(#51)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-24-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valing
With Map5:
Is it ok to tank E85/93 and the next 2 times 93 then 3 times E85/93 and so on? Or i have to adjust the Map5 after refuel with/without E85?
^This...you had it right.

If you change your mix....change maps and then change back to map 5 so that you reset your adaptions. Do a few 3rd gear pulls and you're good until the next time you change your mix. It doesn't matter if you switch back and forth between mixes as long as you do as I described after filling up.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#52)
Old

Car: E82 1M
Default 07-24-2013, 02:09 AM

Thank you
(#53)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 07-24-2013, 07:24 AM

You can alternate fuel mixtures as much as you want?

I recently was running 100% e85, then went to a blend of 50% e85 with 50% 91 and last night I put in 5 gallons of 100 oct for some testing.

This is the beauty of Map 5. It learns what the best result is.

Now as far as performance is concerned, it will vary depending on the fuel mixture you have, ambient conditions etc.

Mix away, just expect to have various performance changes.

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#54)
Old

Car: E82 1M
Default 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM

You mean without adjusting the map?
(#55)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valing
You mean without adjusting the map?
I've personally just left it on Map 5, done 3-4 adaptation runs and it was fine. I think the critical part is to do the adaptation runs.

But SteveAZ has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about this platform.

My guess is that changing from Map 5 to Map 'x' and back to Map 5 does a force reset to defaults. So maybe speeds up the process?

(#56)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM

anyone run map 7 with all e85? I do and logs seem in check.

map 5 isnt as nice low throttle driving on 100pct e85

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#57)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNeef

I tried running 100% e85 when I had stock snails (on Map 7) and it was ok, although I was hindered by fueling.

I don't think I'm the norm though. I'm having a range of fueling issues that I'm working on.

I believe SteveAZ is running 100% e85 and is currently tweaking a solution for reliable e85 driving.

(#58)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 07-24-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I daily drive on map 7... its no big deal. Map 7 works with E85 really well as long as you have the backend flash

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4 G5_FBO_BMS Cobb flash_Walbro 455_Spec S2+ Steel SMFW
(#59)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 08:09 AM

I have the BMS flash and run 100% e85 with no real issues...yet

No fuel mixture codes, just this 2aae code I get, but I've changed out the HPFP LPFP, next i would assume is the fuel pump module and/or new software coding. Going into the dealership soon to have them look at it.

Note, the code doesnt hinder any performance at all, logs look good.

Only thing is the partial throttle, seems like when it gets close to shifting gears, it hiccups

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#60)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:

No fuel mixture codes, just this 2aae code I get, but I've changed out the HPFP LPFP, next i would assume is the fuel pump module and/or new software coding. Going into the dealership soon to have them look at it.

Only thing is the partial throttle, seems like when it gets close to shifting gears, it hiccups
You do know I'm completely envious.

I'm onto my 3rd lpfp setup 'fix' and 2nd hpfp setup 'fix'.

(#61)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
You do know I'm completely envious.

I'm onto my 3rd lpfp setup 'fix' and 2nd hpfp setup 'fix'.
Ok I dont feel so bad.

Noticed you are in San Jose. Next time Im out there maybe I can take a look at the car and see your set up?

2008 535i AT

(#62)
Old

Default 07-24-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Ok I dont feel so bad.

Noticed you are in San Jose. Next time Im out there maybe I can take a look at the car and see your set up?

Absolutely. Depending on how long until you're out here next, fingers crossed, I'll have the fueling fixed and will be RBs on 100% e85 with 100% meth.

(As long as the trans can hold it!)

(#63)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:

I run a modded BMS file on my Cobb AP that has boosted torque conversion calc tables. This is to force the transmission into quicker, crisper shifts. It's definitely better than before, though no Alpina upgrade. I also raised the shift reduction in JB4 to 75.
I plan on tinkering with it some more, just haven't had much to me lately due to vacations, house guests and various other stuff. I will be logging and tweaking with Terry B who provided that file for me.

