N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3451)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 08-02-2020, 12:49 PM

So this was asked a while back but there wasn't any serious answer to the question, but is it possible to get crackles and pops with the JB4?
(#3452)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 08-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So this was asked a while back but there wasn't any serious answer to the question, but is it possible to get crackles and pops with the JB4?
No piggyback can do that. Need a back end flash or ECU tune.
(#3453)
Old

Car: 2018 stinger GT1
Default Jb4 going back to map 0 - 08-03-2020, 09:00 AM

2018 stinger3.3 BMS intakes BMS blowoff valve 2 step colder plus and Jb4 with fuel wires
On map 1 or 2 car goes to map zero and have to restart car after
Looks like Iím running out of fuel???
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200731_154944.csv (12.0 KB, 7 views)
(#3454)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struble
2018 stinger3.3 BMS intakes BMS blowoff valve 2 step colder plus and Jb4 with fuel wires
On map 1 or 2 car goes to map zero and have to restart car after
Looks like Iím running out of fuel???
Looks like one of the fuel wires isn't making correct contact.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3455)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 08-03-2020, 05:00 PM

JB4 keeps dropping to Map0 for no apparent reason. Posted some logs a couple lines up to show. Any ideas on why?
(#3456)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-03-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
JB4 keeps dropping to Map0 for no apparent reason. Posted some logs a couple lines up to show. Any ideas on why?
Looks like Terry reviewed the logs. Did you check your last safety?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#3457)
Old

Default 08-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Looks like Terry reviewed the logs. Did you check your last safety?
I think the issue is with my WMI install. The connections and tubing is on tight but this p2563 goes back to when I put it in. Any thoughts on why this would cause a code and reverting to Map0?
(#3458)
Old

Default 08-03-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I think the issue is with my WMI install. The connections and tubing is on tight but this p2563 goes back to when I put it in. Any thoughts on why this would cause a code and reverting to Map0?
Actually- from what I can find online, it may be due to EWGs. Is it possible those went bad?
(#3459)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Actually- from what I can find online, it may be due to EWGs. Is it possible those went bad?
Could be a wiring issue. If codes clear but then return next startup may be an older JB4 that requires a 2580 update.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3460)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Could be a wiring issue. If codes clear but then return next startup may be an older JB4 that requires a 2580 update.
Thanks Terry- as usual, your customer service team comes through with quick responses. Iíve been emailing with them to get the update. I appreciate all your help.
(#3461)
Old

Car: Genesis g70 3.3T
Default 08-05-2020, 08:20 PM

Hi new to this forum I asked on the genesis forums though also but no luck, I installed the JB4 perfectly and got it brand new from Khartuning who I believe buys from Burger. Whenever I open the app and try to connect to the JB4 in the app it gets to Waiting for handshake then fails after 5 attempts, I tried it on 3 phones with no luck. I can see the JB4 in their Bluetooth and I see it in a bluetooth scanning app with full signal but I can't get it past the handshake part in the app so that it finally connects. Any help would be appreciated
(#3462)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 08-06-2020, 07:40 AM

Just shooting from the hip...
1. If the car has bluetooth, and you're phones are automatically connecting to that, kill that connection
2. Shut the WiFi off on your phone
3. Pull the latest firware through the app, 19 seems to be working well. Try flashing your JB4, I'm pretty sure it uses a different process outside of the normal synch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalkingjon
Hi new to this forum I asked on the genesis forums though also but no luck, I installed the JB4 perfectly and got it brand new from Khartuning who I believe buys from Burger. Whenever I open the app and try to connect to the JB4 in the app it gets to Waiting for handshake then fails after 5 attempts, I tried it on 3 phones with no luck. I can see the JB4 in their Bluetooth and I see it in a bluetooth scanning app with full signal but I can't get it past the handshake part in the app so that it finally connects. Any help would be appreciated
(#3463)
Old

Default 08-06-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Just shooting from the hip...
1. If the car has bluetooth, and you're phones are automatically connecting to that, kill that connection
2. Shut the WiFi off on your phone
3. Pull the latest firware through the app, 19 seems to be working well. Try flashing your JB4, I'm pretty sure it uses a different process outside of the normal synch.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

1. It was only connected to my LG phone (i've tested it on 3 devices) I tried disconnecting it from the LG too and giving it a bit but no luck with that.
2. Wifi was off on all 3 devices (one hasn't had wifi on in a few days since my dad always has it off). Still no luck
3. How do I flash the JB4 through the App? Also will this work if I can't connect to it.

