N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3751)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-10-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumaurier7
They arent uploading, I keep getting an error.
What is it saying?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3752)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-11-2020, 10:00 AM

Think I got it to work! Please see a couple logs from last weekend, I am presently running the stock turbo, meow-less down pipe and full upgraded exhaust (Super Sprint), Dinan dual core intercooler, AFE intake, Phoenix Racing manifold with PI (750cc injectors) controlled by JB4 (map3) and BMS controller, stage 2 LPFP, stock coils and plugs on 93 pump.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 11_24_52_Map-3.csv (15.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 11_36_22_Map-3.csv (8.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-11-2020 at 10:25 AM..
(#3753)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 10:11 AM

......two more ! Question, why is my IAT displayed in deg.C in the gauges but shows up as Fahrenheit in the logs?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 11_37_44_Map-3.csv (36.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 15_14_00_Map-3.csv (25.4 KB, 4 views)
(#3754)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
......two more ! Question, why is my IAT displayed in deg.C in the gauges but shows up as Fahrenheit in the logs?
Looks like it's working.

What fuel? You're having lots of timing pull.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3755)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 11:31 AM

All pulls done on 93 pump gas, which line is ignition? where is it supposed to be at according to the DMEs' ignition map calibration? I will be running a single nozzle for water (only) injection for cooling and knock / ignition retard suppression.

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-11-2020 at 11:55 AM..
(#3756)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
All pulls done on 93 pump gas, which line is ignition? where is it supposed to be at according to the DMEs' ignition map calibration? I will be running a single nozzle for water (only) injection for cooling and knock / ignition retard suppression.
You can see timing in each individual cylinder. Add some e85 since you have PI.

Burger Motorsports

(#3757)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You can see timing in each individual cylinder.
Yep, I'm seeing it on the logs still on my mobile.... but it doesn't seem too bad though, but as I asked before, do you know where its supposed to be for that boost pressure on the DMEs' ignition map?

Quote:
Add some e85 since you have PI.
E85 isn't easily accessible in my country (I'm in the Caribbean! Trinidad to be exact!) hence the plan to do WI.
(#3758)
Old

Car: 2015 bmw x5 35i xdrive m package
Default 03-17-2020, 12:35 PM

I just updated jb4 app ,the future use d value D has been removed! anyone can tell me why or help? thank you so much!
(#3759)
Old

Default 03-18-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I just updated jb4 app ,the future use d value D has been removed! anyone can tell me why or help? thank you so much!
(#3760)
Old

Default 03-19-2020, 06:13 AM

Someone please answer the guy! Your support is supposed to be second to none!

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT, Super Sprint exhaust with 4 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, JB4, BMS PI controller, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks stage 2 LPFP all on 93 octane pump gas!
(#3761)
Old

Default 03-19-2020, 06:18 AM

I also have a question of my own, last night on my way home from work I experienced two “hiccup” type interruptions, it was like there was a momentary loss of communication somewhere. I read about this experience here and there but I’m now experiencing it, are you guys looking into this? Is this something that a BEF will fix?

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT, Super Sprint exhaust with 4 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, JB4, BMS PI controller, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks stage 2 LPFP all on 93 octane pump gas!

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-19-2020 at 06:55 AM..
(#3762)
Old

Default 03-19-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
a lot of people complain about future use D value
we like enter the value back !
thank you so much
(#3763)
Old

Default 03-19-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashzhang87
thank you so much
???????????

(#3764)
Old

Car: about to purchase 09 335i Xdrive
Default 03-19-2020, 08:23 PM

a quick question.

installed JB4 in my n55 f34 tonight and initially installed the EWG_17_T2 firmware and my car powered up with half/power and drivetrain malfunction. mine is AWD and 8AT if that matters.. cleared codes but no drivetrain malfunction code present. .. tried driving around block to see if it would clear and still there...

Decided to download and install EWG_16_TEST5 firmware and after clearing codes, it runs beautifully...

Mine has FF cable and EWG cable installed and is running map 2..

Any thoughts as to why it responded so badly?

now that codes are cleared, I remember why I loved the JB4 on my old n54 e90....

