N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 535i
Default My Meth Setup - 12-30-2013, 08:38 AM

Had Daniel aka Dr. Euro come out Saturday evening to do the install on my meth kit and have to say it looks phenomenal. Daniel spent a lot of extra time making it look as clean as impossible and he did not disappoint.

I built a custom piece to put inside the wheel well and then Daniel mounted everything in to fit perfectly. It looks like this setup was meant to be in there so that I have all the trunk space possible still. As far as fitment and looks I am 100% satisfied.

Onto the performance side. Still dialing things in and Daniel is working with me on a custom tune to see how much more aggressive we can get. Wedge made a flash for me based off what I was looking for and so far it is noticeable how much more power the car has. The meth was flowing at 100% the whole time. Currently only running a 40 additive on map 3 but this thing pulls hard. Will be tweaking some things over the next week and will get it back on a dyno next week.

Car did 400 HP/ 400 torque on map 2 with E30 2 weeks ago as a baseline. This is my DD so I am not looking to glory run it on a dyno to get some crazy numbers I want reliable and consistent power and so far I love what the meth has added.

Big thanks to Terry for having an awesome plug and play meth setup and all the support getting me to this point with the JB4. Also want to thank Wedge for offering some custom tuning as an enthusiast for everyone on our platform and of course Daniel who has thus far done amazing work on my car and will be working with me to pull even more out of this motor over the next couple of weeks.

Currently getting ready to change my plugs, clean the DCI, oil change, and get a walnut blasting as the car just hit 73k miles on it. Once those things are done and Daniel and I have dialed in the tuning some will get it back on the dyno for the Meth kit and Tuning Delta.
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Tee-Roid

Car: 2009 535i
Default 12-30-2013, 10:23 PM

What are your other mods?
(#3)
Old

Default 12-31-2013, 08:16 AM

Nice work.

Good to see when things turn out well. It's amazing how well that trunk mount setup works. It's actually really practical. I just carry a can of fix-a-flat as a "just in case".

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#4)
Old

Default 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRoid
What are your other mods?
My mods are, BMS DCI, ER FMIC, Dr. Euro **'s, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Backend flash, and the BMS Meth Kit with a custom tank.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-31-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
Nice work.

Good to see when things turn out well. It's amazing how well that trunk mount setup works. It's actually really practical. I just carry a can of fix-a-flat as a "just in case".
Have to say that I would have never done it this way without seeing you do it first so thanks for that. Also ya I have a can of Fix a Flat you just cant see it in the picture its on the far right tucked away as well. With this all setup properly its like it was meant to be in there for a great stealth approach. My previous car was a SRT8 Charger and it had no spare tire just some fix a flat spray so this to me was an easy way to do it.
(#6)
Old

Default Very Nice - 12-31-2013, 09:57 AM

I too have your mods (K&N drop instead, I like that you cant see much under the hood and its quieter this way) and have been thinking about about Meth. I can't get my car to run right due to fuel pressure issues, but I just received my AEM 320 lpfp and hope that it will fix the problem.

I spoke to Wedge a month or so ago, and really don't understand the "Backend Flash" as I have the sport model? Does that make a difference and if so, how? What exactly does it do?

Congrats on the install, when and if my car ever runs right, I will consider it as well.

JB4 G5 ISO; Hexon Hybrid 600; ER FMIC; Dr.Euro ***; RPI Scoop; BMS OCC & Thermo; KN Drop; AEM320e; M5 brakes; ST coils; 19" Renn Motorsport RS-51
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535
Default 01-01-2014, 12:41 PM

+1 on the auto and also what is the can of fix a flat for?
(#8)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman12
I spoke to Wedge a month or so ago, and really don't understand the "Backend Flash" as I have the sport model? Does that make a difference and if so, how? What exactly does it do?
The "Backend Flash" (at a very high level) is a reflash of the entire DME computer system.

Why would you do that?

Well the stock DME flash can tolerate a +/- range of a base level when adjusting timings/settings going to the engine.

When running higher than stock octane fuels such as 100 oct pump, e85 etc that base level can be much higher. If you don't adjust that base level, the DME will attempt to auto adjust the timings/settings and will hit the peak/trough of that range and throw a code.

hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Holley
+1 on the auto and also what is the can of fix a flat for?
fix a flat is just a compressed can of "stuff" that you spray into the tire if you get a flat. It simultaneously inflates the tire and plugs any holes.

It should really only be used as a last resort, but with the frequency that I think people get flats its worth the risk.

