N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1301)
Old

Car: 335i e93
Default 07-18-2018, 12:36 PM

I bought it about 3 years ago. Is there a problem with PI if the chip Is older version?

E93 335i n54/ MMP 1K turbos/ MMP Stage 2 Port Injection/MMP outlets+ relocated inlets/rb pcv valve/walbro 450/ vrsf chargepipe with 3,5bar tmap+ turbosmart bovs/ stepped core IC/ cittyless Downp/ cittyles secondary / jb4+ BMS PI contoller. E85 hybrid PI flash.
(#1302)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneko
I bought it about 3 years ago. Is there a problem with PI if the chip Is older version?
You will need to get the upgraded 24k22 chip.

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1303)
Old

Car: 335i e93
Default 07-18-2018, 02:29 PM

Ok. Thanks. ��

E93 335i n54/ MMP 1K turbos/ MMP Stage 2 Port Injection/MMP outlets+ relocated inlets/rb pcv valve/walbro 450/ vrsf chargepipe with 3,5bar tmap+ turbosmart bovs/ stepped core IC/ cittyless Downp/ cittyles secondary / jb4+ BMS PI contoller. E85 hybrid PI flash.
(#1304)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-21-2018, 07:45 AM

I got my single turbo installed and port injection. Now i cant find the information i need for the jb4 settings. Do i only need to set
all fuel bias to 50.
meth safety 0.
meth triger mode 0.
At WMI i go to --- signal scaling and set to 99 and set the minimum flow PSI boost to about 7 PSI?
(#1305)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 07-25-2018, 05:00 AM

Hello everyone just looking for some assistance here if possible.

Got my engine bay torn apart to install the fuel it DIY port injection. And for the life of me I can't see how some of you guys say you have the split second controller mounted inside the DME and routed through. I know most of you guys are running 3:35 / 1:35 and I'm running a E60 so I'm sure it's going to be a little different but as far as setup goes I know a lot of you are running the split second controller with the jb4 and have everything mountain in there. For the flash only guys like myself how do you have it set up to where if you need to make changes you don't have to rip the engine bay apart every time? And also is it safe to mount the switch I can control it just normally in the engine bay I don't always soak my engine or what it but from time to time I do do a little engine cleaning with water.
(#1306)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-25-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denobd
Hello everyone just looking for some assistance here if possible.

Got my engine bay torn apart to install the fuel it DIY port injection. And for the life of me I can't see how some of you guys say you have the split second controller mounted inside the DME and routed through. I know most of you guys are running 3:35 / 1:35 and I'm running a E60 so I'm sure it's going to be a little different but as far as setup goes I know a lot of you are running the split second controller with the jb4 and have everything mountain in there. For the flash only guys like myself how do you have it set up to where if you need to make changes you don't have to rip the engine bay apart every time? And also is it safe to mount the switch I can control it just normally in the engine bay I don't always soak my engine or what it but from time to time I do do a little engine cleaning with water.
There's a plastic clip inside the DME cover, remove it and the AIC should fit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1307)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 07-25-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
There's a plastic clip inside the DME cover, remove it and the AIC should fit.

thanks for the reply..

how do the cables that connect to the injectors route out once I put the controller inside the DME box?

And I've seen where some people run the USB cable up through the firewall into the glove box is there a specific cable that I need that connects to the split second controller. Because the ones that I've seen attached to the jb4.
(#1308)
Old

Car: 2008 335i FBO
Default 07-30-2018, 07:31 PM

Terry,

I just started e85 tuning with Wedge (Ken) and utilizing PI for the first time. Everything looks good with the PI but i noticed that my 2 step isn't working with my current BEF. I'm running the recent shift bog fix also. Are the PI settings in the jb4 not allowing the 2 step to work? Also the meth trigger setting should be 0 or 1 for external trigger if using Hobbs switch for 2 lpfp ? (I have it set to 1 for external trigger, should I change it?)

Thanks in advance.
(#1309)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-31-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdrake27
Terry,

I just started e85 tuning with Wedge (Ken) and utilizing PI for the first time. Everything looks good with the PI but i noticed that my 2 step isn't working with my current BEF. I'm running the recent shift bog fix also. Are the PI settings in the jb4 not allowing the 2 step to work? Also the meth trigger setting should be 0 or 1 for external trigger if using Hobbs switch for 2 lpfp ? (I have it set to 1 for external trigger, should I change it?)

Thanks in advance.
PI settings shouldn't have anything to do with the 2step.

Meth Trigger Mode All Versions

0 - Meth flows on maps 3, 6, and 7 (default operation)
1 - Meth flows on all maps
2 - Meth flows on map 3 only
3 - Meth is disabled on all maps

Burger Motorsports

(#1310)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 08-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Does the PI controller only control Bosh injectors or can it run LS injectors?

Also is it recommended to run a return line with a FPR?
(#1311)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-14-2018, 04:39 AM

Does anyone have the Fuell maps of the past I find no more to download in the forum for the AIC6
(#1312)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 08-27-2018, 07:39 PM

Against your recommendation, I attempted to connect my HFS4 v2 kit along with my functioning PI Kit with BMS controller and was unsuccessful.

Is it possible for both kits to operate concurrently? Or is it possible the wiring must change with both kits.

