N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default Log Check - Timing Corrections - E85 BEF Map7 - 03-26-2020, 07:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to cast their eyes over the log. I have just updated to the new IOS app version and it has auto combined 4 logs together, i hope it doesn't cause any troubles. This is also the first log with the latest JB4 firmware.

The first pull was the proper data log WOT from second low rpms all the way through third, the next 2 were from a dig, the last one was just a highway on ramp.

The car has been running ok, but when ever i do a log i always see timing corrections and not sure if i should be worried or if it can be tweaked to be better.

The car is spec'd as per my signature. Running a e55 mix at the moment. I will also attach photos of all the JB4 settings. This JB4 was purchased second hand, i am just wondering if something isn't set right for my car.

Thanks so much.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200327_1100_runs(4).csv (140.9 KB, 1 views)

2007 BMW E92 335I 6AT, 3" VRSF Down, 7.5" Stepped FMIC, JB4 ISO Latest Firmware, E85 BEF, XHP Stage 3, Stage 2 LPFP, OCC, Milltek Exhaust, DCI, Index 12 Injectors, 1 Step Colder NGK Plugs, Charge Pipe, Silicon Vac Lines, Eldor coils.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 03-26-2020, 07:56 PM

Any way you can post just 1 log?

3rd gear, 2k redline, WOT, traction off- shift, end log

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-26-2020, 08:28 PM

Sorry Dave, i was thinking maybe you guys had some trick software which separated those combined logs.

Just did another 2 seperate logs (the correct way, i must be getting old, i had forgotten we need 3rd gear not 2nd). However, it looks like my HPFP is now crashing. It was fine this morning, but i have had this happen once before about 2 months ago.

I've had the car for about 6 months now, and it came with a G5 iso pre antilag JB4. The car ran well on that JB4 with minimal timing corrections. However i then purchased a second JB4 with antilag chip along with a BMS port injection kit. I have been using the new JB4 since November and the car just doesn't behave correctly. I get sudden shudders or loss of power a split second randomly on very light throttle. If you can glance over the current settings incase something is set wrong on the newer the JB4 that would be great. I don't want to put the port injection on until I know everything is working as it should be. Unless that will help my current fuelling issues.

Thank you so much for the support, i really like the JB4, i just need to workout how the hell to properly set it up and understand what everything does in the settings page.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200327_130741_runs(1).csv (28.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 20200327_130524_runs(1).csv (55.4 KB, 1 views)

2007 BMW E92 335I 6AT, 3" VRSF Down, 7.5" Stepped FMIC, JB4 ISO Latest Firmware, E85 BEF, XHP Stage 3, Stage 2 LPFP, OCC, Milltek Exhaust, DCI, Index 12 Injectors, 1 Step Colder NGK Plugs, Charge Pipe, Silicon Vac Lines, Eldor coils.