N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default New Fuel-It! FI-650HP LPFP and FI-650HP Port Injection Kits - 04-23-2018, 08:00 PM

Hey everyone!

We'll be using this thread as our support thread for the new FI-650HP kits and posting install guides, pictures, updates, answering questions, etc.
Initially I'll leave the introduction in the first post but then move it down to the second post once everyone gets more familiar with the new offerings. Feel free to post questions in this thread as it will serve as our customer support thread and we'll discuss the products but do not request support for other products or those posts will be deleted.

Now on to the good stuff...

Over the last few years we've been adapting our products to changes that take place in the market, our own experiences, and the trends we see with regards to performance, tuning, reliability, innovations, customer needs, etc.

A lot has changed in those last few years! For example, remember the days when 400whp was a big deal? 600whp is now common place and the N54, the N55 platform is getting there and both are more affordable than ever as they continue to age and rack up the miles.

Based on those trends, observations, and customer inquiries, we have developed a new product line to support the increased power levels and address some of the weaknesses that have surfaced as time went on.

Our first offering in the new line of products is FI-650HP series. As you may have already guessed, FI-650HP stands for Fuel-It! 650 HorsePower. That is the power level these kits are designed to support and to do so they make the most out of the stock components, minimize customization, and in general keep things as stock as possible since stock is typically the most reliable.

In this FI-650HP line we currently offer two products with minimal options to reduce confusion, keep prices down, and still supply you the modifications you need to achieve your goals. All of them are E85, race gas, and pump gas compatible.

First is the FI-650HP and FI-650HP-F LPFP upgrades for the N54 and N55 cars.

Name:  complete kit front_top view edited with BG reduced.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  85.6 KB Name:  FI-650hp-f reduced.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  87.8 KB

For those that are interested, here is a little history on the development of those kits.
This concept is not new to us and we started implementing it on the S55 platform a couple years ago. In that application we retain the stock LPFP and add additional capacity to the fuel system by adding a second pump assembly that is secured by the stock bucket assembly with no modifications made to the stock pump, venturi, or wiring harness. We chose to go that route for a couple reasons but first and foremost was reliability. By not interfering with the stock harness or upgrading the stock pump we didn't have to address EKP issues or worry about the long term affects on the stock systems. Second, it was easily reversible but provided us with the additional capacity we needed for the cars that ultimately ended up making 700whp (now common), then 800whp, and ultimately IIRC 900whp (with nos).

For the F-series N55 platform as those started to age we started seeing issues with the EKP's failing prematurely, likely due to the extra current draw of the upgraded pumps, EKP's overheating due to reduced capacity and overheating. To address this we used the same technique we did for the S55, we utilized the stock pump for everyday use and added the secondary pump to support the additional fueling needs under boost. This was a win/win and has served us well. No more EKP issues, no error messages, and we utilized the flows the stock pump had to offer instead of just 86ing the pump.

Another benefit to this was that the DME on both the N54 and especially the N55 are sensitive to the additional demands the upgraded pumps place on the EKP and will alert the driver via an i-drive message that continued driving was possible but to consult your dealer. In most cases this is just a warning and can be ignored or alternatively the EKP can be re-coded to raise the current limit to eliminate those errors. However, this new design eliminated the issue and we no longer have to tolerate the message, exclamation point or have to code the EKP.

Naturally the progression once we started seeing more EKP's fail was to begin implementing this on other platforms and the FI-650HP concept was conceived. For the N54 platform we will also be releasing the FI-1000HP but that is a few weeks out as are other options for this modular kit.

Another benefit of this kit on the N54 platform, other than actually putting the additional pump assembly in the tank and installing the plug and play wiring harness, there is no DIY aspect to it. The stock bucket remains untouched, no tearing it down, no sending it in for upgrade, no core deposits, etc. In addition, pricing is very similar to that of the Stage 2 pumps (they start at $399.95) but for that instead of getting 1.1-1.2GPM of flow, you get approximately 1.8GPM of flow to support 650whp provided your stock pump is in good condition. If you are currently running our Stage 2 LPFP and want to upgrade to stage 3, you can still add this upgrade option for approximately 2.2 gallons of flow per minute.

Name:  pump front_top view edited with fuel line and bg reduced.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  83.8 KB Name:  Complete in tank reduced.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  202.1 KB

Second in the line up are the FI-650HP Port Injection Kits for the N54 and N55 cars.

These kits are configured to support up to 650whp and come with the necessary haredware to do so. To simplify the ordering process and confusion, we have limited the additional options to adding a Bluetooth Ethanol Sensor, your choice of port injection controllers, and optional return kit.

