N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1276)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-17-2018, 08:18 PM

Hello Payam and/or Terry. I posted my map 1 logs here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53725

Probably best to use third pull. If you could, please check them out and let me know what you think.
(#1277)
Old

Car: F32 440i
Default 06-18-2018, 08:29 PM

I have a weird bug with v9 on F32 440 B58 -- the green indicator on the shifter is not working. When the car starts, the P light is on but once I shift out of P, the green indicator light goes out and stays off. Can someone with the v9 have a look and see if this occurs on yours?

No other issues otherwise. Great product. Have emailed Terry but just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue
(#1278)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Don't see anything in the JB4 code that could be related to that...Might be normal stock behavior. Let's see if anyone else reports any issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1279)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 09:10 PM

I am quite sure it wasn't there prior to the JB4 install so it shouldn't be stock behavior. Small issue - as you said, let's see of anyone else reports an issue.

Could the install have caused this or a loose connection?

Thanks for the fast reply!
(#1280)
Old

Default 06-20-2018, 04:48 AM

Just to close the loop.

The gear shifter LED is spoilt and needs to be replaced. Nothing to do with the JB4.

Terry - quick question - putting aside the warranty concerns, is there any chance that the JB4 firmware can be corrupted by a reprogram of the ecu systems in the car?
(#1281)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-20-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tZe
Just to close the loop.

The gear shifter LED is spoilt and needs to be replaced. Nothing to do with the JB4.

Terry - quick question - putting aside the warranty concerns, is there any chance that the JB4 firmware can be corrupted by a reprogram of the ecu systems in the car?
Take the JB4 out before going to the dealer. Not worth the hassle from the dealer.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1282)
Old

Default 06-20-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Take the JB4 out before going to the dealer. Not worth the hassle from the dealer.
Thanks for the tip. I am well aware of the hassles etc etc and the debate over dealer vists/warranty.

But putting that aside, I am interested to know whether it is possible to corrupt the JB4 firmware if the ecu modules in the car are reflashed while the JB4 is attached but on Map 0 and OBD plug out. I would think it is not possible for any corruption to occur but just wanted the expert's (Terry's) input on this.
(#1283)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-20-2018, 10:33 AM

Terry can chime in, but I don't think it's possible on the B58 JB4. Only on the N54 JB4 since it connected directly inline with the DME cabling.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1284)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 06-20-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I works and I believe we are using it on Map 5. The current FUD setting bit 2 on the latest firmware will have the IAT spoof on all maps so you can test map 1 and see how it does if you don't have the octane/modifications to test map 5 off the bat.
Hah, you know what? All my runs with the spoof bit on were WITHOUT 6cyl timing set to 1. I missed that because it was in the v8 instructions but not in your v9 instructions. Do we still need to set 6cyl to 1?

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (50%) / 93 Octane
(#1285)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 06-24-2018, 04:44 AM

Is the new v9 supposed to make more power then v8 and does this apply to map 5, or just 6,7
(#1286)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2018, 09:27 AM

No performance is more or less the same, we improved the logging performance and channels, and fixed minor bugs, in v9.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1287)
Old

Default 06-24-2018, 10:14 AM

Terry... can you look at my Map 1 posts and provide some input/confirmation. Looks like I may just have an octane issue, but even Map 0 is giving me issues. Thank you for the support.
(#1288)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2018, 10:15 AM

Sure will check it out now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1289)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 06-25-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Hah, you know what? All my runs with the spoof bit on were WITHOUT 6cyl timing set to 1. I missed that because it was in the v8 instructions but not in your v9 instructions. Do we still need to set 6cyl to 1?
Quick bump on this one - does the IAT spoof in v9 work without 6cyl timing set to 1? Since it's a logging param I thought it didn't matter but please do chime in. Thanks...

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (50%) / 93 Octane
(#1290)
Old

Default 06-25-2018, 10:00 PM

Terry/Payam,

I posted, in this thread #1232, about an error when I select "F-Series All" in my settings. In my Map 1 post, it's being questioned as to why I don't have that selected in my logs. Does this matter? I'm using the firmware "BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_9_T4.hex" from the first post and was led to believe that it doesn't matter and to proceed. Please let me know if this is in error and assist to correct, if needed.
Attached Images

(#1291)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Install the windows JB4 interface again as a bug was fixed a few weeks ago.

Burger Motorsports

(#1292)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Install the windows JB4 interface again as a bug was fixed a few weeks ago.
Will do... thanks.

Edit: Re-Installed and all is working well. I've posted my new logs in the support thread I started. Thanks, once again, for the outstanding support.

Last edited by JBoe; 06-27-2018 at 06:31 PM..
(#1293)
Old

Default Help me for JB4's setting - 06-28-2018, 08:46 PM

Hi, Terry.
This is M240i. Use 93 octane, 99.5% meth for WMI system.I want to use Map 7 to get the best power.
I find some setting about N55, but I think is not correct for B58.
Could you tell me the meaning of 'Future Use A' 'Meth Safety Mode(0-3)' and 'Meth Trigger Mode(0-3)'?
I find at the bottom of User Adjustment Settings, there are '1-Boost Over Safety.....5-Fuel Trim Variance', how can I set it?
Thanks a lot!
My setting as pictures, please tell me the mistakes.
Attached Images

Last edited by Asuna; 06-28-2018 at 08:56 PM..
(#1294)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default Latest log in 3rd B58 - 07-02-2018, 02:27 AM

Installed FF and EWG
Intake
93 octane
Attached Files
File Type: csv new.csv (8.9 KB, 14 views)
(#1295)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-02-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsorussian
Installed FF and EWG
Intake
93 octane
FUA to 10 and re log
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1296)
Old

Default 07-03-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
FUA to 10 and re log
Just curious... what will FUA to 10 do?
(#1297)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Just curious... what will FUA to 10 do?
FutureUseA: Negative offset to dutycycle via EWG connector to correct
for over boost conditions when PWM is low

Basically should help your throttle closures.

Burger Motorsports

(#1298)
Old

Car: M140i xDrive
Default 07-08-2018, 07:22 AM

Hello Terry,

I have Problems with my JB4 Box.
I flashed the Version "BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_9_T4.hex"

Now I have some Problems..

First I Start the App and this error message occurs a few time

If the App is connected, I get this message

The function "Display" does not show any problems and even the maps are working. (1,2,3,5)

Now the main problem is, I have a lot of error messages in the error memory.
Like on the image:

All these error messages cannot be deleted and due to the fact that I cannot delete the error "180001 ******* ******** detected" my engine lamp is glowing any time.

After this I flashed on the Version "BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_8.hex" but all these failures still exist.

In the past I didnīt had any problems except the message "180001 ******* ******** detected" but error message could be delete anytime (and the engine lamp turned off).

Hope you can help me. Regards Marco
(#1299)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 07-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Is your car running fine? Where is your jb4 box located? Check if you got water on it.
(#1300)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 07-08-2018, 02:58 PM

Updated firmware to latest v9 t4 how do I enable afr indicator, do I do it through bc control?