Some notes: I know the JB4 is working on at least Map 1 (I think is the default) because the thing pulls completely different and I can feel the power since I've been daily driving it 30+ miles a day for 7 months. Also the Light on the Bluetooth adapter isn't on I see what looks like a little light but that's not any color i'm just not sure if that lights up when it's connected or if it's on at all times. I tried the pin method that they have on the site but had to rush back inside since it started drizzling so I will try again later as well. Just want to get a few things that I can do to try on the device.

Also note I can see the JB4 in the bluetooth settings for the phone / a bluetooth scanning app I downloaded I see it at full signal when I lift it off the car and right next to my phone.
(#3464)
Old

Default 08-06-2020, 08:28 AM

With no connection in the app you can still go to Setting, Advance, Firmware. There at the bottom hit Browes latest firmware files, you just need an internet connection. There you will see a list of 90+ makes and model the JB4 supports. Unfortunately I can't find anything on the Hundia G.... (which I assume you have because your first post said you were on a Genesis forum) Edit, #21 is for both KIA and Hundai, sorry about that....

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

1. It was only connected to my LG phone (i've tested it on 3 devices) I tried disconnecting it from the LG too and giving it a bit but no luck with that.
2. Wifi was off on all 3 devices (one hasn't had wifi on in a few days since my dad always has it off). Still no luck
3. How do I flash the JB4 through the App? Also will this work if I can't connect to it.

Some notes: I know the JB4 is working on at least Map 1 (I think is the default) because the thing pulls completely different and I can feel the power since I've been daily driving it 30+ miles a day for 7 months. Also the Light on the Bluetooth adapter isn't on I see what looks like a little light but that's not any color i'm just not sure if that lights up when it's connected or if it's on at all times. I tried the pin method that they have on the site but had to rush back inside since it started drizzling so I will try again later as well. Just want to get a few things that I can do to try on the device.

Also note I can see the JB4 in the bluetooth settings for the phone / a bluetooth scanning app I downloaded I see it at full signal when I lift it off the car and right next to my phone.

Last edited by AWDGT2; 08-06-2020 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: update
(#3465)
Old

Default 08-06-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
With no connection in the app you can still go to Setting, Advance, Firmware. There at the bottom hit Browes latest firmware files, you just need an internet connection. There you will see a list of 90+ makes and model the JB4 supports. Unfortunately I can't find anything on the Hundia G.... (which I assume you have because your first post said you were on a Genesis forum) Edit, #21 is for both KIA and Hundai, sorry about that....
Downloaded the newest "Stable" version of #21 and went outside. Once i select the .hex file then select flash / Update it says "Connection to JB4 required" so it won't let me flash it before connecting to it which is my main issue , I tried the Pin method that support mentioned to me but no luck. I'm just not sure if the light means something because if the light on the dongle is suppose to be on then mine definitely isn't working properly because mine is off.
(#3466)
Old

Default 08-06-2020, 10:27 AM

You might have to reach out to Burger directly. I know they monitor this forum so maybe they will chime in. It does sound like that blue tooth adapter might have issues. The only other thing I would recommend is to open the box back up and check the 9 pin connectors seating. Pull it apart and make sure the pins aren't bent or missing. I *think there are 3 total on the male side.
Quote:
Downloaded the newest "Stable" version of #21 and went outside. Once i select the .hex file then select flash / Update it says "Connection to JB4 required" so it won't let me flash it before connecting to it which is my main issue , I tried the Pin method that support mentioned to me but no luck. I'm just not sure if the light means something because if the light on the dongle is suppose to be on then mine definitely isn't working properly because mine is off.
(#3467)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Email in to JB4 mobile tech support but sounds like a faulty JB4 mobile adapter. If you tried the basic steps they can swap it out for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#3468)
Old

Default 08-06-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Email in to JB4 mobile tech support but sounds like a faulty JB4 mobile adapter. If you tried the basic steps they can swap it out for you.
Yep tried everything suggested, Seems to be that or the main board from what they said. Hoping it's the kit! They said they'll send a replacement so going to try and go with that. Thanks for the assistance!
(#3469)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-06-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Nothing lights up on the bluetooth adapter.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's