All port injection kits include:

*Fuel-It! silver anodized custom spacer for the intake manifold with angled injectors to eliminate the cylinder 1 offset and improve atomization and distribution
*Fuel-It! silver anodized custom fuel rail with integrated brackets
*Machined o-ring grooves to original factory intake manifold specs
*6 flow matched Bosch 550cc injectors
*6an fuel supply port
*6an fuel return port plug
*1/8" NPT boost reference port (cyl 6)
*Six OEM manifold gaskets
*Seven extended length zinc coated bolts
*Seven zinc coated washers
*Two nylon rail and manifold alignment pins

The silver anodizing on these kits makes them compatible with all fuels and includes the complete upgraded fuel lines that will replace all the stock lines with 3/8" E85 compatible lines. In addition the kits include all of our latest anodized custom billet fittings including our exclusive Cam-Lock style fittings for the HPFP connection and ethanol sensor should you decide to include it. These new designs not only eliminates any plastic clips in those fittings but also makes it much easier to verify that the fitting is installed properly and locked in place. Our anodized custom Y fittings also eliminate all the threaded fittings and possible leak points associated with off the shelf fittings that can require up to four fittings to do what we do with one.

Link to the E-series kits can be found by clicking here and the Link to the F-series kits can be found here

Name:  complete PI and LPFP kit with BG reduced.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  94.0 KB Name:  complete PI and LPFP kit for F-Series with BG reduced.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  91.8 KB

Pumps and port injection kits can be purchased separately so that you can upgrade as need, time, and funds allow.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 08:00 PM

Reserved

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 08:01 PM

Install and demonstration videos...

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 04-23-2018 at 08:09 PM..
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 04-23-2018, 10:08 PM

Steve, I have your stage 2 bucketless on my N54 around 570 to the wheels. Im on E65 I went as high as E80 but lpfp dipped too low. I have a stock pump and bucket on my shelf. Best option ? Car has done 580whp and can do more BUT im limited on my lpfp side.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 04-24-2018, 12:29 AM

awesome new products again,

PI is compatible with meth ?

Any possibility of a Bracket hoses and wiring to upgrade our fuel it bucketless to this setup?
(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW E92
Default 04-24-2018, 05:15 AM

Nice! Patiently waiting on the FI-1000

2011 E92 ABR N55 Built Motor | ABR Built 6AT | Big Boost 3.4 Turbo Kit | JB4 + MHD | xPH Stg3 Flash | Fuel-It Stg 3 LPFP | Fuel-it PI Kit | COBB Exhaust | E85 |
(#7)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 04-24-2018, 08:01 AM

Poor branding IMO, sorry Steve. 650 HP...is that crank hp or whp? E85 or pump gas?

Torque would be a better rating because the fuel curve follows the torque curve. A single turbo car running a 6266 will use less fuel than a 600 whp car on PS2. Never understood why companies try to rate anything in HP

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#8)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-24-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Steve, I have your stage 2 bucketless on my N54 around 570 to the wheels. Im on E65 I went as high as E80 but lpfp dipped too low. I have a stock pump and bucket on my shelf. Best option ? Car has done 580whp and can do more BUT im limited on my lpfp side.
Seems like your best bet would be to just piggy another Walbro 450 onto your existing modular bucket less setup.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Agree with Rob, we'd recommend adding our current stage 3 bucketless add on kit to your existing Stage 2 bucketless assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
awesome new products again,

PI is compatible with meth ?

Any possibility of a Bracket hoses and wiring to upgrade our fuel it bucketless to this setup?
Yes, the port injection kit is compatible with methanol and we offer the necessary fuel line and adapter for that but that would be a different setup than the FI-650HP port injection kit.
That stuff can be purchased ala cart here...

http://www.fuel-it.com/n54-diy-port-injection-kit/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Poor branding IMO, sorry Steve. 650 HP...is that crank hp or whp? E85 or pump gas?

Torque would be a better rating because the fuel curve follows the torque curve. A single turbo car running a 6266 will use less fuel than a 600 whp car on PS2. Never understood why companies try to rate anything in HP
Hard to please everyone. We never talk crank horsepower and all of our ratings are for E85 as that is what most of our customers run. Capacities only increase when moving to pump gas or race fuels.

Why do we offer HP ratings? Because that is what people want to see and use as a standard reference point. We're not saying that is what you're going to make, we're saying it's what they will support and those numbers are based on E85 with a stoich rating of 9.6:1, it only gets better from there. In addition, we give you the flow ratings, so you can do the math for your particular application if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Seems like your best bet would be to just piggy another Walbro 450 onto your existing modular bucket less setup.
Agreed.

(#10)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 04-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Thanks you guys. Appreciate the feedback.
(#11)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 04-24-2018, 02:45 PM

What is next step for those who don’t run with any type of ethanol and having currently bucketless stage 2 pump ? Thanks in advance.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, Zage Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-24-2018, 03:03 PM

Nice work Steve!

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.6, 60-130: 5.3
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#13)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-24-2018, 07:48 PM

steve,

I have your Stage 2 *bucket* purchased probably 2.5 years ago for a n54 335i. how much to upgrade to this, or something that supports 650-700hp

Last edited by matthewo; 04-24-2018 at 07:56 PM..
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
steve,

I have your Stage 2 *bucket* purchased probably 2.5 years ago for a n54 335i. how much to upgrade to this, or something that supports 650-700hp
You can just add the FI-650HP kit.