(#9)
Old

Car: 2007 Stealthed 335i 6spd Manual - JB4, OCC, ER Comp Oil Coolers, ER FMIC/CP Tial Q BOV
Default 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM

Im in the middle of ordering my meth setup too. Right now I 07 335i 6spd manual sport package with 70k miles on it bone stock sitting in storage in the states while im waiting out several more months in korea. So far ive ordered a stack of mods. Most everything from BMS. Terry's been very helpful other than that ive ordered alot from ER aswell. Right now im contemplating the quad meth setup but im going to run stock turbos for awhile. So far the mods I have boxed up brand new are.
Jb4 g5 with usb, sld and nolift shift addons, OCC, Oil thermostat, shift pedal spacer, shift valve, ER Full Comp fmic kit with CF Shroud CP and Tial Q bov. (2 bungs on before 2 after FMIC nearest FMIC in pipings) along with tge ER Comp Oilcoolers and shrouds. All ER stuff is Anodized black. NGK plugs BMS dci's. Next order is the bav tech, **'s and meth setup

Terry recomends not exceeding 1100ml/m on stock turbos. So doing math. 1 CM10 pushes 800ml/m where at CM2's I believe 180-200 cm3's 250-300. Somewhere around there. So right now im contemplating the 2.3 bms meth setup with 3 t's and holders. 2 cm3's b4 2 cm2's after. Im steering towards bms since its fully compatible on the fly with jb4. And fsb n all terry fully recomends the bms kit.

Any pointers? Whered n howd u get that tank with the bms meth setup! Loving it!

Last edited by WastedTalent; 01-01-2014 at 07:38 PM..
(#10)
Old

Car: 2007 Stealthed 335i 6spd Manual - JB4, OCC, ER Comp Oil Coolers, ER FMIC/CP Tial Q BOV
Default 01-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suii
Had Daniel aka Dr. Euro come out Saturday evening to do the install on my meth kit and have to say it looks phenomenal. Daniel spent a lot of extra time making it look as clean as impossible and he did not disappoint.

I built a custom piece to put inside the wheel well and then Daniel mounted everything in to fit perfectly. It looks like this setup was meant to be in there so that I have all the trunk space possible still. As far as fitment and looks I am 100% satisfied.

Onto the performance side. Still dialing things in and Daniel is working with me on a custom tune to see how much more aggressive we can get. Wedge made a flash for me based off what I was looking for and so far it is noticeable how much more power the car has. The meth was flowing at 100% the whole time. Currently only running a 40 additive on map 3 but this thing pulls hard. Will be tweaking some things over the next week and will get it back on a dyno next week.

Car did 400 HP/ 400 torque on map 2 with E30 2 weeks ago as a baseline. This is my DD so I am not looking to glory run it on a dyno to get some crazy numbers I want reliable and consistent power and so far I love what the meth has added.

Big thanks to Terry for having an awesome plug and play meth setup and all the support getting me to this point with the JB4. Also want to thank Wedge for offering some custom tuning as an enthusiast for everyone on our platform and of course Daniel who has thus far done amazing work on my car and will be working with me to pull even more out of this motor over the next couple of weeks.

Currently getting ready to change my plugs, clean the DCI, oil change, and get a walnut blasting as the car just hit 73k miles on it. Once those things are done and Daniel and I have dialed in the tuning some will get it back on the dyno for the Meth kit and Tuning Delta.
I am loooooving that tank setup! Insurance has road side assistance n im all about stealth. Id reallllly love that tank with the bms pump setup thats friggin sweet!!
(#11)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM

I have the BMS setup and just ordered this tank separately and so ya it can definitely be done. Just have to clean out your wheel well first.
(#12)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suii
I have the BMS setup and just ordered this tank separately and so ya it can definitely be done. Just have to clean out your wheel well first.
Hardest part about car being away from me is just that. Not beingable to look. My bro inlaw sent me pics he has is in his garage waiting on us ive never even driven It yet n already paid it half off lol crazyness
(#13)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Where did you order your tank from?
(#14)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedTalent
Hardest part about car being away from me is just that. Not beingable to look. My bro inlaw sent me pics he has is in his garage waiting on us ive never even driven It yet n already paid it half off lol crazyness
I think from memory the 335 doesn't have a spare wheel well in the trunk??? So that may be a little hard to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedTalent
Where did you order your tank from?
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/

(#15)
Old

Default 01-08-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
I think from memory the 335 doesn't have a spare wheel well in the trunk??? So that may be a little hard to install.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/
Thanks for the link pricey tank but worth it. And I think your right about the spare tire area. I know bavarian spumd has a drop in sub box I was wondering how that worked cause it looked like it has a deep compartment there instead on a tire. Ill.have my bro inlaw send more pics. Thanks for the heads up. Ill have to postpone the meth setup. Another hicup is I may be going to cali in the near future n will need a ***. Heard meth eats up cats. Then again AR claims to lifetime warranty and passes emmissions lol
(#16)
Old

Default 01-08-2014, 07:05 AM

Oh geeze I see what you mean googling pics. The 335i dual exhaust really limits my options. The 328 is nice. Could probably drop the 2.3bms tank in there. Maybe I can fit the 1.5gal bms tank in there. Thatd solve the hf *** concers also cause id only run the meth maps when I have a need to. Lol