N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 for Porsche 911.1 and 911.2 - 05-30-2019, 01:10 PM

We will use this thread for info on the upcoming JB4 for Porsche 911 models!

Purchase Here: https://www.burgertuning.com/product...-911-turbo-jb4

JB4 Map Guide:

Map0 - JB4 disabled
Map1 - 2psi peak 91 octane
Map2 - 3psi peak 91/93 octane
Map3 - 4psi peak 93 octane, race gas, or ethanol blend
Map4 - 6psi peak ethanol blend or race gas
Map5 - 8psi peak ethanol blend, race gas, CPI required
Map6 - User adjustable by RPM map using settings on user adjustment page. Setting of 5.0 would request 5psi over stock at that specific engine speed.
Map7 - Progressive WMI integrated map, boost profile under WMI flow adjustable on WMI page.
Map8 - Low boost VALET map (400hp simulation!)

Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_PORSCHE_911_1.hex (49.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: hex JB4_PORSCHE_9112_2_1.hex (52.9 KB, 31 views)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-30-2019, 02:42 PM

Awesome stuff!

Thanks Terry

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Dyno Testing:

Payam was able to trek down to Weistec today to use their all wheel drive dynojet for a little tuning on our 2014 911 Turbo S development car.

Mods are the BMS intake, BMS chargepipe, Exhaust, BMS CPI, and of course the JB4 for tuning. The ECU on this vehicle is 100% factory and never been reflashed.

Baseline testing was done on 91 octane with CPI disabled, and then Payam cranked it up by adding in some E40 fuel and turning on CPI. Frankly we're not sure what others are getting with the car but we've been pretty impressed with its performance for such mild mods. It ran 166mph at the last Shift Sector standing 1/2 mile.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-02-2019, 06:09 PM

And you couldn't get the damn thing on my car when you had it?????

(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-02-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
And you couldn't get the damn thing on my car when you had it?????
You gave it to the wrong person LOL

If it involves taking the rear bumper off, Terry wont do it

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Car: 991.2 Turbo S
Default 09-03-2019, 04:35 PM

interesting System for 991.2 turbo s

One Question if i see the log data.

Wy Ignition is about 30 degress with high boost / and 20 degress with low boost in the logs for the 991 turbo S (red line peak 30 degress wiht 22psi boost ) red line 24 degress with 17psi boost)
Attached Images

Last edited by winnigt2; 09-03-2019 at 04:42 PM..
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnigt2
interesting System for 991.2 turbo s

One Question if i see the log data.

Wy Ignition is about 30 degress with high boost / and 20 degress with low boost in the logs for the 991 turbo S (red line peak 30 degress wiht 22psi boost ) red line 24 degress with 17psi boost)
More timing with more boost with higher octane fuel.
Lower timing with less boost on regular pump gas 93/91.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 09-07-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
More timing with more boost with higher octane fuel.
Lower timing with less boost on regular pump gas 93/91.
Is it possible on your beta version to create with map 6 a rpm depend boost curve

as following example?
Attached Images

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Yes map6 for user customized boost profiles is active.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 09-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes map6 for user customized boost profiles is active.

so it is possible to create a boost ramp depend on rpm ?obd interface is used for the rpm singal for my unterstanding
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2019, 05:00 PM

Right, it uses OBDII port to read RPM for that part of the mapping. Also reads pedal input, engine temp, afr, timing, fuel trims, throttle position, and much more to be incorporated in to the tuning.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 09-08-2019, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Right, it uses OBDII port to read RPM for that part of the mapping. Also reads pedal input, engine temp, afr, timing, fuel trims, throttle position, and much more to be incorporated in to the tuning.
Thanks for your answers

now another question / if i like to create a Boost 6 map, can I use your basic maps and correct only the boost by rpm......(like to add boost only above 4000rpm)

sorry my english is not the best

Last edited by winnigt2; 09-08-2019 at 02:41 AM..
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your answers

now another question / if i like to create a Boost 6 map, can I use your basic maps and correct only the boost by rpm......(like to add boost only above 4000rpm)

sorry my english is not the best
That would be only for map 6, so you can edit any value you'd like.
The other maps are preloaded and can't be changed.

So yes, if you want most boost only at 4krpm and above. You'll make a special map 6 boost profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 09-10-2019, 02:43 AM

great stuff

'13 BMW 335ix Full Weight No Nitrous 10.64 @129mph N55 WR / A90 Supra Full Weight No Nitrous 10.78@133mph
BMW M4 stay tuned

Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano @speedmotoringsolutions ➡
(#15)
Old

Default 09-18-2019, 11:35 AM

I already ordered a JB4 for a 991.2 turbo S over European Shop

What psi is possible with 95 Oktan US (European102 Oktan) Map 4?

If i create a boost map 6 / i copy one your map in the map 6 an adjust only boost by rpm..correct? (i see a lot of adjustable points in the map 6 and like to copy the variables to correct only boost by rpm)

Last edited by winnigt2; 09-19-2019 at 01:24 AM..
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-19-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I already ordered a JB4 for a 991.2 turbo S over European Shop

What psi is possible with 95 Oktan US (European102 Oktan) Map 4?

If i create a boost map 6 / i copy one your map in the map 6 an adjust only boost by rpm..correct? (i see a lot of adjustable points in the map 6 and like to copy the variables to correct only boost by rpm)
Yes, but you might need extra fueling.

Start with map 3 for now and post a log.

Correct, map 6 you can adjust boost via RPM to your needs after we review some logs

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2019, 06:57 PM

Found a possible bug in the 911.2 firmware. Anyone have time to load an update and grab a log so we can confirm?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: Audi S4
Default 03-14-2020, 08:27 AM

Any plans for the 991.2 S models (also turbocharged)?
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2020, 02:30 PM

Yes, the JB4 tuning is compatible with the new TurboS as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: Audi S4
Default 03-14-2020, 02:47 PM

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the 991.2 Carrera S and 4S models; the non turbo models (although, still turbocharged themselves).
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2020, 08:03 PM

The same 991.2 JB4 system should be compatible across the entire lineup.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-16-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135burner
Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the 991.2 Carrera S and 4S models; the non turbo models (although, still turbocharged themselves).
Yes, we have it here:

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...63fa8222&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports