N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 08-26-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Best option for WMI would be to add a turbine flow sensor I think and feed that in to the JB4 for it's mapping. Since there are so many common failure points with the systems that lead to no flow.
please allow me to chime in, Aquamist has a Flow sensor assembly I think that could solve the issue according to the way it's works not hindering the flow.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#127)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 08-26-2018, 02:08 PM

Seems to me a pressure sensor on the rail would be the best solution. Flow sensor will still read with a leak at the rail, external or injector. Pressure sensor could detect a leak, no flow, stuck open injector, leaky injectors, etc. Both pressure and flow would be great but the jb4 only has so many ins and outs for this stuff. The other added benefit of a pressure sensor is there are already lots of ethanol compatible factory rail pressure sensors out there. just need to adapt one for our use.

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth
(#128)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-01-2018, 02:25 PM

as it is known , the JB4 Controller crashes with FSB , when you remove FSB , this time the pump does not work , so does the nozzle in the charge pipe , which causes the IAT’s high output. How do we get out of this ? Can we spray Methanol from charge pipe with CPI under the control of bms controller ? Is bms controller capable of triggering the meth pump ? As last thing , What should be meth safety and meth trigger settings in the PMI system?

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#129)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-01-2018, 11:42 PM

The bms controller has a trigger wire that you need to use to trigger a relay that supplies power to the pump. So yes the pi controller will trigger the pump. If u want to still run a cp nozzle just tee Into the meth line going to the fuel rail. Recommend something pretty small. Or you can grab fuel-it cpi injector and use it instead of a nozzle and splice it into the injector harness so all 7 fire at one. Last option is to have your tuner scale your tune so the iat reads cooler than actual iat temp. Rest assured your iats are actually cooler but the cooling is happening after the tmap. Or just buy a better intercooler

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth

Last edited by Tuppidsay; 09-02-2018 at 09:24 AM..
(#130)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
as it is known , the JB4 Controller crashes with FSB , when you remove FSB , this time the pump does not work , so does the nozzle in the charge pipe , which causes the IATís high output. How do we get out of this ? Can we spray Methanol from charge pipe with CPI under the control of bms controller ? Is bms controller capable of triggering the meth pump ? As last thing , What should be meth safety and meth trigger settings in the PMI system?
we are in the same boat sir, patiently waiting on them questions to be awnsered. really want to make this system work
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jameel
please allow me to chime in, Aquamist has a Flow sensor assembly I think that could solve the issue according to the way it's works not hindering the flow.
I've used their stand along flow sensor in the past... It was just OK. But probably the best of the ones out there. Wire it up with the flow signal going in to the JB4 15/16 and let's evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppidsay
Seems to me a pressure sensor on the rail would be the best solution. Flow sensor will still read with a leak at the rail, external or injector. Pressure sensor could detect a leak, no flow, stuck open injector, leaky injectors, etc. Both pressure and flow would be great but the jb4 only has so many ins and outs for this stuff. The other added benefit of a pressure sensor is there are already lots of ethanol compatible factory rail pressure sensors out there. just need to adapt one for our use.
The FSB is a pressure sensor and while that works well in a normal setup, with PI meth there are many failure points. Lines could pressurize but injectors not open, for example, so not ideal here IMHO. On the plus side with pressure info we could setup the JB4 to scale meth flow on meth pressure. So when pressured dropped it could automatically scale IPW on the injectors up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#133)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-09-2018, 09:48 PM

Terry.... should the wmi pump pressure be turned down if running PI using injectors? Since the pump set over 200psi and injectors are set for 50-60psi?
(#134)
Old

Default 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The FSB is a pressure sensor and while that works well in a normal setup, with PI meth there are many failure points. Lines could pressurize but injectors not open, for example, so not ideal here IMHO. On the plus side with pressure info we could setup the JB4 to scale meth flow on meth pressure. So when pressured dropped it could automatically scale IPW on the injectors up.

Terry.... should the wmi pump pressure be turned down if running PI using injectors? Since the pump set over 200psi and injectors are set for 50-60psi?
Also would a AEM wmi guage would help making sure we have meth flow since JB4 Lets us know injectors are getting a signal
(#135)
Old
Legend

Default 09-19-2018, 02:11 PM

Any improvements ?

Do more with less !
(#136)
Old

Default 09-19-2018, 06:08 PM

Well I'm going try AEM flow sensor since how that works
(#137)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 09-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Awaiting instruction on how to get this working. I am on holiday for a few weeks and ready to be the Guinea pig if it does not involve running high boost without knowing if the pump is on or not
(#138)
Old

Default 09-25-2018, 09:02 PM

Maybe that helps.

Really would like to get this on point. Waiting for imstructions.
@terry@bms
(#139)
Old

Default 10-01-2018, 02:31 PM

Any updates?
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2018, 03:04 PM

Duty bias is set per map in the single turbo firmware...

What is the WMPI setup, fuel, etc, here? Bank to bank trims look good which is normally a good sign.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariano
WMPI is set for fuel in each intake runner on 93 octane and cooling in the charge pipe. I am on full E85 at the moment though.
Main thing to look for is bank to bank fuel trims which seems OK. Other than that log seems OK to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#142)
Old
Legend

Default 10-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Terry , do you have any plan to make this system work flawlessly ?

Do more with less !
(#143)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 10-03-2018, 06:16 PM

Anyone know the lifespan of the WMI Pump/Solenoid
(#144)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-03-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyamazin
They both usually last at least 2 years or more.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 10-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyamazin
About 2 tob3 years. I just had mine go bad, from 1.3gpm that is suppose to get, barely got 1/2 a gallon
(#146)
Old

Default 10-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Anyone know where I can get replacement crush washers? Just bought a used kit and wanna redo the hose lengths
(#147)
Old

Default 10-07-2018, 09:39 PM

Quick question on my setup my injectors arent opening. I'm 100% sure meth pump is xoming on. On my logs Fuel EN amd meth both get a signal but injectors arent injecting. Is it possible even tho I'm getting a signal that the controller might be bad?
(#148)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-08-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDE/E92
Quick question on my setup my injectors arent opening. I'm 100% sure meth pump is xoming on. On my logs Fuel EN amd meth both get a signal but injectors arent injecting. Is it possible even tho I'm getting a signal that the controller might be bad?
Have you checked the harness that connects to the connectors?

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Default 10-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Have you checked the harness that connects to the connectors?
I did, not sure if I did it correctly and if results were with in specs. If the harness is connected to the injectors and I unplug from the controller from it I get continuity on that plug. Disconnecting the harness pin by pin fallowing each wire has continuity and about .04 ohms.
(#150)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 02:44 AM

Hey I got my bms kit used and it didn’t come with a fuse holder, do i need it? If so, what fuse does it need