The timeline for the issue is as follows:

HFS4v2 was fully functional with the following mods:
BMS 2step
BMS Antilag
BMS JB4
MMP Stage 3 turbos

Weeks later I installed a stage 3 fuel pump and PI kit with BMS controller. During install, I damaged the Stainless steel meth line and decided to unplug meth controller and lines from charge pipe. I also removed all HFS4 wires from ECU marking wires for ease of reinstall

The added fuel from the PI and second pump is great, but the lack of meth was unattractive.

In SoCal, the temperatures have been over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and the absence of meth was noticeable in my opinion.

The HFS4 kit is installed and I have full normal boost. The PI kit is spraying at 15 PSI via hob switch as expected, just no meth flow coming from the aquamist kit.

Enclosed are jb4 settings.

Name:  jb4 user adjustments Pre Changes.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  WMI JB4 Pre Changes.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  HFS4 v2 board..jpg
Views: 185
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  HFS4 v2 controller..jpg
Views: 185
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  HFS4 v2 Controller.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  79.7 KB

Quote:
We recommend to just go full PI. The meth kit will create issues for distribution on the injectors. I pulled my meth kit years ago and have never been happier.
Attached Images

Last edited by stickz23; 08-27-2018 at 08:21 PM..
(#1313)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2018, 09:01 AM

Best to hire a tuner, or just follow what we say

Burger Motorsports

(#1314)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i mt n54 2007
Default 09-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
It's the optional positive 2nd pump trigger.
Steve would you recommend to use this as a trigger or the jb4 db9 pin 7 instead?

Thanks
(#1315)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-07-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshinho
Steve would you recommend to use this as a trigger or the jb4 db9 pin 7 instead?

Thanks
Run the trigger off the PI controller.

Burger Motorsports

(#1316)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the answer.
As on pin#7 i have the nls/2step wire connected.
On the pi controller you reffer to the unused thick yellow cable?

Can you provide me an emial as i need aome help?

Thanks a lot
(#1317)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshinho
Thanks for the answer.
As on pin#7 i have the nls/2step wire connected.
On the pi controller you reffer to the unused thick yellow cable?

Can you provide me an emial as i need aome help?

Thanks a lot
Yup, that's the trigger wire. You will connect that to the red wire off the pump/relay with a fuse inline. Email me if you need more help

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

Last edited by Payam @ BMS; 09-07-2018 at 06:30 PM..
(#1318)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Yup, that's the trigger wire. You will connect that to the red wire off the pump/relay with a fuse inline. Email me if you need more help

Payam@burgertuning.com
Thanks a lot Payan you made my life simple

(#1319)
Old

Default Pi connection - 09-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Payam@burgertuning.com
bro. This is how i have it set up

Relay blue wire to the positive pump

Relay black wire to the battery negative connector

Relay yellow to a fuse and the other end of the fuse
to the battery postitive connector

Relay white to a fuse and the other end of the fuse to
The pi controller yellow cable

The negative pump wire to the battery negative connector

Do i have to set something on the jb4 under wmi options as
when you use the trigger
Of the relay (white cable) connected to the jb4 db9 pin #7 instead
of the pi yellow thick cable than i am actually using? Or the pi controller
Will do it things without having to set anything on the jb4?

Thanks

Facundo
(#1320)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335 (E90)
Default Codes - 09-10-2018, 02:18 PM

I recently installed the Phoenix intake manifold PI kit and it appears to be working just fine; however, it has now twice thrown the following codes:

2E18 Ignition, Normal 2STEP/NLS code
29E1 Fuel mixture control 2
29E0 Fuel mixture control.

It does not go into limp mode or change my map, and on both occasions it has happened in normal cruising with perhaps mild throttle tip in (i.e. not in WOT situations).

Anybody else seeing this?

'07 335 sedan, Stage 2 VVT, VVT inlets/outlets, VVT DCI, Phoenix CP with Tial BV, 3.5 bar TMAP sensor, Spec twin disk clutch with SMF, BMS OCC, RB PCV valve, ***less ***, VRSF catback with Vibrant *** installed, ETS 5" intercooler, Fuel-It stage 2 fuel pump, JB4, Phoenix PI intake manifold /w 550cc injectors, Fuel-it fuel lines, ethanol sensor and analyzer
(#1321)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-21-2018, 05:45 PM

I recently installed the Peonix Manifold with 750cc injectors and the BMS PI Controller. I followed Steve’s guide from the fuel-it site to wire up the PI controller however Meth is still reading at 0 across the board. I set the meth trigger to 1 but still no luck.

After double checking the wiring and after reading this thread some, I’m wondering if I have my stage 3 LPFP and PI connected wrong. For the Stage 3 pump, I have it connected to DB9 pin #7 and the PI controller (white) on DB9 pin #9. As I am reading this, i’m Starting to think I should have the PI controller (white) on DB9 Pin#7 and the LPFP connected to the yellow trigger wire off the PI kit?

Is that correct??

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
JB4/MHD/Trebila tune, xHP stg3, BT R8 Coils, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", ER Charge Pipe w/ Forge DVs, AMS Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg3+ LPFP, MMPe twin 1k's

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW Coils tuned for e88

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ Berk Resonated Midpipes

12.146@116.93mph 1/4 mile on 93 pump