see timing in all 6 cylinders next.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2777)
Old

Car: GenesisG70
Default 12-03-2019, 02:33 PM

HI .sorry if this is in the wrong spot haven't posted much. I own a G70 Genesis 3.3.Not a lot of guys tuning the g70 as much as the stinger. mechanicaly the same engine. Installed Jb4 with fuel wires ..BMS Iintakes .changed to the recomended Denzo Spark plugs.Gaped at 24. In my geneses g70 , stock plugs were gapped to 34 just like the stinger.anyway map 2 is the highest I can go .Runs great .4.2 to 60 (mph) 1/4 in 12.5 . Map 3 breaks up at WOT and high RPM .I used a E30 mix .with map 3 ,because its recomended .do you think I could still have spark blow out at high boost with this gap at 24 I did log this run with the break up.on map 3 .But not sure what to look for.I will try to attach it here ..if I do t atach it .Its because I havnt figured iut how
(#2778)
Old

Car: GenesisG70
Default 12-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Could not attach it .sent the file to burger motor sports.
(#2779)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisG70
HI .sorry if this is in the wrong spot haven't posted much. I own a G70 Genesis 3.3.Not a lot of guys tuning the g70 as much as the stinger. mechanicaly the same engine. Installed Jb4 with fuel wires ..BMS Iintakes .changed to the recomended Denzo Spark plugs.Gaped at 24. In my geneses g70 , stock plugs were gapped to 34 just like the stinger.anyway map 2 is the highest I can go .Runs great .4.2 to 60 (mph) 1/4 in 12.5 . Map 3 breaks up at WOT and high RPM .I used a E30 mix .with map 3 ,because its recomended .do you think I could still have spark blow out at high boost with this gap at 24 I did log this run with the break up.on map 3 .But not sure what to look for.I will try to attach it here ..if I do t atach it .Its because I havnt figured iut how
OK we'll keep an eye open for your email.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2780)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-05-2019, 07:42 AM

Got a couple logs in, 40mph-115mph and 0-100mph. Can you check to make sure everything looks good. Wondering if I need to adjust any WMI settings.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-05 07_51_07_Map-8 40-115.csv (12.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-05 07_59_15_Map-8 0-100.csv (13.3 KB, 9 views)
(#2781)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2019, 09:16 AM

Looks really clean to me. Could raise the additive up 5 or 10 if you want to push a little more boost.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2782)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-05-2019, 03:53 PM

What is the recommended octane mix for maps 5 & 7 ?
(#2783)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Half or more mix of unleaded race fuel. The stronger the mix the better.

Burger Motorsports

(#2784)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Half or more mix of unleaded race fuel. The stronger the mix the better.

Thanks, I plan to use Sunoco GT260 unleaded 100 OCT one station sells its reliably. Ill just run the tank to near empty and pump in 1-2 gallons total if i mess with those maps. Its a blessing in a state where max pump is 91 Colorado.
(#2785)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Thanks, I plan to use Sunoco GT260 unleaded 100 OCT one station sells its reliably. Ill just run the tank to near empty and pump in 1-2 gallons total if i mess with those maps. Its a blessing in a state where max pump is 91 Colorado.
That should be fine! I use Sunoco GT260+ when I can find it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2786)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default No boost now... - 12-11-2019, 06:05 AM

Hey so this morning because we were expecting a light snowing on the way to work, I thought I'd run Map 4, the valet map to cut power just to try it out.

I floored it to see what kind of boost I'd hit and quickly something didn't "feel" right so I let off. Floored it again and watched the boost gauge do nothing.

Switched to Map 0, floored it and again, no boost. Also AFR is weirdly hanging in the 14's, which for WOT seems WAY lean. So the entire 30 min trip to work, the car would not build boost. Cruising was fine but had no balls what-so-ever.

I believe I was on v10 firmware. I updated it to v11.3 just now after digging around for answers.