2016 335 GT - let the upgrades begin..

2000 Z3M
(lots of upgrades LOL)

(#3765)
Old

Default 03-20-2020, 05:45 AM

Hellos, every time I connect to my JB4 I get the error message in the pic, why doe this happen? Could this be turned off?
Attached Images

(#3766)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashzhang87
thank you so much
Future Use D has been changed to Options in the user adjustments tab.

Burger Motorsports

(#3767)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Hellos, every time I connect to my JB4 I get the error message in the pic, why doe this happen? Could this be turned off?
You will need to email Support@JB4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#3768)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos23
a quick question.

installed JB4 in my n55 f34 tonight and initially installed the EWG_17_T2 firmware and my car powered up with half/power and drivetrain malfunction. mine is AWD and 8AT if that matters.. cleared codes but no drivetrain malfunction code present. .. tried driving around block to see if it would clear and still there...

Decided to download and install EWG_16_TEST5 firmware and after clearing codes, it runs beautifully...

Mine has FF cable and EWG cable installed and is running map 2..

Any thoughts as to why it responded so badly?

now that codes are cleared, I remember why I loved the JB4 on my old n54 e90....
Did you happen to get a log or any code number while it was in that mode and firmware?

Burger Motorsports

(#3769)
Old

Car: BMW M2 Manual
Default 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM

Hey guys, New to JB4 and tuning.. installed the JB4 on my M2 last night, updated the firmware to v17 T2 and I connected the JB4 via USB and selected Map 2 and set future use D to Yes. Was not able to get the map switch using BC button to work. I hold BC for 8 seconds, tried the volume down bit.. nothing seems to work. I don't notice any increase in power. My JB4 has the EWG connector but i didn't install it because i couldn't reach it but will try this later. Is this why?

Or am I doing something wrong?
(#3770)
Old

Default 03-20-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Did you happen to get a log or any code number while it was in that mode and firmware?
when I scanned it, the onl codes were related to radio reset I had recently done, but none related to drivetrain or front accident avoidance system which were displayed on display in the car and reporting errors..

The weird part... I didn't read any codes related to either system reporting issues.

after installing new firmware (16_TEST5 vs 17_T2) the problems went away... is T2 intended to be newest version?

If I decide to add MHD BEF where are latest maps??.. the zip file in the thread is dated 2018

Thanks Terry.

2000 Z3M
(lots of upgrades LOL)

(#3771)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-23-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccar
Hey guys, New to JB4 and tuning.. installed the JB4 on my M2 last night, updated the firmware to v17 T2 and I connected the JB4 via USB and selected Map 2 and set future use D to Yes. Was not able to get the map switch using BC button to work. I hold BC for 8 seconds, tried the volume down bit.. nothing seems to work. I don't notice any increase in power. My JB4 has the EWG connector but i didn't install it because i couldn't reach it but will try this later. Is this why?

Did you connect the OBD2 to JB4 correctly?

Burger Motorsports

(#3772)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-23-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos23
when I scanned it, the onl codes were related to radio reset I had recently done, but none related to drivetrain or front accident avoidance system which were displayed on display in the car and reporting errors..

The weird part... I didn't read any codes related to either system reporting issues.

after installing new firmware (16_TEST5 vs 17_T2) the problems went away... is T2 intended to be newest version?

If I decide to add MHD BEF where are latest maps??.. the zip file in the thread is dated 2018

Thanks Terry.
The latest MHD maps will be in the thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#3773)
Old

Default 03-24-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Did you connect the OBD2 to JB4 correctly?
Yes, It said it uploaded correctly. car started without issue but with engine light and really weird sound (kinda a whooshing sound coming and going from engine topside). do what I explained above and flash with the v16 map and everything worked fine...

What's the difference between the V16 TEST5 maps and V17_T2 map? is it intended to replace v16?

Quote:
The latest MHD maps will be in the thread.
latest I can find is on first page in a zip file...

2000 Z3M
(lots of upgrades LOL)

(#3774)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-26-2020, 07:03 PM

So with the latest firmware update are we all still setting duty bias to 50?