(#51)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
All the notes and files for the updates will be here:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605
Yeah I saw those, but this is the newest one right G5_ISO_32_12_T2.hex*(86.8 KB, 206 views

And there are no notes on this...
(#52)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariano
Yeah I saw those, but this is the newest one right G5_ISO_32_12_T2.hex*(86.8 KB, 206 views

And there are no notes on this...

Yes, look for the T2 that is the latest file with notes here:

G5_ISO_32_10

1) Revised virtual flex fuel sensor logic to support KLINE models. After loading new firmware DME has to be reset before you'll get any sort of virtual reading. Lock doors and wait 5 min if you want to test it right away.
2) Those with PortInjection should set "meth scaling" to 99, which tells the JB4 you are running a BMS PI controller and formats the PI input as needed. Soon we'll be adding additional PI safety systems that require this setting to be enabled.
3) Minor adjustment to PI scaling as a function of E85 reading, if enabled.
4) Startup gauge sweep toggle moved to 6/8 in dash.
T2) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map4 (stock boost profile) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T2) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, look for the T2 that is the latest file with notes here:

G5_ISO_32_10

1) Revised virtual flex fuel sensor logic to support KLINE models. After loading new firmware DME has to be reset before you'll get any sort of virtual reading. Lock doors and wait 5 min if you want to test it right away.
2) Those with PortInjection should set "meth scaling" to 99, which tells the JB4 you are running a BMS PI controller and formats the PI input as needed. Soon we'll be adding additional PI safety systems that require this setting to be enabled.
3) Minor adjustment to PI scaling as a function of E85 reading, if enabled.
4) Startup gauge sweep toggle moved to 6/8 in dash.
T2) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map4 (stock boost profile) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T2) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!
Oh, my bad. Thanks bro.

One more thing, I've been asking. I havd the MHD jb4 backends only flash. I also have a single 450 walbro e85 pump. My tuner and his partner had a falling out and now I'm left to my own vises. This is ok because since, I have learned a lot about the jb4 now/still learning though but just want to know about the flashes. So my question is, do I need to add the race pump flash or the e85 pump flash? Would there be a way for me to check if my pass tuner added any of these flashes. I know this for sure that I did not purchase any pump flash. Just the $79 BEF. If anyone could please advise.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2018, 06:13 PM

The $79 is a license to load maps. The maps are posted free of charge here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

If using E40+ use the E85 BEF.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The $79 is a license to load maps. The maps are posted free of charge here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

If using E40+ use the E85 BEF.
Ok Terry. I tried loading the maps from here but I kept getting an error message. It may just be my galaxy phone and that I don't have enough memory/storage. I'm thinking of getting a new galaxy tablet so I can load the MHD on that. The tablet I'm using now is an iPad, it will only load the jb4 unfortunately.
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2018, 08:15 PM

Work with MHD on any error messages within their software... Doesn't take much of a device to load it.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Work with MHD on any error messages within their software... Doesn't take much of a device to load it.
Ok I get that. I'll see what happens or I'll just purchase the maps.

Last edited by Ariano; 05-30-2018 at 08:41 PM..
(#58)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-31-2018, 11:36 AM

any way to use the PI kit and bms meth kit on single turbo map 8??
(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
any way to use the PI kit and bms meth kit on single turbo map 8??
What are you trying to do? E85 PI and spray meth too?

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 05-31-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
What are you trying to do? E85 PI and spray meth too?
yes. e85 PI and spray meth are working on map 7. but not work spray meth on map 8.

want to use map 8 for more WHP then map 7
(#61)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch4400
yes. e85 PI and spray meth are working on map 7. but not work spray meth on map 8.

want to use map 8 for more WHP then map 7
You are on hybrid turbos I'm assuming and spraying methanol in the chargepipe for cooling?

Can you email me so I can help you out personally since this thread is for Direct Methanol PI.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Thumbs up 06-01-2018, 06:36 AM

Quite excited about all the recent improvement, 2step, shift bog and now PI meth.

Many Thanks for the awesome work and constant support to this old platform.

will be installing Meth PI in a week or so, should i still hook it up to FSB ? or wait for the new safety?
additional wiring/relay will be required once the new setup is active ?
(#63)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
Quite excited about all the recent improvement, 2step, shift bog and now PI meth.

Many Thanks for the awesome work and constant support to this old platform.

will be installing Meth PI in a week or so, should i still hook it up to FSB ? or wait for the new safety?
additional wiring/relay will be required once the new setup is active ?
No FSB, only use the PI controller.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
No FSB, only use the PI controller.
email'ed you
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM

As a reminder let's start seeing some meth PI logs in this thread so we can evaluate them and the safety systems in place. I have some more JB4 updates in mind.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default BEF - 06-01-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I have upgraded stock twins from turbo labs of America. When flashing a E85 BEF map, should I use the one that says hybrid turbo e85??🤔
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2018, 10:12 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes
Thanks Terry. So I flashed the system using the jb4_BB2_IJEOS_HYBRID_E85_PI.bin

Now question. How would I tell if the system has taken the map outside of it saying cumpleat or successful?

And if anyone would know how to get back a previously rest adaptation. Accidentally reset throttle now my exhaust burble is gone and it's not giving me the option to recalibrate it. I am on a XHP tune for my auto trans. Any advice please.
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2018, 10:52 AM

If car starts it flashed properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I am going to send you something to your email. I don't have access to send pics. to this site right now. So please take a look. One thing though is ,I don't actually have PI. I am using my math setup as PI, I've stated before, I have 6 DO3 in the intake plenum (one in each runner) and 1 CM3 in the charge pipe. So don't know if it's going to make that much of a difference using this map revision??? Or should I just use the hybrid turbo e85 only map?

Last edited by Ariano; 06-02-2018 at 11:08 AM..
(#71)
Old

Default 06-03-2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Terry figured out bef. Now with the hybrid turbo e85 flash, should I/can I run straight E with the direct port meth or should I keep running a blend of e85 and 93 gas and what % blend if so would you recommend??
(#72)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariano
Terry figured out bef. Now with the hybrid turbo e85 flash, should I/can I run straight E with the direct port meth or should I keep running a blend of e85 and 93 gas and what % blend if so would you recommend??
If your fuel pump can keep up, just do full e85.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 06-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Anyone can help me out on how to convert bms cp meth to PI with bms controller. Stuck with the wiring ? Do i just cut off the solenoid wires ? @Terry said to remove fsb.. how do i power the pump ? Need to buy additional relay and wire it in ?
(#74)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
Anyone can help me out on how to convert bms cp meth to PI with bms controller. Stuck with the wiring ? Do i just cut off the solenoid wires ? @Terry said to remove fsb.. how do i power the pump ? Need to buy additional relay and wire it in ?
We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

If equipped with an FSB from a previous JB4 meth integration you'll remove it.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Default 06-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

If equipped with an FSB from a previous JB4 meth integration you'll remove it.
Right. Thanks for the quick reply, i will do this tomorrow.

Just to make sure i get it right.

30: 12v fused power source
85: thick orange/yellow wire
87: meth pump
86: ground strut tower