For a while I was chasing the idea of an Alpina flash for the transmission. But after a long hard search that led me to an Alpina B5 owner and TCU identification, it turned out that the B5 is based on the transmission used in 8 cylinder cars, so it just couldn't be adopted for our E60 535. Those who tried bricked their cars.
The other option is to have someone like Level 10 rebuild the valve body in the tranny and adjust the torque conversion dynamics. Big bucks involved.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=aoschadlin;267988
But SteveAZ has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about this platform.
[/QUOTE]

I am just a monkey that regurgitates what it sees (reads) and learns and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and share the findings. All in the hopes somebody smarter than me will make sense of it all

Quote:

Agreed...I run around on map 2 or 7.

Do post a log though...you would be a very rare exception if not the only one, that has good logs and isn't running meth to supplement fueling.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#65)
Old

Car: e90 335, e39 m5
Default 08-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Aoschadlin ;

Your 2AAE code for lpfp, what was the 'fix' ?

Also are you up to running 100% e85 with just the inline fuel mod? How do you look at the logs and see if you can run more e85?

inquiring minds want to know

- dan
- www.dkfxphotography.com <-- cars
- www.dankinzie.com <-- weddings
(#66)
Old

Default 08-01-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfx
Aoschadlin ;

Your 2AAE code for lpfp, what was the 'fix' ?

Also are you up to running 100% e85 with just the inline fuel mod? How do you look at the logs and see if you can run more e85?

inquiring minds want to know
Hey

As of right now, I'm still getting the code. Under WOT or even general cruising.

I'm taking my car to another perf shop to let them have the car for 3 days to just fix it once and for all.

I'm currently running a range of blends during my testing. At the moment I have 100% 100oct in the car. Would be fun except the car goes into limp mode each time it hits 5k rpm.

I've noticed more fuel strain since putting on the RBs, which is perfectly understandable as they push a greater volume through.

Haven't had much luck with 100% e85, but hoping that will correct itself after my next shop visit, which is currently 8/7. *fingers crossed*

The easiest step at seeing if you can run more e85 is whether your fuel system handles it. Just log it and see if it's able to support the hpfp well enough. The finer details of AFRs and Trims etc, are a little more complex. I suggest run a slightly higher concentration, post the logs and we can all give feedback.

I'm also not completely sold that the inline pump alone will be able to support 100% e85 with RBs, so I'll probably help to mask that by running the 100% meth.

(#67)
Old

Car: e90 335, e39 m5
Default 08-02-2013, 11:39 AM

How do you know if you are over the limit (from the logs)?

Just that the trims are going above the chart?

- dan
- www.dkfxphotography.com <-- cars
- www.dankinzie.com <-- weddings
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfx
How do you know if you are over the limit (from the logs)?

Just that the trims are going above the chart?
Post some logs for people to comment on.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#69)
Old

Car: F10 535xdrive
Default 45%E85 AFR High? - 10-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Just wondering what you guys think about the AFR on this log. Ive been getting the occasional limp mode error when going WOT in 3rd gear and when boost starts to build, I get a limp mode error and the car cuts throttle and upshifts for (thermal engine protection). Ive noticed that my logs where I have the error AFR is higher than normal logs with no issues.

Attachment 15408

Attachment 15409

2011 F10 N55 xDrive MSport
BMS JB4 STG 2, BMS SCI, COBB FMIC, Dr. Euro CTLS DP AA Custom CP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS
Triple Mishimoto 12" fans, with Dual Drerale Controllers
Flex Fuel Connectors, 45% E85
BMS 2.3 METH Kit, 30% tint, BMS HID Fogs
(#70)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-12-2013, 09:32 AM

Are you running E85?
(#71)
Old

Default 10-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Yes 55%93 45%E85.

BMS JB4 STG 2, BMS SCI, COBB FMIC, Dr. Euro CTLS DP AA Custom CP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS
(#72)
Old

Default 10-12-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
Are you running E85?
I was running 100 octane + 30% E85 but I backed it down to 93 octane until I can resolve the error I'm getting.

(#73)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-12-2013, 10:13 AM

that's a lot of timing advance you're running. And AFR seems a bit high to me even for race fuel.
(#74)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 10-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Given all the information in this thread is mostly in reference to the N54, can all the same practices be applied to the N55?
(#75)
Old

Default 10-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32
Given all the information in this thread is mostly in reference to the N54, can all the same practices be applied to the N55?
That's a good question because I was just going to ask the same thing, since I'm running the N55. I greatly appreciate the feedback but I was wondering if the feedback on my log was based upon the N54 norms or the N55?