Anyways, I haven't found anything definitive. First time I've encountered an issue. Car has around 4600 miles, BMS intakes and Denso plugs @ 0.022 gap. Temperature was 34 deg F.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, the screenshot of the log with a 7:16am timestamp is Map 4 when it first went down. You can see boost peaked to about 12psi (which seems too high for Map 4), then the ECU closed the throttle and stuff goes a little wacky. Shortly I release the pedal as you can see.

Second screenshot with 7:11 timestamp is Map 0 (stock) and a pull in 3rd gear. No boost, and an AFR in the mid 14's pretty much the entire pull which makes me feel uneasy.

What the heck is going on?

UPDATE: So at lunch I took a drive, and she seems to be back to normal. Builds boost stock as usual and I tried Map 1 in 3rd with no problems. Did a quick 3rd gear pull from 2k-5k, held boost around 14-15psi. I guess I triggered some kind of fail-safe mode this morning. I also upgraded the firmware but not sure if that had any bearing on the situation. I'll run Map 2 as usual on the way home and do a full highway send for a log.
Attached Images

Last edited by rboettcher81; 12-11-2019 at 11:23 AM..
(#2787)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Has anyone installed Ultimate Performance HFC down p I p e s and mid p i p e s on there Stinger 3.3tt? The set up has uses an extension to keep the secondary o2 out of the stream to keep the CEL from coming on. Does this affect how the JB4 reads and adjust?

Last edited by Soccerstyle; 12-11-2019 at 06:35 PM..
(#2788)
Old

Car: Stinger gt
Default Help - 12-11-2019, 09:49 AM

I just installed denso plugs gapped to recommended specs running 93 octain map zero and car runs ruff and smell gas???
(#2789)
Old

Car: Stinger gt
Default 12-11-2019, 12:40 PM

Problem solved.
(#2790)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboettcher81
Hey so this morning because we were expecting a light snowing on the way to work, I thought I'd run Map 4, the valet map to cut power just to try it out.
Would need the CSV for any sort of log analysis.

Burger Motorsports

(#2791)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 12-12-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would need the CSV for any sort of log analysis.
No problem. CSV files attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-11 06_41_19_Map-4.csv (3.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-11 06_45_00_Map-0.csv (5.9 KB, 2 views)
(#2792)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboettcher81
No problem. CSV files attached.
Looks like map4 triggered a low boost mode in the ECU, even lower boost than map4 was targeting. I'm working on a revision for the valet map, email me and I can send you the firmware to test! terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#2793)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD Limited
Default Logs during dyno - 12-13-2019, 03:59 PM

I tried manually logging using the JB4 map during dyno pulls today. First was Map 3, then Map 2, and finally Map 0 (the Map 0 log file is zipped to fit the upload size restriction).

My 2018 Stinger GT AWD has Denso 5346 plugs gapped to 022, JB4 of course, DIY intakes, and MBRP stainless *** back.

I was running a full take of Shell 93 + 11oz Boostane Professional, which should have put the octane at about 99-100.

Map 3 returned a lower 380hp/445tq than Map 2 at 382hp/464tq, and they seemed to think (without logs) it might be pulling timing. Map 0 returned 325hp/405tq.

These numbers were off of a linked DynoJet.

Any helpful feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-13 11_05_56_Map-3.csv (38.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-13 11_07_58_Map-3.csv (25.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-13 11_29_01_Map-2.csv (173.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-13 11_30_21_Map-2.csv (361.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip 2019-12-13 11_34_02_Map-0.zip (16.1 KB, 0 views)
(#2794)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2019, 04:31 PM

Hey guys, finally added gear (read from trans) and trans oil temperature to the JB4 logging. Need a few guys to log and confirm it's working right. Drop me an email if you have time this weekend for a log or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#2795)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerLover
I tried manually logging using the JB4 map during dyno pulls today. First was Map 3, then Map 2, and finally Map 0 (the Map 0 log file is zipped to fit the upload size restriction).

Thanks!
The bad news is I don't see anything in these logs. It's possible your OBDII/CANbus system was off, so all runs would be basically on map1 without fuel control. e.g. sort of useless.

Burger Motorsports