Your order would look like this and includes the pump, bracket, fuel line, and wiring harness. The return kit would be optional.

If you want the tophat pre-drilled for the wiring harness that option is also available.

Name:  n54 stage 3 650hp upgrade.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  65.0 KB

(#15)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-01-2018, 09:47 AM

So for us guys that already have an existing Fuel-It! Stage 2 bucketed LPFP that utilizes the Walbro 450, you're suggesting we just add another Walbro 450 on the outside of the bucket we already have installed? Wouldn't that get us right back into the risky area of burning up EKPs by running two 450s?

Here in a few months when I up boost and add port injection (I'm saving up for a manifold with integrated PI), I'll more than likely see my LPFP pressures struggle. At this point, I'll have to make a decision of whether or not to ditch my current setup for cash, and buy a brand new dual pump LPFP setup or just add on to my existing one with something like this.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
So for us guys that already have an existing Fuel-It! Stage 2 bucketed LPFP that utilizes the Walbro 450, you're suggesting we just add another Walbro 450 on the outside of the bucket we already have installed? Wouldn't that get us right back into the risky area of burning up EKPs by running two 450s?
No, the secondary pump runs off a dedicated wiring harness and does NOT run off your EKP. That is the whole purpose of this setup, to allow you to run a stock pump off the EKP and a secondary pump off the supplied wiring harness that utilizes a relay and runs off the battery. If you already have a Stage 2, you can retain that and add the secondary (FI-650HP).

(#17)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-02-2018, 10:57 AM

I think I understand. So if I retained my stage 2, that would continue to run off my EKP and draw no more power than it currently is, and the secondary pump I added to the outside of the bucket would have it's own dedicated wiring harness. Sounds pretty solid--and the best way to run two 450s without putting too much stress on the EKP. I'll probably end up going this route. I like the idea of running a bucketed setup since I do long stretches at a time, and don't like the idea of fuel starvation by doing a pull when getting near empty.

How much additional is having the top hat pre-drilled for the wiring harness?

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2018, 05:16 AM

Exactly. You can order the tophat online when you place your order. It's one of the options listed.

"LPFP upgrade kit with tophat and wiring harness"

http://www.fuel-it.com/fi-650hp-e-se...-upgrade-kits/

Name:  example.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  70.1 KB

(#19)
Old

Car: 2009 E82 135i Coupe LeMans Blue
Default 05-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Steve,

I also currently have your Stage II (in the bucket) kit installed.
If I buy the PI kit without any additional LPFP upgrades, will there be enough fuel to max out stock turbos on full E85?

Thanks!
(#20)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Steve,
Is this route recommended over a stage 3 lpfp?i have a fuel it stg 2 bucket.was gonna sell that and go to straight stg3?or this the better choice?
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKRTHNU
Steve,

If I buy the PI kit without any additional LPFP upgrades, will there be enough fuel to max out stock turbos on full E85?

Thanks!
That should be plenty of fuel for stock turbos, you will be limited to about 600whp worth of fueling with that setup.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
Steve,
Is this route recommended over a stage 3 lpfp?i have a fuel it stg 2 bucket.was gonna sell that and go to straight stg3?or this the better choice?
"If you are currently running our Stage 2 LPFP and want to upgrade to stage 3, you can still add this upgrade option for approximately 2.2 gallons of flow per minute."

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKRTHNU
Steve,

Thanks!
Payam was spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
Steve,
Results will be similar but this is the least expensive method that doesn't require a core exchange, etc.

(#24)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default 05-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Steve, happy that you developed this, I want to order like right now! I too have a stage 2 lpfp bucket type and what to upgrade off of that, I am fbo, mmp stage 3, inlets and outlets and eos pi kit, estimated 620whp custom tuned, how ever my stage 2 dips too low, what do I need exactly? I see options for harness and return line etc...

2007 335i e92 space grey, a/t, fbo, mfactory lsd and boost addictions diff lock down, bmw pe mod, xHP stage 3, mmp stage 3, inlets and outlets and eos pi, custom tuned by pure evil estimated 620whp on e50 23psi. Current 1/4 mi 11.9 @116 on stock turbos.
Suspension: Koni yellows eibach lowering springs
Wheels: iforged Daytona 19x9.5f 19x10r
Drop a gear and disappear.
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2018, 11:25 PM

Hi,

You'll just need the LPFP upgrade kit with wiring harness. If you're comfortable drilling your own top hat for the power treminals, great and nothing else to buy in that regard. If not, you can add the tophat as well.

To trigger the secondary, if you are running one of the newer BMS PI controllers, you can trigger the secondary with that, if not you'll need a hobb's switch. I'd recommend the 15psi since you are running a stage 2 pump.

Email us at info@fuel-it.com if you have any more questions for a quicker response.